How to Celebrate Friendship Day
International Friendship Day is right around the corner, will you throw a party for your posse or just hang ten with your best friend? Find out more about how to celebrate Friendship Day!
How and When?
International Friendship Day falls on the first Sunday of August and was invented by the founder of Hallmark, Joyce Hall, in 1919. It was later picked up by United Nations dignitaries, governments and activists promoting peace between countries, nations and races. It is celebrated all over the world – not even a border can separate true BFFs!
There’s no single way to celebrate Friendship Day, you can do anything from throwing a bash for your bestie or peacefully pass the time with your pals. Here some ideas for you and your crew to show you care about one another.
- Throw a surprise party for your BFF
- Have a BBQ with all your friends
- Make friendship bracelets and give them out
- Organize a picnic
- Go to the movies
- Are you crafty? Coerce your crew into getting their hands dirty making crafts
- Have a sleepover
- Organize a trip to the beach
- Write a letter or a make a card telling your friend how much they mean to you.
- Call up your friends and hit the park for a game of catch
- Get you and your friends involved in a charity that honors friendship and peace
- Make your friends cookies or cupcakes
- Reach out to someone who might need a friend, like a new kid in school
- Call up a friend you haven’t heard from in a while
- Have you wanted to apologize to a friend for something? Now is the perfect opportunity to mend fences.
Everyone agrees, friendships are some of the most important relationships and make pretty much everything in life a little more fun. In the words of Shakespeare: “A friend is one that knows you as you are, understands where you have been, accepts what you have become, and still, gently allows you to grow.”
So don’t miss this chance to tell your friends how much they mean to you!
Get in the spirit by cheking out one the ultimate friend songs below, "Lean on Me"!
Have Your Say
Will you celebrate Friendship Day? Let us know in the comments section below.