Comments

Dear Dish-It: My Brother is Autistic

PSS asks: “I have an autistic brother. Are there ways to get him to be more comfortable about everything?” Back to Article

Disney_
Disney_ wrote:
2014-09-03 12:10:36 -0700

Awh /.\

HUNKERS
HUNKERS wrote:
2014-02-24 09:37:48 -0800

I have autism and I wasn't very social before my fam helped.

Tommy-loves-Trains
Tommy-loves-Trains wrote:
2014-01-11 05:24:40 -0800

Me and my brother have autism so we go to special schools

imagination44
imagination44 wrote:
2013-07-22 12:51:27 -0700

my heart goes out to people and their familes who have autism

*touch_the_Sky99*
*touch_the_Sky99* wrote:
2013-07-08 19:35:11 -0700

my little brother is autistic. there is no person i love more one this planet then him smile

DiamBars
DiamBars wrote:
2013-04-07 14:58:32 -0700

My older bro has autism too. It's sad, but he is special too!

Goddess.of.Mischief
Goddess.of.Mischief wrote:
2012-12-03 16:42:39 -0800

My older brother and cousin have autism. My 4-year old "boyfriend" and his older brother have it too. They are just the kindest things I'll ever know!

Goddess.of.Mischief
Goddess.of.Mischief wrote:
2012-12-03 16:41:06 -0800

They are. My brother is, My 4-year old "boyfriend" and his older brother are autistic. They're the sweetest things ever!

Kristy17
Kristy17 wrote:
2012-11-30 09:45:01 -0800

My bro refuses to sit with ppl.

R I S S A ;**♥
R I S S A ;**♥ wrote:
2012-11-20 17:09:12 -0800

My Broo Got Thiss Reaal Taalk , Buut He Sholl Got Somee Sensee To Knock Yoo Axx Ouut Lmaoo

rose52302
rose52302 wrote:
2012-11-06 16:21:10 -0800

When someone thinks diff than other people, or when someone well it's hard to explain...ask your mom or dadsmile

Blind Faith
Blind Faith wrote:
2012-11-06 16:19:18 -0800

...What's autism....?

Smart Panther
Smart Panther wrote:
2012-11-06 16:01:25 -0800

I think people with autism are sweetpeople

rose52302
rose52302 wrote:
2012-11-06 15:26:37 -0800

I love this!! you're a great sister to him! Remember to comfort him but don't treat him like a little kid. Let him do things on his own. like if you go to the same school, look for a kid that's his age and let them be friends. or, go to someone who works at the school and see if there's any other autistic kids that could be his friend!smile

Marbear21
Marbear21 wrote:
2012-10-27 11:37:43 -0700

I think people with autism are the sweetest people. One way to make him more comfortable is to make a game out of everything. Also just be with him a lot. What I found out is that most of the time all they need to feel comfortable is someone to be there who truly loves and cares for them.

purplezebra1235
purplezebra1235 wrote:
2012-09-12 13:25:29 -0700

My sister has autism

callmeyoyo23
callmeyoyo23 wrote:
2012-09-11 21:56:21 -0700

Poor you!

vanillacupcake454
vanillacupcake454 wrote:
2012-09-10 18:51:25 -0700

If i meet her brother i would have been his friend i wish i could be there for him

SunshineBeauty
SunshineBeauty wrote:
2012-09-10 18:34:09 -0700

My sister has mild autism...

AlphaT
AlphaT wrote:
2012-09-02 08:11:42 -0700

Every one of the boys in my family, including me, have Autisim.

Poll

Which Celeb Is Linked to Autism?

• Jenny McCarthy.
  • Sylvester Stallone.
  • David Gallagher.
  • All of the above.

Micro_a mic
Why does everyone love the underdog? The underdog usually gets tons of support from sports fans a...
Micro_april_micro
Every month has its fair share of holidays and special days of celebration and coming together fo...
Micro_autism_micro
April is Autism Awareness Month, which makes it the perfect time for you to get educated on this ...

GaaraOfTheSand
GaaraOfTheSand posted in Friends:
I Feel like I should paste this here  Always remember this: Someone out there loves you. May be here online or on the other side of the world but they would care that you died. Now please put down that knife/blade or rope or gun or anything and think "do you want things to get better" or "do you want the chance of things getting better to be eliminated. Now let your scars fade and remember these words "I care"
reply about 1 hour
scarlet177
scarlet177 posted in Friends:
According 2 me..... a perfect friend should be..... kind towards all, loving, funny, helping, and some times silly ( a friend shounldn't be ALWAYS serious!) friendly ( of course ), and..................... AWESOME!!!! :D !! I do have friend with all these qualities..... her name is ******  and she has ALL these qualities!!!!!!!! so she is AWESOME, COOL AND A PERFECT FRIEND!! :D :)
scarlet177
scarlet177 posted in Friends:
My BFF is awesome!!!!!!! I know that cuz, she is the only person whon can understand my feelings when my enemies or some other friends tease me badly or when those ppl be rude to me....... :(  . I can share all my secrets to her........ she is Awesome cuz, she is being herself . Her name is ****** ....... and she is my WORLD'S BEST FRIEND!!!!! :D
Alexis7343
Alexis7343 posted in Friends:
I think its really great you posted this, cause a lot of people need it. Adults don't notice children problems. When I was in 2ed grade i was bullied by teens that were like 16. Not only that, teachers can bully kids too. My mom always puts people who try to kill them selves down in awful ways. Every time she says that stuff I am very offended by it cause she knows I have emotional problems but she still like to dig into it. Someone who feels they need to kill themselves needs someone to trust and talk to. I'm so happy you posted this. Cause it is so true!
GaaraOfTheSand