Tie-Dye Beach Towel
Beach weather is here and to enjoy the waves and sun you're going to want to bring a few things with you on your trip to the shore or even the pool: Beach bags, beach cover ups and, of course, a beach towel. This tie-dye craft is a great way to personalize your beach towel and make your lounge on the beach or at the pool that much brighter! And using spray fabric paint it's easy to make your towel so you have plenty of time to spend on the beach or poolside.
Make Your Own Tie-Dye Towel Courtesy of familycrafts.com
Spray on the Fabric Paint Courtesy of craftysisters-nc.blogspot.com
Make Any Design You Want! Courtesy of familycrafts.com
This method isn't the traditional tie-dye method, but it does give you similar looking results and it is quite a bit easier.
- Fabric Paint
- Spray bottles
- Contact paper
- Squirt a small amount of different colored fabric paint into each of your spray bottles. You can always add more later so start out with a little amount.
- Dilute the fabric paint with water until it is runny enough to travel through the spray bottle.
- Set up the work area you will be spraying in with newsprint and make sure to cover a big space. Might be best to do this outside.
- Trace shapes or letters onto your contact paper, whatever it is you want your towel to have on it.
- Cut out the shapes or letters from your contact paper, un-peel the paper and stick them on your towel.
- Spray designs with different colors onto your towel making sure to cover the contact paper with paint. *It's an excellent trick to start spraying off your towel and move onto it as the first spray will be darker than the later spray.
- When you've covered the towel with the tie-dye design you want, remove the sticky contact paper and there is your shape or message!
- Let the paint dry completely.
- Enjoy your new, unique towel!
Now that you have a new towel to use you will want to take good care of it. The fabric paint you have should have cleaning directions on the bottle and stick to those closely, because you don't want to lose all your creative, hard work in the wash!
Have Your Say
What will your towel have on it? Your name? A favorite saying? Your trademark doodle? Share it with us in the comments section below!