Comments

Teen Read Week

On October 17, YALSA is celebrating Teen Read Week 2012 with a Tweet-a-thon. Find out how you can join the conversation. Back to Article

Bihas_Book
Bihas_Book wrote:
2013-10-19 10:41:04 -0700

Me too, I love any kind of books! You know that saying "a reader lives a thousand lives... I wonder if I have reached my limit Big Grin

Starness_pop
Starness_pop wrote:
2013-10-18 20:21:04 -0700

I love books Blush

21inkiepielover
21inkiepielover wrote:
2013-07-14 18:11:36 -0700

I luv werewolf books!

princess subrina
princess subrina wrote:
2013-07-14 18:04:37 -0700

yes i will i love to read i am a readphoniac

Aarjan

Ohaidere wrote:
2012-10-17 15:51:42 -0700

Z0MG it starts today!

im acool girl
im acool girl wrote:
2012-10-17 14:28:05 -0700

cool i hate to read unless itscool

hellokitty88
hellokitty88 wrote:
2012-10-17 13:56:09 -0700

yes i would love teen read week

zoofree

boo-boo299 wrote:
2012-10-16 03:44:55 -0700

Reading is awsome!

PurpleZebra2000
PurpleZebra2000 wrote:
2012-10-15 20:27:34 -0700

I love reading. It is one of my top 5 favorite hobbies. Super duper extremely really really fun.

mainmuffin
mainmuffin wrote:
2012-10-15 17:37:06 -0700

Um, Crushgirl? Maybe say that on forums or in someones comments. Thankz youz. :3

Hungergames

What's your favorite topic in sci-fi books?

• Dystopias (new corrupt societies, such as The Hunger Games)
  • Post-apocalyptic (end of the world novels, such as The Forest of Hands and Teeth)
  • Epidemics (outbreaks of disease, such as The Scorch Trials)
  • Aliens and Other Planets (such as The Knife of Never Letting Go)

Micro_top10summerbeachreads-micro
There’s nothing like hitting the sandy beach with a cute bikini, a bottle of sunscreen and an awe...
Micro_top10teenbooks-micro
No matter what type of books you love, there’s something for you this holiday season. Check out K...
You’re halfway through summer and all the way through your reading list – check out the top 10 te...
Check out Kidzworld's list of awesome books about orphans!

Random in the forums

Teh_Skittlez
Teh_Skittlez posted in Debating:
"american_brit" wrote: "Pokemaster235" wrote: YES! WE women have been neglected for too long!!! I wouldn't necessarily say that. The fight for women's rights has gone on and those for feminist  rights seem to have won. Sure, there is no way to fully promote equal rights, but when it comes to women's place in society -at least in places such as the United States and European countries and in many other regions- it's been on a more leveled playing field with men.  So here? Here where I am? I'm satisfied. I don't believe that women's rights have been neglected. In some ways, they're held above those of men. But out there? Beyond the borders of my "humble" dwelling, there are some problems. Women are abused and seen as lesser. (I'm trying to put this in nicer terms. I don't think it's working... :/)  I think we need to work on fixing those, instead of complaining about how we're deprived as our rights. Because honestly? We have no idea how bad it is.  Sorry,  I went on a mini tangent.  I think your tangent was very good. You seem to have a pretty solid grasp of the situation, and you also are capable of expressing it well. Great post, great job.
reply about 1 hour
KittehFace
KittehFace posted in Debating:
Why do you think that drama shouldn't stop? Don't you come in the chat room clueless about what's going on, the only fact you know currently is that drama is going on? Hmm....odd opinion, I think it should stop because most of the drama that happens on here is just petty and pathetic.
reply about 1 hour
american_brit
american_brit posted in Debating:
"catseli" wrote:I think that people should respect other people who are wiser than you. For example a 10 year old should respect a 11 year old but that 10 year old has to respect a grandpa because the grandpa is smarter and wiser than the 10 year old. I don't believe respect should be based off of level of intelligence or wisdom.  Also, age doesn't play a factor in how "smart" a person is. It does affect how much experience someone may have in the world though, thus more knowledge gained... (: But knowledge is not equivalent to sagacity. Honestly, I'm not sure if this makes any sense. I'm tired and I'm going to be going to bed soon. I'll have to check this out later. Thanks! Goodnight!
reply about 1 hour
american_brit
american_brit posted in Debating:
"AlphaT" wrote:Yes, but not the kind of respect you are thinking of. A 10 year old should respect a 30 year old in a way of authority, but a 10 year old should respect an 11 year old in a way of respecting a peer. (Sometimes I find technology really irritating :annoyed. Like now. Here goes my third attempt of posting. Yay...) Agreed. Not to say that a 30 year old deserves more respect, but it should be displayed differently. The ways I respect my mom and my two year old neighbor, for example, are both distinct -but it's respect all the same. Everyone deserves respect (Gosh I feel redundant), but is should be presented in a way that's unique to the individual.
reply about 1 hour
american_brit
american_brit posted in Debating:
"Pokemaster235" wrote:YES! WE women have been neglected for too long!!! I wouldn't necessarily say that. The fight for women's rights has gone on and those for feminist  rights seem to have won. Sure, there is no way to fully promote equal rights, but when it comes to women's place in society -at least in places such as the United States and European countries and in many other regions- it's been on a more leveled playing field with men.  So here? Here where I am? I'm satisfied. I don't believe that women's rights have been neglected. In some ways, they're held above those of men. But out there? Beyond the borders of my "humble" dwelling, there are some problems. Women are abused and seen as lesser. (I'm trying to put this in nicer terms. I don't think it's working... :/)  I think we need to work on fixing those, instead of complaining about how we're deprived as our rights. Because honestly? We have no idea how bad it is.  Sorry,  I went on a mini tangent.