Comments

DIY: Day of the Dead Altar

While Halloween is a time to scare people with ghosts and the dead, the Day of the Dead is a time to celebrate ghosts and the dead. A traditional Mexican holiday, Día de los Muertos is a time to honor the souls of the deceased. Back to Article

anawesomeguy
anawesomeguy wrote:
2013-11-01 19:46:23 -0700

there is a bread i tried it and it was pretty good

JennyD
JennyD wrote:
2013-11-01 19:42:28 -0700

My brother got free food from it

pricetag
pricetag wrote:
2013-11-01 14:54:22 -0700

I got extra credit, because i made my face as a calavera today. (:-

Midapops
Midapops wrote:
2013-11-01 13:33:37 -0700

Lalallaaaaa

rayjohn
rayjohn wrote:
2013-11-01 08:48:36 -0700

Pray for their spirits

candycrush75
candycrush75 wrote:
2013-09-05 17:13:01 -0700

I'm not going to celebrate it because I don't have anyone to do it for! I might.....once someone dies!

JennyD
JennyD wrote:
2013-09-05 15:29:11 -0700

i'm awesome and notmexsic

jjz98
jjz98 wrote:
2013-09-05 14:59:34 -0700

Cool

colleenaw
colleenaw wrote:
2013-09-05 14:59:08 -0700

I've never celebrated it but this looks kinda awesome. I'm going to read up on the celebration some more.

chipcheese1
chipcheese1 wrote:
2013-06-06 17:19:41 -0700

im half mexican, hard to see it though, but im proud

whateversaysjaden
whateversaysjaden wrote:
2012-11-09 09:09:16 -0800

well im na in mexico whats the deal

iamfromdahood
iamfromdahood wrote:
2012-11-04 14:07:49 -0800

I Celebrate Day Of The Deaad. Im Half Mexicann Soo...

ilove2hunt
ilove2hunt wrote:
2012-11-01 18:23:54 -0700

I proud to be mexican

Lilchile
Lilchile wrote:
2012-11-01 17:08:25 -0700

I love day of the dead cause im Mexican

kep7hk
kep7hk wrote:
2012-11-01 17:08:04 -0700

I like deth...well...I want to go to the Day of the daed thigf..

⋆Never Prejudiced⋆
⋆Never Prejudiced⋆ wrote:
2012-11-01 14:45:21 -0700

In my school in Mexico we did a dance for our deceased ones. It was partially embarrassing for me since I was in a dress, but everything else was great.

Though, I still miss my great-grandfather.

Dizzy-Lou
Dizzy-Lou wrote:
2012-11-01 13:57:40 -0700

I dressed up as a person who celebrates "Day of the Dead" for Halloween!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Vampire

Nost
Nost wrote:
2012-11-01 12:05:24 -0700

Little culture dosage. In ancient Tenochtitlan, It's supposed that the ancient would come from the Mictlán, Tlalocan and Tonatiuhichan to visit their beloved.

When the Spanish conquered the land,in order to make the population catholic, they combined multiple celebrations, including the day of the dead, making it a catholic celebration.

Poll_dayofthedead

Where is the Day of the Dead celebrated?

• It’s no longer celebrated
  • All of Latin America
  • Mexico and Spain
  • Southern Mexico

Hispanic culture is about a heck of a lot more than tacos. Check out the 411 on this vibrant comm...
Micro_hispanic-micro
Want action? Head to the famous cliffs in La Quebrada, Mexico and watch divers jump from suicidal...
Head to the famous cliffs in La Quebrada, Mexico and watch divers jump into what looks like just ...

Random in the forums

Mizzcalum
Mizzcalum posted in Debating:
I would be Venassa
MissD
MissD posted in New Users:
You know what, I have asked a lot, like A LOT of people - every person I have ever interviewed these three questions and you are the first person that answered the question about going back in time - so levelheadedly! (is that even a word??!) What a grounded answer.  love the answers above you too as I think it's a cool way to describe giving advice as we can all use the wisdom of others as perpetual learners but still - very cool answer. I think if you feel drawn towards a helping profession and that is the very best thing for you. Dream big now and you will always have universal help to get to your goal!
MissD
MissD posted in New Users:
Welcome to kidzworld! :D You sound like a really interesting person! ^^ As Kirten said, kw is one of the best places on the internet and..it's just amazing. :'D I'm Sahithi, but you can call me Jelly, as that's what I'm called on kw. :D I joined kw in March 2013, and I'm really glad I did. :')  My answers for the questions you asked :D - 1) Reading. Reading books moves me the most, I really, really like reading. :)  2) Um, I'd tell myself to be more confident, helpful and open minded. 3)  I'm trustworthy. You can definitely trust me. :)  And hey, Deanna, you never answered these three questions yourself. ;D  Yay! Love your answers!! Great job and you are right, so I shall later on tonight :D
rayjohn
rayjohn posted in General:
7:36 here
Love-Yah-Boo
Don't have one. I mainly just use my computer. :)