Blake Lively Fun Facts!
Blake Lively has become familiar to Gossip Girl fans over the last few years as Serena Van Der Woodsen, as well as starring in movies like Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants and The Green Lantern. Find out more about her in Blake Lively Fun Facts!
Blake's breakout role? Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants!
Blake Lively win a People's Choice Award and Teen Choice Award
Blake has modeled for Gucci ads
Did You Know...
- Blake was born August 25th, 1987 in Tarzana, Los Angeles
- Blake’s parents Ernie and Elaine are also actors
- She’s the youngest of five kids
- She had her first part when she was 11 in the movie Sandman, directed by her dad
- Her parents taught acting classes when she was young, and since they didn’t want to hire a babysitter, Blake went with them (and learned a thing or two!)
- Blake has done ads for Gucci
- Blake was raised Southern Baptist
- Blake wasn’t originally interested in acting, but her brother Eric convinced his agent to send her out for auditions, and she landed Bridget in The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants in 2005!
- She was nominated for a Teen Choice Award for Sisterhood
- In 2006 she co-starred with Justin Long in Accepted
- She was in the horror film Simon Says
- In 2007 Blake won one of the lead roles in the CW show Gossip Girl as Serena Van Der Woodsen
- Her first magazine cover was Cosmogirl in November 2007
- She had critical acclaim for her performance as a bulimic girl in a beauty pageant in the film Elvis and Annabelle
- In The Private Lives of Pippa Lee Blake played the younger Pippa, the movie is based on a best-selling novel
- If she wasn’t an actress, Blake has said that she would have been an interior designer because she loves textures and patterns
- In the comic book-inspired movie The Green Lantern, she played Carol Ferris, the love interest if Hal Jordan. She recently married her co-star Ryan Reynolds in a wedding that took place in South Carolina
- At her wedding British singer Florence Welch of Florence and the Machine played for the guests.
- She used to date her Gossip Girl co-star Penn Badgely
- She also dated Leonardo DiCaprio
- She has won both a People’s Choice Award and more than one Teen Choice Award for her role in Gossip Girl
- In 2011 she was featured in Time Magazine’s 100 Most Influential People
Have Your Say
What do you think of Blake Lively? Let us know in the comments section below.