Dear Dish-It: No Money for Mother’s Day
I love my mom with all my heart but I have no money so I can’t get her a really nice gift for Mother’s Day. I feel really bad; what can I do?
Sounds like you and your mom have a wonderful relationship – I’m sure that as long as she knows that you love and support her, she won’t care whether or not you can afford to buy her a fancy present for Mother’s Day.
Fab & Free
The best gift – your love – doesn’t cost anything. There are lots of other ways to show your mom how much you care without having to spend a cent:
- Make dinner for her one day – or even just a sweet treat for dessert!
- Offer to babysit your little brother or sister so that she can have the afternoon off.
- Make her a card that tells her how much you love and appreciate her.
- Cook breakfast in bed and surprise her with it on Mother’s Day.
- Clean your room – or even the whole house – without waiting for her to ask you to do it.
- Make a date to have a stay-at-home movie night – just you and her!
Have Your Say
Got any good advice for Broke Kid? Leave your comment below!