Comments

Dear Dish-It: My Brother is Autistic

PSS asks: “I have an autistic brother. Are there ways to get him to be more comfortable about everything?” Back to Article

Disney_
Disney_ wrote:
2014-09-03 12:10:36 -0700

Awh /.\

HUNKERS
HUNKERS wrote:
2014-02-24 09:37:48 -0800

I have autism and I wasn't very social before my fam helped.

Tommy-loves-Trains
Tommy-loves-Trains wrote:
2014-01-11 05:24:40 -0800

Me and my brother have autism so we go to special schools

imagination44
imagination44 wrote:
2013-07-22 12:51:27 -0700

my heart goes out to people and their familes who have autism

*touch_the_Sky99*
*touch_the_Sky99* wrote:
2013-07-08 19:35:11 -0700

my little brother is autistic. there is no person i love more one this planet then him smile

DiamBars
DiamBars wrote:
2013-04-07 14:58:32 -0700

My older bro has autism too. It's sad, but he is special too!

Goddess.of.Mischief
Goddess.of.Mischief wrote:
2012-12-03 16:42:39 -0800

My older brother and cousin have autism. My 4-year old "boyfriend" and his older brother have it too. They are just the kindest things I'll ever know!

Goddess.of.Mischief
Goddess.of.Mischief wrote:
2012-12-03 16:41:06 -0800

They are. My brother is, My 4-year old "boyfriend" and his older brother are autistic. They're the sweetest things ever!

Kristy17
Kristy17 wrote:
2012-11-30 09:45:01 -0800

My bro refuses to sit with ppl.

R I S S A ;**♥
R I S S A ;**♥ wrote:
2012-11-20 17:09:12 -0800

My Broo Got Thiss Reaal Taalk , Buut He Sholl Got Somee Sensee To Knock Yoo Axx Ouut Lmaoo

rose52302
rose52302 wrote:
2012-11-06 16:21:10 -0800

When someone thinks diff than other people, or when someone well it's hard to explain...ask your mom or dadsmile

Blind Faith
Blind Faith wrote:
2012-11-06 16:19:18 -0800

...What's autism....?

Smart Panther
Smart Panther wrote:
2012-11-06 16:01:25 -0800

I think people with autism are sweetpeople

rose52302
rose52302 wrote:
2012-11-06 15:26:37 -0800

I love this!! you're a great sister to him! Remember to comfort him but don't treat him like a little kid. Let him do things on his own. like if you go to the same school, look for a kid that's his age and let them be friends. or, go to someone who works at the school and see if there's any other autistic kids that could be his friend!smile

Marbear21
Marbear21 wrote:
2012-10-27 11:37:43 -0700

I think people with autism are the sweetest people. One way to make him more comfortable is to make a game out of everything. Also just be with him a lot. What I found out is that most of the time all they need to feel comfortable is someone to be there who truly loves and cares for them.

purplezebra1235
purplezebra1235 wrote:
2012-09-12 13:25:29 -0700

My sister has autism

callmeyoyo23
callmeyoyo23 wrote:
2012-09-11 21:56:21 -0700

Poor you!

vanillacupcake454
vanillacupcake454 wrote:
2012-09-10 18:51:25 -0700

If i meet her brother i would have been his friend i wish i could be there for him

SunshineBeauty
SunshineBeauty wrote:
2012-09-10 18:34:09 -0700

My sister has mild autism...

AlphaT
AlphaT wrote:
2012-09-02 08:11:42 -0700

Every one of the boys in my family, including me, have Autisim.

Poll

Which Celeb Is Linked to Autism?

• Jenny McCarthy.
  • Sylvester Stallone.
  • David Gallagher.
  • All of the above.

Micro_a mic
Why does everyone love the underdog? The underdog usually gets tons of support from sports fans a...
Micro_april_micro
Every month has its fair share of holidays and special days of celebration and coming together fo...
Micro_autism_micro
April is Autism Awareness Month, which makes it the perfect time for you to get educated on this ...

Electric_Rainbow24
-paint your nails and toes a simple color. like pink , purple , blue , silver etc  -start wearing studded earrings and like simple necklaces. like a heart necklace or a star necklace. then work your way up to the hoops and stuff  -make up:  start off with the basics, like light color eye shadow (the browns, white, pinks, etc) not too bold colors on eyeshadow. mascara and liquid eye liner if you'd like. Youtube tutorials will help you  -hair:  make it curly. put rollers in your hair at night and add a little clip on ribbon or bow. just wear your hair down more often make it wavy. there are tips on youtube on how to make it wavy and curly.
GaaraOfTheSand
GaaraOfTheSand posted in Style:
I honestly don't know..... I have always been a geeky tomboy
LittleLowe
LittleLowe posted in Style:
I know how to change. I've seen people do this before. Here are some tips. #1: Start to wear dresses more often #2: Try  different types of hair styles ( or make up you're own) #3: Wear pink lipstick (if allowed by school rules) #4: Wear Pink clothes or  accessories ( like a bow or a skirt) #5: Smile more #6: Talk to boys or make more friends( be more social to others even if it's a boy) These are some tips I can give. Hope you enjoyed trying or reading this!!       Guess what, I am a tomboy!! Crazy right!  :o)
AlphaT
AlphaT posted in Style:
First off, I fail to see how makeup is girly. But, I mean, little things...what you wear, how you wear it, a purse, lip stuff and eye stuff maybe?
GaaraOfTheSand