Liana Conway Q&A
It’s a beautiful day when gifted artists emerge from the woodwork. The talented 21-year-old singer/songwriter Liana Conway is just one of those artists. Her upbeat song “Beautiful Day” will be featured on her debut album Sunrise, set to release on June 19th. Find out more in her Kidzworld Q&A!
Liana Conway Courtesy of Liana Conway
Liana Conway's Album Sunrise Courtesy of Stonehall Entertainment
KW: What inspired you to become a singer/songwriter?
- Liana: Words! I am fascinated by how stringing words together, telling a story and putting them to music connects us to each other. There is nothing like hearing a song that immediately puts a smile on your face, brings you back to a memory, or reminds you that you're not alone.
KW: How would you describe your debut album, Sunrise?
- Liana: The same way I would describe myself - all over the place. It touches on an entire spectrum of experiences and emotions.
KW: Your song “Beautiful Day” has a Colbie Caillat meets Jack Johnson quality to it. What other artists would you compare your sound to?
- Liana: Michelle Branch and Carole King.
KW: Do your song lyrics tell a story about your life?
- Liana: All of them. I only ever write what I know, what I'm thinking, and what I've been through or am going through.
KW: Which is your favorite song on your album?
- Liana: That's a hard one because I have such a personal connection to each one. But my favorite one to sing and perform is "Naive."
KW: Which other artists do you look up to?
- Liana: Ryan Adams, The Beatles, Fleetwood Mac, Third Eye Blind, Ben Rector, and The Rolling Stones.
KW: Do you have any tours planned?
- Liana: Yes! A summer camp tour starting at the end of June and another tour this fall/winter.
KW: What do you most look forward to as your career as a singer/songwriter evolves?
- Liana: My favorite part of my career is traveling because it means I get to meet more people and make more friends. Swapping stories and learning from others is what makes what I do so gratifying and exciting. Especially when I meet fans!
KW: If you weren’t a singer/songwriter, what career would you pursue?
- Liana: I would love to be a therapist or an archeologist.
KW: Are you a morning person or an evening person?
- Liana: I'm definitely a night owl. I like to sleep late!
KW: What’s your guilty pleasure?
- Liana: I would eat Chinese food every day if I could.
KW: What’s your most embarrassing moment or habit?
- Liana: I sing when I'm grocery shopping...and I don't ever realize I'm doing it!
Liana Conway Fun Facts
Celebrity Crush: Channing Tatum
Siblings: Older sister named Andrea
Pets: A teacup poodle named Benji
Superpower of Choice: To heal the sick
Would Love to Travel To: Thailand
Favorite Movie: The Lion King
Favorite TV Show: Mad Men
Favorite Book: A book of poems by Rainer Maria Rilke
Favorite Song: "She is" by Ben Rector
Favorite Animal: Zebras!
Favorite Junkfood: Red Velvet Cake
Have Your Say
What do you think about "Beautiful Day" by Liana Conway? Tell us in our comment section below!