Comments

DIY: Day of the Dead Altar

While Halloween is a time to scare people with ghosts and the dead, the Day of the Dead is a time to celebrate ghosts and the dead. A traditional Mexican holiday, Día de los Muertos is a time to honor the souls of the deceased. Back to Article

anawesomeguy
anawesomeguy wrote:
2013-11-01 19:46:23 -0700

there is a bread i tried it and it was pretty good

JennyD
JennyD wrote:
2013-11-01 19:42:28 -0700

My brother got free food from it

pricetag
pricetag wrote:
2013-11-01 14:54:22 -0700

I got extra credit, because i made my face as a calavera today. (:-

Midapops
Midapops wrote:
2013-11-01 13:33:37 -0700

Lalallaaaaa

rayjohn
rayjohn wrote:
2013-11-01 08:48:36 -0700

Pray for their spirits

candycrush75
candycrush75 wrote:
2013-09-05 17:13:01 -0700

I'm not going to celebrate it because I don't have anyone to do it for! I might.....once someone dies!

JennyD
JennyD wrote:
2013-09-05 15:29:11 -0700

i'm awesome and notmexsic

jjz98
jjz98 wrote:
2013-09-05 14:59:34 -0700

Cool

colleenaw
colleenaw wrote:
2013-09-05 14:59:08 -0700

I've never celebrated it but this looks kinda awesome. I'm going to read up on the celebration some more.

chipcheese1
chipcheese1 wrote:
2013-06-06 17:19:41 -0700

im half mexican, hard to see it though, but im proud

whateversaysjaden
whateversaysjaden wrote:
2012-11-09 09:09:16 -0800

well im na in mexico whats the deal

iamfromdahood
iamfromdahood wrote:
2012-11-04 14:07:49 -0800

I Celebrate Day Of The Deaad. Im Half Mexicann Soo...

ilove2hunt
ilove2hunt wrote:
2012-11-01 18:23:54 -0700

I proud to be mexican

Lilchile
Lilchile wrote:
2012-11-01 17:08:25 -0700

I love day of the dead cause im Mexican

kep7hk
kep7hk wrote:
2012-11-01 17:08:04 -0700

I like deth...well...I want to go to the Day of the daed thigf..

⋆Never Prejudiced⋆
⋆Never Prejudiced⋆ wrote:
2012-11-01 14:45:21 -0700

In my school in Mexico we did a dance for our deceased ones. It was partially embarrassing for me since I was in a dress, but everything else was great.

Though, I still miss my great-grandfather.

Dizzy-Lou
Dizzy-Lou wrote:
2012-11-01 13:57:40 -0700

I dressed up as a person who celebrates "Day of the Dead" for Halloween!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Vampire

Nost
Nost wrote:
2012-11-01 12:05:24 -0700

Little culture dosage. In ancient Tenochtitlan, It's supposed that the ancient would come from the Mictlán, Tlalocan and Tonatiuhichan to visit their beloved.

When the Spanish conquered the land,in order to make the population catholic, they combined multiple celebrations, including the day of the dead, making it a catholic celebration.

Poll_dayofthedead

Where is the Day of the Dead celebrated?

• It’s no longer celebrated
  • All of Latin America
  • Mexico and Spain
  • Southern Mexico

Hispanic culture is about a heck of a lot more than tacos. Check out the 411 on this vibrant comm...
Micro_hispanic-micro
Want action? Head to the famous cliffs in La Quebrada, Mexico and watch divers jump from suicidal...
Head to the famous cliffs in La Quebrada, Mexico and watch divers jump into what looks like just ...

Random in the forums

Bakkabooka
Bakkabooka posted in Debating:
"Bakkabooka" wrote:i believe that christ will come and....i forgot    and some bad stuff will happen to the bad peeps but not hell The end
Bakkabooka
Bakkabooka posted in Debating:
i believe that christ will come and....i forgot
LAZY778
LAZY778 posted in Debating:
"Ellamy" wrote: I'm going to answer logically and scientifically here : as we all know, the earth was a natural disaster, which means, it wasn't supposed to been made. The Sun rotates around the Earth. Our Sun burns, that's why we see in the pictures, from the satellite "Hubble" the Sun is burning little by little. In a about proximally two million years the Earth will be gone. Scientists say that they're positive that the world will end but, not in a very,very,very long time. What I mean is that the world is going to end naturally, or in it's own way of course. As we all know the Earth rotates 24 hours, although: 1- the world is going to end naturally, unless us humans do anything to damage it (contamination, explosions...)  2- you will die before the world ends, don't worry ;)    Well in case you haven't noticed but we are destroying our world where did you get your information that is probably how it would have happened.But look around  look at the landfills and global warming! We have ruined our planet and sadly when mankind goes down so will the nature and wild animals and it will be our fault.Unless people really like for real cared! But they don't. So your fact were true before but now that we desroyed the earth and are still doing so this world for us won't end natrually. Also what about our kids their kids their grandchildren so even if though the world won't end in our lifetime what about our future families? What about them? :(
Ellamy
Ellamy posted in Debating:
DonnaIva
Hiii! This is my first english poem/song I hope u like it, and.. sorry for grammar, After all, I am not native-speaking-english.girl STEP OUT OF SHADOW Suddenly, you realise, You are going down a wrong path, It is too late to turn around… Just open your eyes and hurry up Cause time flies…   At the moment, All your dreams seem so worthless, And your apologizes so useless. The reflection in the mirror Doesen`t seem yours any more, Can you move on? You are not so sure…   Just step out of shadow and smile, I know it it`s hard, But please, try! The world is not  sad or dark, In every single man, There is a good spark!   You think about The opportunities that you have lost, About hurting one you love, And that really hurts the most… You scream but no one hears you, You cry but no one sees you…   I know , They `ve been telling you To give up, that this is just an illusion; But I am telling you: That is a wrong conclusion! Don`t listen what they say, Little things can push Your problems away!     Just step out of shadow and smile, I know it it`s hard, But please, try! The world is not  sad or dark, In every single man, There is a good spark!