Pop starlet Camryn, the voice behind the soundtrack to last year’s hit summer flick Judy Moody and the NOT Bummer Summer, recently released her new summer single “Set the Night on Fire” and just finished touring with British boy band One Direction, but still had time to stop by Kidzworld and chat. Find out more in her Kidzworld Q&A!
KW: You just finished touring with One Direction, what was that like?
- Camryn: It was truly a once in a lifetime experience. I played for some of the biggest crowds and definitely some of the most dedicated. I was definitely way more nervous than I had ever been! But the fans were really accepting of me, and jumped up and down with me during "Set The Night On Fire". So it made it really easy to feel at home on such a large stage.
KW: Were you a 1D fan before? What is your favorite song of theirs?
- Camryn: Yes! I actually got to see them in concert when I was on my Back To School tour on the east coast. They are seriously some of the best performers I have gotten to see, and open for, in my life! My favorite song at the moment would have to be 'Up All Night.' So catchy & fun!
KW: Have you met the band? What are they like?
- Camryn: Yes! I got to meet them officially the day before my first show with them in Connecticut. They are really sweet and totally shy! Definitely not what I expected from what I have seen from them on stage!
KW: What is your favorite part of touring?
- Camryn: I love being able to meet so many amazing people from all over the world. On my Asia tour with Greyson Chance, it was great getting to meet some of the girls in Singapore and the Philippines that I had been talking to for the past year or so on Twitter. And it's always great getting to visit the east coast and see so many of my friends from twitter and family as well!
KW: What do you like most about being on stage?
- Camryn: I love the fan interaction. There's just something about the energy you feel from a crowd, and using that in your own performance that is unlike anything out there. Because when the fans start jumping to the song, it makes me jump around and dance 10 times harder!
KW: Do you ever get stage fright?
- Camryn: Yes! All the time. When I get up on stage and start my set I'm fine and it goes away.. but its the countdown before the music starts up is where I can feel my heart racing.
KW: You recently made your concert debut in Asia, what as that like?
- Camryn: It was amazing. I got to meet some awesome people out there. Some of which I had been talking to on Twitter for the past few years. And working with Greyson is always a blessing. He is such a talented kid, that it really inspires me when I'm out on the road with him to do new things with my music & performance. Not too mention the food was so good in each country!
KW: You produced songs last summer for the hit movie Judy Moody and the NOT Bummer Summer, what are you working on now?
- Camryn: Well I just debuted a new song on the One Direction tour called, 'Now or Never,' and after I finished the tour with One Direction I went back into the studio to work on a few new songs that are still in the works. But for now I'm still rocking to my second single 'Set The Night On Fire.'
KW: What is your new single “Set the Night on Fire” about?
- Camryn: It's about those moments when you are getting together with your friends before you go out & have fun. It's just about being young & enjoying it while it's still here & making memories that you will talk about years from now with your best friends & new friends.
KW: Who are some musical artists you look up to?
- Camryn: I really love Beyonce. I got to see her in concert a couple months ago and she is phenomenal. Not only can she sing her heart out, but she can dance while she's doing it and not miss a beat or note! Plus, she is a pretty amazing actress. She really inspired me to want to learn how to dance so I can follow more in her footsteps with my own music.
KW: What is the nicest thing a fan has ever said to you?
- Camryn: There are so many nice things fans have said & done for me! I really love meeting the fans after talking to them for so long on twitter. Because it's almost like catching up with a friend you haven't seen in a while. It really warms my heart & sometimes I want to cry when they tell me that I'm their inspiration. It's really something special knowing that not only have you made a friend that has touched your life, but you have the ability to touch theirs too.
- Animal: Dogs! I love my puppy Lulu!
- Book: Twilight
- Fruit: Apples
- Hobby: When I'm not singing.. Definitely playing drums or doing my nails with my friends!
Have Your Say
What is your favorite Camryn song? Let us know!