Comments

Dear Dish-It: My Mom Wants Me To Diet

Unhappy asks: Recently, my mom has decided that I need to go on a diet. She is always telling me to stop eating so much rubbish and to get more exercise. I'm not overweight, but I've taken a real hit on my self confidence and I can't help comparing myself to my mates who are really skinny. What can I do? Back to Article

lottalove
lottalove wrote:
2012-11-23 22:48:24 -0800

No 1 pressures me to do anything they think I'm perfect just the way I am (not true) but I think everyone has their own flaws including me.

saffrey
saffrey wrote:
2012-11-23 17:04:11 -0800

my mom said i needed to eat more healthily but i guess it
escalated until i did some pretty bad stuff. Find a food you
love, i love whole carrots. If you still have room to grow
you might get skinnier if you don't put on weight. At least
you only have your mom telling you that you need to diet, i
haven't hit my teens and my whole family (apart from my
dad) seems to take pleasure in calling me a fatso. Going
outside and crying also really helps.

allybug1012
allybug1012 wrote:
2012-11-16 06:35:25 -0800

well. when i was living with my grandma & my dad & my mom. my grandma thought that i should eat more "healthier" foods. but i didn't. here is some advice i can give you. just eat an apple a day or something.. something healthy then you can snack on junk. no! i am not saying go to your pantry & get all your junk food i am just saying eat something healthy once a day it won't hurt you. bye

genii
genii wrote:
2012-11-06 09:50:47 -0800

my grandma does this to me :o

magsrock1023
magsrock1023 wrote:
2012-11-05 16:06:57 -0800

dont diet if you dont want to and dont become anporexic

girlathome
girlathome wrote:
2012-11-04 16:54:57 -0800

my mom tells me the same thing. but no matter what, you should always listen to your mom, she is usually right!

royaltyrulz
royaltyrulz wrote:
2012-10-25 18:11:10 -0700

My dad does this to me. You got the good life. Frown Nose

singer360
singer360 wrote:
2012-10-19 14:09:48 -0700

First don't try to compare you to others like that it makes it worse. Second, tell your mom that you do not need a diet all you need is fruits and vegtables in every meal. Like just throw in something healthy in a meal

soccsing
soccsing wrote:
2012-10-17 17:01:48 -0700

I actually think about that problem a lot. I hope it doesn't happen to me. I don't like that kind of stuff

mindless behavior bady
mindless behavior bady wrote:
2012-10-15 15:20:47 -0700

She problem just play I believe that I don't no

liljasmine77
liljasmine77 wrote:
2012-10-15 15:14:16 -0700

my mom is doing the same thing to me well my friends at school and my brothers but not my mom what made me lose waight is jogging running puch ups and just watching what i eat and how much i eat smile

taytay35baby
taytay35baby wrote:
2012-10-15 14:50:56 -0700

If Ur Mom Want U To Diet She Just Trying To Make Sure Ur Health Cause To Much Food Is A Bad Thing She Just Wants The Best For U

acejunior
acejunior wrote:
2012-10-14 19:38:30 -0700

dont lisen to people dont diet if you dont munt to by your pic it looks like you dont need to

Lady Raine
Lady Raine wrote:
2012-10-14 19:09:07 -0700

u know what? just diet then..

⋆Never Prejudiced⋆
⋆Never Prejudiced⋆ wrote:
2012-10-14 12:08:00 -0700

I know how she feels. My mom put me on a diet that I began one month ago, and I've only lost around 2 kilos. Frustrated It's really hard because you start craving the stuff you usually eat.

Love+peace+country
Love+peace+country wrote:
2012-10-14 11:41:52 -0700

im sOOOOO SKINNY

Awesome Ninja Chick
Awesome Ninja Chick wrote:
2012-10-13 19:15:17 -0700

I am really skinny guys ok! i am a twig lol it doesn't matter how much you weigh :P everyone is awesome in their own way

americangirllover888
americangirllover888 wrote:
2012-10-12 13:12:42 -0700

My brother is super skinny...p

pele50
pele50 wrote:
2012-10-12 12:28:58 -0700

You can eat crisp it has patatoes

HeyThereImJames_1559767
HeyThereImJames_1559767 wrote:
2012-10-12 11:54:39 -0700

Exactly, thanks Mia.

Poll

What Keeps the Doctor Away?

• A scary mask.
  • An apple a day.
  • A bag of potato chips.
  • A note from your mom.

Micro_deardish-bingeeating-micro
Food Machine asks: Lately, I can’t stop eating. When I wake up in the morning, food is the first ...
Micro_vegetarian-micro
There are many ethical, cultural, spiritual and health-related reasons why you or people you know...
Micro_obesity_micro
Childhood obesity is a BIG problem. It can cause serious physical and mental health issues includ...
Micro_a micro
Losing weight is probably the trickiest trick in the book. It is so tricky because all of us are ...

Kirsteeeeen
Kirsteeeeen posted in Friends:
Talk to him about it and ask why.
Kirsteeeeen
Kirsteeeeen posted in Friends:
Just say the things you would normally say and be yourself.
Kirsteeeeen
Kirsteeeeen posted in Friends:
Tell her to try talking to them and asking why they're ignoring her? There's not really enough information to go on.
Vinylscratchstwin
My perfect friend would be: Funny nice easy going quirky playful loyal fast and...... Loves music as much as i do!!
katerine46
katerine46 posted in Friends:
the perfect friend would support you and give you advises if you need help they would stay by your side through everything. a friend wouldn't be jealous of what you have and what you wear. a friend would love you for who you are a friend would not judge you and most of all they would make you feel like you are worth something