Bizzy Crook Q&A
Miami-based rapper Bizzy Crook instantly gained an audience when he sampled Demi Lovato for his hit song “This is Me”. Riding the wave of success the 20-year-old rapper has just dropped his Good Luck EP, but still had time to chat with Kidzworld!
Bizzy was amazed how quickly "This is Me" caught on
Bizzy started rapping at 6 years old
Bizzy released his new EP Good Luck earlier this week
KW: How old are you and where are you from?
- Bizzy: I’m 20 years old and I’m from Miami, Florida.
KW: When did you first start realizing you were interested in making music?
- Bizzy: Well actually I realized that I wanted to make music and started making music that same day when I six years old, after listening to Eminem’s "My Name Is".
KW: How did you come up with the name Bizzy Crook?
- Bizzy: Well Bizzy Crook was just something I came up with back when I was rapping just about what everyone was rapping about, just about being a G or whatever, just something me and my friends put together and when I made a change I just kept it.
KW: You recently did a track with Demi Lovato, what made you decide to work together? Are you a fan of her music?
- Bizzy: Actually the whole Demi Lovato thing, I have never actually got to work with her, what I actually did was I sampled a song that I really liked off her movie Camp Rock and the song was such a hit that MTV was calling, her mother tweeted it, and it made it to the newspapers. Me and her never got a chance to sit down together and work, i would love to though!
KW: In the music video for “This Is Me” you’re hanging out with friends skateboarding, do you skateboard a lot in real life?
- Bizzy: I used to, I used to really skateboard coming into high school and then after that I just put all my focus into music , but I ‘m getting back into it.
KW: Who are some of your major musical influences?
- Bizzy: Definitely Eminem first and foremost, because that’s the person that made me wanna rap, and then you know there’s people like Jay Z and people like Kanye West, and I’m even influenced by people like Lady Gaga, I’m just astonished by the way that she’s not afraid of what people are gonna think of her, that kind of stuff is just dope to me.
KW: What is the best piece of advice you’ve received since starting out?
- Bizzy: The best piece of advice is just believe in yourself and if you feel something and nobody else feels it just keep doing it, nobody knows you better than you.
KW: Are you working on anything right now?
- Bizzy: I just finished an EP and we’re getting ready to start releasing this March, we’ll be releasing the first single March 5th.
KW: What is your favorite part of performing?
- Bizzy: It would definitely have to be tuning out the rest of the world and just keeping it between me and the crowd. A lot of my music comes from emotions, so just being on stage I feel like I actually get to relate to the crowd rather than just perform.
Movie: This is really hard! I’ll go with The Lion King
Check out Bizzy Crook feat. Demi Lovato in “This Is Me” below!
Have Your Say
What do you think of "This is Me"? Let us know in the comments section below!