How to Personalize Your School Supplies
Summer is coming to a close and though you may not want to see the summer go, at least you can console yourself by decorating your school supplies. Ok, maybe not the best consolation for the end of summer, but nonetheless, personalizing your school supplies is a fun activity to gear up for your first day of classes.
Apple Stamp Your School Supplies Courtesy of craftberrybush.com
Cover Your Books to Decorate and Protect Them Courtesy of marthstewart.com
Hopefully the Book Monsters Won't Eat your Book! Courtesy of www.tallystreasury.com
Apple Stamp Book Covers:
If you still have some of your old textbooks kicking around you’ll have living proof of how beat up your books can get at the end of the year. Juice spilled all along the edges, gum between the pages, messy stuff. Book covers are a great way to keep your books tidy. And apple stamping the construction paper you wrap them in will guarantee that you’re ready for the school year, also it looks cool.
- Construction paper: a piece big enough to wrap your book in
- First you’ll need to stamp the paper. So, cut your apple in half and dip it in a tray of paint, the color is your choice.
- Stamp your paper however you like. Add any other decorations you might want to add: paint in the stem of the apple, a study worm, a dinosaur, whatever you like. Let the paper dry completely.
- When the paper is dry, open your book on the underside of the paper, meaning the non-painted side.
- Cut the paper so that there is about a 5 inch border around the book.
- Fold the paper around the covers’ corners. Tape them down to the inside of the book.
- Cut the paper so that it lays flush against the spine of the book. You can’t fold the paper to the cover here because of the pages.
- Tape any loose pieces of paper to the cover, just to secure the entire thing.
- Feel free to put your book through the worst!
It’s always a good idea to mark where you left off in your book and bookmarks are simple wonderful ways to do just that and also decorate your book. These little bookmarks are perfect for your new school year, though hopefully the little monsters won’t eat away at your page!
- Decorative paper or colored pens
- Black and white paper
- Cut the corner of the envelope at a diagonal. You should have a diamond shape that will cap the corner of the page.
- Cut two triangles of your decorative paper to put on the diamond triangle shape. This will make the face and when you glue it should have a gap along the center of the diamond. You can also draw on the envelope diamond to make the face.
- Using the white paper, cut out eyes and jagged teeth. Glue the eyes on the top triangle of the diamond and glue the teeth so that they stick out from under the pocket of the envelope.
- Cut out black circles for the pupils of the eyes and glue those on. Any other decorations can be added now: glitter, sequins, etc.
- Mark your page with your book monster!
Have Your Say
Do you have a favorite school supply? What is it? Share your comments in the comment’s section below!