Kw-halloween-logo-small

Comments

Dear Dish-It: My Brother is Autistic

PSS asks: “I have an autistic brother. Are there ways to get him to be more comfortable about everything?” Back to Article

Disney_
Disney_ wrote:
2014-09-03 12:10:36 -0700

Awh /.\

HUNKERS
HUNKERS wrote:
2014-02-24 09:37:48 -0800

I have autism and I wasn't very social before my fam helped.

Tommy-loves-Trains
Tommy-loves-Trains wrote:
2014-01-11 05:24:40 -0800

Me and my brother have autism so we go to special schools

imagination44
imagination44 wrote:
2013-07-22 12:51:27 -0700

my heart goes out to people and their familes who have autism

*touch_the_Sky99*
*touch_the_Sky99* wrote:
2013-07-08 19:35:11 -0700

my little brother is autistic. there is no person i love more one this planet then him smile

DiamBars
DiamBars wrote:
2013-04-07 14:58:32 -0700

My older bro has autism too. It's sad, but he is special too!

Goddess.of.Mischief
Goddess.of.Mischief wrote:
2012-12-03 16:42:39 -0800

My older brother and cousin have autism. My 4-year old "boyfriend" and his older brother have it too. They are just the kindest things I'll ever know!

Goddess.of.Mischief
Goddess.of.Mischief wrote:
2012-12-03 16:41:06 -0800

They are. My brother is, My 4-year old "boyfriend" and his older brother are autistic. They're the sweetest things ever!

Kristy17
Kristy17 wrote:
2012-11-30 09:45:01 -0800

My bro refuses to sit with ppl.

R I S S A ;**♥
R I S S A ;**♥ wrote:
2012-11-20 17:09:12 -0800

My Broo Got Thiss Reaal Taalk , Buut He Sholl Got Somee Sensee To Knock Yoo Axx Ouut Lmaoo

rose52302
rose52302 wrote:
2012-11-06 16:21:10 -0800

When someone thinks diff than other people, or when someone well it's hard to explain...ask your mom or dadsmile

Blind Faith
Blind Faith wrote:
2012-11-06 16:19:18 -0800

...What's autism....?

Smart Panther
Smart Panther wrote:
2012-11-06 16:01:25 -0800

I think people with autism are sweetpeople

rose52302
rose52302 wrote:
2012-11-06 15:26:37 -0800

I love this!! you're a great sister to him! Remember to comfort him but don't treat him like a little kid. Let him do things on his own. like if you go to the same school, look for a kid that's his age and let them be friends. or, go to someone who works at the school and see if there's any other autistic kids that could be his friend!smile

Marbear21
Marbear21 wrote:
2012-10-27 11:37:43 -0700

I think people with autism are the sweetest people. One way to make him more comfortable is to make a game out of everything. Also just be with him a lot. What I found out is that most of the time all they need to feel comfortable is someone to be there who truly loves and cares for them.

purplezebra1235
purplezebra1235 wrote:
2012-09-12 13:25:29 -0700

My sister has autism

callmeyoyo23
callmeyoyo23 wrote:
2012-09-11 21:56:21 -0700

Poor you!

vanillacupcake454
vanillacupcake454 wrote:
2012-09-10 18:51:25 -0700

If i meet her brother i would have been his friend i wish i could be there for him

SunshineBeauty
SunshineBeauty wrote:
2012-09-10 18:34:09 -0700

My sister has mild autism...

AlphaT
AlphaT wrote:
2012-09-02 08:11:42 -0700

Every one of the boys in my family, including me, have Autisim.

Poll

Which Celeb Is Linked to Autism?

• Jenny McCarthy.
  • Sylvester Stallone.
  • David Gallagher.
  • All of the above.

Micro_a mic
Why does everyone love the underdog? The underdog usually gets tons of support from sports fans a...
Micro_april_micro
Every month has its fair share of holidays and special days of celebration and coming together fo...
Micro_autism_micro
April is Autism Awareness Month, which makes it the perfect time for you to get educated on this ...

Wuwu2cute
Wuwu2cute posted in Style:
Jelly3
Jelly3 posted in Style:
Hi, I'm not really into fashion but I can tell you one thing. You can just dress normally, just the way you like! It doesn't matter whether you're a teenager or not. It's also really important to you feel comfortable in your clothes. Remember, your clothing won't define you! :D
Bonnie2
Bonnie2 posted in Style:
Okay, so my hair isn't the 'best'. I have 'West Indian' Hair (it's naturally curly) and I have to use loads of products to make it nice when I'm straightening my hair. It then dries and all the softness and grease has gone ( :-( ). That's the annoying part. I would like a few nice, easy hairstyles that will look nice with my West Indian hair (that's all spiky and spidery when it's been straightened) even if it's as simple as peeling an orange! Anything would help!
Wuwu2cute
Wuwu2cute posted in Style:
I am a teenage girl, so I'm either supposed to dress colorful or just fully goth. I want to dress grunge. Basically 90's street kinda. My mom gets mad at my cause she doesn't want me dressing all black, I told her that's not what grunge is. So, I am dressing pretty grunge, but I need ideas on hair styles and makeup for this style.
Wuwu2cute
Wuwu2cute posted in Friends:
Ok, so I have a Best Friend, I used to have 2, but one moved away and won't text me, and the other still "acts" like my best friend, but here is the problem. When I do stuff with other people, it offends her, when I don't reply to her text real quick, in her mind, im ignoring her. IT'S ALSO STARTING TO GET ANNOYING CAUSE SHE COPIES ME. She copied my halloween costume, i was gonna be a character off of american horror story. If i don't share my music with her, she says sharing is caring and she walks off.   Now I understand that this might be social and anxiety issues and she needs somebody to cling onto. But I'm just tired of trying. I need advice : (