Kendall Schmidt of BTR Q&A
The boys of Big Time Rush have been busy touring across Canada this past month, but Kendall Schmidt still had time to chat to KW. Find out more in our Kendall Schmidt Q&A!
KW: You just played a show in Montreal, what did you think of your fans in Montreal?
- Kendall: I was blown away by the Canadian bands and it was kind of cool since we don’t speak much French at all, so it was really different.
KW: We all know on the show you play characters named after yourself, what is the main difference between Kendall on the show and Kendall in real life, and what is like having an alter ego?
- Kendall: It’s really interesting, you know the show is completely fictional but there is us in those characters, I’m a little more laid back than Kendall on the show.
KW: Your story is kind of like a fairytale, what kind of advice do you have for other people who want that kind of success?
- Kendall: For me professionally, all 4 us had different situations, I grew up acting and music came later into my life and I had probably been to 4000 auditions before I hit Big Time Rush, and once I got that my whole life changed but I just think work hard and your life can change.
KW: You are 4 guys in the same group, how do you get along? What is the best quality of the group?
- Kendall: I think the great thing we have is that we are all passionate about what we’re doing, and our performances really show heart.
KW: How do you have a normal life being young and famous?
- Kendall: I get up every morning and shower and brush my teeth, I don’t feel or act that different than I did before.
KW: How involved did you guys get in the writing of the upcoming album?
- Kendall: The last one we were writing and collaborating and getting as much of ourselves in the songs as possible, we have lots of involvement and hopefully the third album will show that.
KW: What characteristics do you think people need for success in this business?
- Kendall: One if you’re talking about singing there are a lot of great singers in the world, and I think if anything people who are famous are more than just good singers, they have to do something different and have a concept of who they are.
KW: What is the most important thing you’ve learned since starting out in the band
- Kendall: I have learned a lot of really cool stuff, but for me having the opportunity to go on vacation, learn how to board, I’ve learned how to keep a crowd entertained and how to keep people happy.
KW: How do you see the band growing in the future?
- Kendall: I think a lot of our young fans watch the TV show so things will happen there and obviously the music will evolve.
Have Your Say
Have you ever seen Big Time Rush in concert? Let us know in the comments section below.