Rylie Behr Q&A
Actress Rylie Behr stars in the movie I Heart Shakey, all about a girl and her dad moving to the big city with their dog Shakey only to find that their prized pooch isn’t welcome in their new no-pets apartment. Find out more in Rylie’s Kidzworld Q&A.
Rylie has epilepsy
Chandler O' Neill has been Rylie's fave role so far.
I Heart Shakey is all about a girl, her dad and their beloved dog Shakey!
KW: How old are you and where are you from?
- Rylie: I’m 12 years old and I’m from Iowa.
KW: What made you want to become a performer?
- Rylie: Well I always play games where we’re different characters, I always enjoyed doing that so making it a career is something I always wanted to do and I’m pursuing my dream and I’m so happy!
KW: You have epilepsy, could you tell us a little about the condition? When were you diagnosed?
- Rylie: I was diagnosed at three years old, epilepsy knocks you out, I don’t know what it looks like because I black out but I know I can’t have a lot of caffeine and I have to stay hydrated, I can’t look at blinking lights and get a lot of rest.
KW: Were you ever worried that having epilepsy would hold you back from acting?
- Rylie: Sometimes i feel skeptical about it but it’s never affected me before so I’m just going to keep on pushing and hopefully it never does.
KW: What has been your favorite role so far?
- Rylie: Chandler O’ Neill probably.
KW: You’re in the new film I Heart Shakey, can you tell us what it’s about?
- Rylie: It’s about loyalty and sticking together as a family, but the main story is about a widower his daughter and their dog move to the big city for her dad to be a chef and they find out the place they’re moving into doesn’t allow pets so it’s a struggle to decide whether to keep their dog.
KW: How do you relate to your character (Chandler O’Neill) in I Heart Shakey?
- Rylie: I think we’re both strong and love our family so much.
KW: What was your favorite part of filming the movie?
- Rylie: I loved meeting everybody on set because they’re like family, seeing them at the premiere was great it was like a family reunion!
KW: Your siblings have appeared on screen with you before, what was that like?
- Rylie: Working with my siblings is great, they get to see me at work and i love seeing them on set, its just a reminder of how exciting it is.
KW: What is the best piece of advice you’ve received since starting out?
- Rylie: I had gone to an acting class once with the director of Grease and we watched this video with a teacher who gave the advice to “never be satisfied.”
Activity: Acting and Basketball
Have Your Say
Have you seen I Heart Shakey? Let us know in the comments section below.