Comments

World Environment Day

World Environment Day is celebrated annually on June 5th and was created to inspire people around the globe to become active about the environment and learn more about ways they can help to ensure the future of our planet is safe. Find out more about World Environment Day! Back to Article

-Amazingness
-Amazingness wrote:
2014-06-05 23:55:02 -0700

Great article! smile

disney11
disney11 wrote:
2014-06-05 13:43:26 -0700

happy world enironment day

Zamia123
Zamia123 wrote:
2014-06-05 10:27:44 -0700

I'll celebrate it by picking up trash and I won't damage the apil by not kicking it around so the plants would grow

Zamia123
Zamia123 wrote:
2014-06-05 10:25:45 -0700

Have a nice day look on my profile everyone and Happy earth day

Jordan
admin
Jordan wrote:
2014-06-05 09:21:08 -0700

Happy World Environment Day!

JennyD

2013-06-05 12:35:43 -0700

cool and lovely

Jordan
admin
Jordan wrote:
2013-06-05 10:35:53 -0700

Happy World Environment Day!

DaniRover
DaniRover wrote:
2013-06-05 10:18:17 -0700

I love that pic of the Earth!!! So pretty!!!

Rhema J
Rhema J wrote:
2013-06-04 15:21:18 -0700

cool beans

Betzy123
Betzy123 wrote:
2013-06-04 14:00:39 -0700

I'll use less hairspray Big Grin

Jhappy
Jhappy wrote:
2013-06-04 06:50:03 -0700

My school supports this and has environment week.

rayjohn
rayjohn wrote:
2013-06-03 17:48:24 -0700

You enjoy to plant tress you can also save or environment!!oksmile

bella.253
bella.253 wrote:
2013-06-03 03:05:27 -0700

I'll plant a tree on my birthday and encourage others to do it.

bettyrose

Clawden5 wrote:
2013-06-02 06:16:05 -0700

I love the envirment

ruebear13
ruebear13 wrote:
2013-06-02 05:48:54 -0700

Help save the earth, and our future

Recycle-poll

How Do You Keep the Environment Clean?

• I recycle everything.
  • I don't litter and I pick up any trash lying around.
  • I walk, skateboard or ride my bike everywhere.
  • I reuse bags and plastic containers.

Micro_top 10 ways to recycle-micro
Learning to recycle and waste less is important for keeping our planet green. If you care about t...
Micro_soup kitchen-micro
Volunteering can be a great way to learn about the world, meet new people and help make a differe...
Micro_green_micro
There’s been a boom of natural and organic beauty products over the past few years that makes it ...
Micro_world-ocean-day-micro
June 8 is World Oceans Day in honor of our, magical, mysterious ocean! So much about our ocean is...

Random in the forums

Teh_Skittlez
Teh_Skittlez posted in Debating:
"Taidoku" wrote:it's wrong because society made it wrong how authoritarian
Boysrock50
Boysrock50 posted in General:
the junior mods and other debaters/regular forum posters
Teh_Skittlez
Teh_Skittlez posted in Debating:
"kingofdisaster_" wrote:I think they do. I feel like if I say they don't, they'll attack me. Well. They haven't attacked me yet.
Teh_Skittlez
Teh_Skittlez posted in Debating:
"AlphaT" wrote: "Teh_Skittlez" wrote: "AlphaT" wrote: "Teh_Skittlez" wrote: Ghosts require more explanation than they provide answers Elaborate? Are you saying that they require more effort than they can give back, or that they hold more mystery than knowledge? There's some phenomena that goes unexplained. But that's the important part, we don't have an explanation. By using ghosts as a solution, we are making unexplained assumptions, you're just displacing your lack of explanation onto the ghost, rather than the event itself. And that's the other part, I haven't heard any physics based woo-free explanation for a disembodied intelligence that lacks a physical body but manages to interact with the physical world. So, for me it's basic Occam's razor. The more complicated answer could be true, but until we have evidence to support the assumptions made it's best to go with the simpler hypotheses that operate within the framework we already have.      First off, I do not believe in ghosts. But, why does this entity have to be intelligent? Why can't be some type of unknown energetic remnant of a past life that's being harbored in a given location? Also, how is nothing simpler than a hypothesis? Admitting to not having an explanation is not a bad thing, especially when you don't have one. There's nothing wrong with saying you haven't been convinced of any particular hypothesis so far, and therefore it remains unexplained to you. You aren't saying it was nothing, you're saying you don't know what it was.  How would we measure this remnant energy of a past life? How many joules should we expect to see? The reason we presume cognizance is because people asserting hypotheses about ghosts often assume that these spirits interact with the world and possess some understanding of cause and effect.
ChickenGoPowPow