Comments

Shark Fun Facts!

The Discovery Channel is set to kick off its famous Shark Week - a fun-filled seven days of summer featuring non-stop shark shows! These prehistoric predators have a reputation for ruling the deep sea, but more than ever their existence is under threat by humans invading their habitats. Start Shark Week off by learning more about these fascinating fish in Kidzworld’s Shark Fun Facts! Back to Article

Israa
Israa wrote:
2014-07-11 07:05:23 -0700

all the sharks are amazing but they are scary
i did not know these information thanks Big Grin

Jennifer24
Jennifer24 wrote:
2014-01-12 08:25:07 -0800

My Fav Shark Is The Great White Sharks I Think Tht They Are The Coolest But I'm Afraid Of Them!

wolfiegal
wolfiegal wrote:
2013-12-15 10:30:13 -0800

sharks :3

fuzzfuzz23
fuzzfuzz23 wrote:
2013-11-02 08:58:19 -0700

i am too

Heartangel123
Heartangel123 wrote:
2013-10-14 23:40:29 -0700

WOW! I'm really scared of sharks.
How can I over come on of my greatest fears!?!

Big Grin

JennyD
JennyD wrote:
2013-08-06 10:35:30 -0700

sharks

Un-thinkableImaginary:3
Un-thinkableImaginary:3 wrote:
2013-07-20 12:24:15 -0700

I will always be afraid of sharks no matter what

hugebear
junior mod
hugebear wrote:
2013-07-20 09:06:51 -0700

I didnt know most of this either

lynners
lynners wrote:
2013-07-19 07:34:48 -0700

there were a few good facts

tomboy456
tomboy456 wrote:
2013-05-23 17:49:57 -0700

I LOVE3 GREAT WHITE SHARKS ONE SMILING IS EVEN MY DESK TOP PIC I THINK THEY ARE ADORIBLE AND AMAZING AND VERY INTERESTING

goldenstorm_2462856
goldenstorm_2462856 wrote:
2013-05-09 14:29:48 -0700

cool !! i did not know most of those facts

Optic Ninja 43
Optic Ninja 43 wrote:
2013-04-30 13:20:11 -0700

I did not know most Of these Facts in which I learned some facts of the Shark

lovefamily101
lovefamily101 wrote:
2013-04-27 23:19:55 -0700

cool facts did not know that sharks can hear fish that far of a distance Blush

tsuki1997

2013-03-05 11:16:00 -0800

How extraordinary.

fabchic101
fabchic101 wrote:
2013-02-14 15:22:50 -0800

i hate sharks Asleep

Is it OK to Kill Sharks Just for Their Fins?

• Yeah, shark fins are tastey.
  • No, people should eat the whole shark if they're going to kill them.
  • No, I'm veggie. I don't think people should eat any animals.
  • I don't know.

Micro_great-white-shark-micro
Our planet is filled with amazing animals and cool critters. Take the ocean. There are so many th...
The Great Barrier Reef is home to thousands of species and is so big you can see it from space! H...
Sharks are scary creatures that we need to get rid of, right? Wrong. Sharks are totally important...
Fish are one of the hardest animals to keep track of. They migrate from streams to rivers to the ...

Random in the forums

jiansapphire
ONE DIRECTION !! :D
heyitsalex
mY bestie  angel (heyitsangel) shes the only friend i got friend her shes awsome epic amazeing bright faithfull hopefull careing loving best thing i got to be best friends with her :) :) :) ♡♥♡ anngel  your always gonna be my bff right? :)(:
BuzzJuzz
BuzzJuzz posted in Electronics:
Our whole life depends on electronics. Without living with them is now like living without drinking water which is absolutely impossible.
reply about 1 hour
AlphaT
AlphaT posted in Electronics:
"-Karpov-" wrote: "AlphaT" wrote: you know that we could throw studies at each other all day. Good luck, considering the consensus of those doctors and psychologists is against you.  "AlphaT" wrote: Lots of people who spend large amounts of time on The Internet do so to escape social anxiety. That is why MANY people who feel like social outcasts, or are anxious in a social setting, resort to social networking. You're saying that people who don't socialize / don't want to socialize / can't socialize have found a way where they can comfortably socialize with others through social networking and somehow that is a bad thing. Truly these are the end times I'm just going to post this and then not reply to you again because I already know how it would go.   You have given me two individual people in the first study, and five in the second. I'm not following how this is a consensus of anything. The HomeNet 1 study was inconclusive, it didn't exactly account for the people's different uses for Internet use. HomeNet 2 even validates my claim. They found that heavier internet use leads to a decline in face to face social interaction. But again, this test was before Internet networking became what it is today, along with every single study you have mentioned. I have found some good studies out there, but not anything that I wouldn't have to pay 30 bucks for or whatever. I never said that The Internet makes people lonely, I stated that the Internet is where lonely people go to find false solace. And that, is unhealthy. I'm just going to post this and then not reply to you again because I already know how it would go. OMG You're a psychic? What's my future?
reply about 1 hour
-Karpov-
-Karpov- posted in Electronics:
"AlphaT" wrote:you know that we could throw studies at each other all day. Good luck, considering the consensus of those doctors and psychologists is against you.  "AlphaT" wrote:Lots of people who spend large amounts of time on The Internet do so to escape social anxiety. That is why MANY people who feel like social outcasts, or are anxious in a social setting, resort to social networking. You're saying that people who don't socialize / don't want to socialize / can't socialize have found a way where they can comfortably socialize with others through social networking and somehow that is a bad thing. Truly these are the end times I'm just going to post this and then not reply to you again because I already know how it would go. People are not passively affected by technology, but actively shape its use and influence (Fischer 1992, Hughes & Hans 2001). The Internet has unique, even transformational qualities as a communication channel, including relative anonymity and the ability to easily link with others who have similar interests, values, and beliefs. Research has found that the relative anonymity aspect encourages self-expression, and the relative absence of physical and nonverbal interaction cues (e.g., attractiveness) facilitates the formation of relationships on other, deeper bases such as shared values and beliefs. At the same time, however, these “limited bandwidth” features of Internet communication also tend to leave a lot unsaid and unspecified, and open to inference and interpretation. Not surprisingly, then, one’s own desires and goals regarding the people with whom one interacts have been found to make a dramatic difference in the assumptions and attributions one makes within that informational void. Despite past media headlines to the contrary, the Internet does not make its users depressed or lonely, and it does not seem to be a threat to community life---quite the opposite, in fact. If anything, the Internet, mainly through #-####, has facilitated communication and thus close ties between family and friends, especially those too far away to visit in person on a regular basis. The Internet can be fertile territory for the information of new relationships as well, especially those based on shared values and interests as opposed to attractiveness and physical appearance as is the norm in the off-line world (see Hatfield & Sprecher 1986). And in any event, when these Internet-formed relationships get close enough (i.e., when sufficient trust has been established), people tend to bring them into their "real world"---that is, the traditional face-to-face and telephone interaction sphere. This means nearly all of the typical person's close friends will be in touch with them in "real life"---on the phone or in person--- and not so much over the Internet, which gives the lie to the media stereotype of the Internet as drawing people away from their "real-life" friends.