Comments

Dear Dish-It: My Best Friend's An Attention Seeker

Overlooked asks: My best friend has become such an attention seeker. She tries to act overly confident and wears revealing clothes. One minute she’ll be my friend, and as soon as there are boys around, it’s like I don’t even exist. I try to talk to her and she only pretends to listen while looking over my head at the boys behind me. What should I do? Back to Article

MonasYou
MonasYou wrote:
2014-06-27 01:41:16 -0700

My friend was the exact same

Brendiii_12
Brendiii_12 wrote:
2014-02-10 16:00:49 -0800

Lame. That's why I don't have girl friends thy are brats....most arez

RainbowPiggy490
RainbowPiggy490 wrote:
2014-01-23 16:03:11 -0800

There a attention seeker at my school and she fake breaks a leg one day the next day her leg is fine! One time i saw her tak off her cast and walk-_-

im-living
im-living wrote:
2014-01-16 13:04:46 -0800

I hate attention seakers

Tatiana111
Tatiana111 wrote:
2014-01-16 11:05:40 -0800

I don't like attention seekers. I hope she has a child early and learns from her mistake your friend. Maybe then it'll teach her a lesson.

illeanaz
illeanaz wrote:
2013-12-09 19:47:55 -0800

what the use in seeking attention

lexiegrey12
lexiegrey12 wrote:
2013-10-05 09:53:54 -0700

ugh, i hate them my mortal enemies

EmoSkittleGirl
EmoSkittleGirl wrote:
2013-10-05 08:32:44 -0700

I really dislike attention seekers , I talk to a few of them everyday. I am not gonna name them but just letting you know it's annoying sometimes.

princess subrina
princess subrina wrote:
2013-10-05 08:28:56 -0700

what do you do prettygurl229

prettygirl229
prettygirl229 wrote:
2013-10-05 08:25:03 -0700

My bff does that everyday!!!

princess subrina
princess subrina wrote:
2013-10-05 08:21:36 -0700

i am looking for a best friend who won't do that to me smile

-ImpossibleDreams-
-ImpossibleDreams- wrote:
2013-09-30 17:48:46 -0700

over and over everyday .-.

-ImpossibleDreams-
-ImpossibleDreams- wrote:
2013-09-30 17:48:19 -0700

One of my friends are annoying sometimes cause all she tells me is the same thing over and over everyday .-.

brunostar
brunostar wrote:
2013-09-30 17:40:10 -0700

wow......

FunGirlLondon
FunGirlLondon wrote:
2013-09-26 15:15:27 -0700

That's not very nice

caitlinkay
caitlinkay wrote:
2013-05-05 17:05:43 -0700

its annoying when my friends do that but most of my friends are boys so i don't have really anything to worry about but I do cause boys are weird even my friend Hayden he does the weirdest things

queenbethan1234
queenbethan1234 wrote:
2013-04-28 04:41:09 -0700

walk with her and try and avoid other boys and tell her

NilNil
NilNil wrote:
2013-04-07 17:25:56 -0700

be more revealing and attention seeking than her.

flirtaddict
flirtaddict wrote:
2013-04-02 20:44:07 -0700

I know how that feels!!!!!!!!! my best friend can be a bit of a you know what and it isn't pretty when I confront her

i31direction
i31direction wrote:
2013-04-02 18:37:16 -0700

SHE SHOULD NOT BE FRIENDS WITH THAT GIRL SHE SHOULD BE TREATED WITH RESPECT.

What's Sure to Get His Attention?

• Smile and giggle at all his jokes.
  • The bend-and-snap technique from Legally Blonde.
  • Follow him home from school every day - even though you live on the other side of town.
  • What's with the games? Just ask him out and stop playin' around already!

Micro_deardishit-jealous-micro
Jealous asks: I don’t like my ex-boyfriend anymore, but when he started dating another girl I fel...
Loner asks: "There is a girl in my class and she is very posh and stuck up! I make a new friend a...
My best friend smokes. She smokes for attention and it is killing me. I'm so lost! ...
My mom's a bit odd when it comes to men. She dates a lot, and has gotten pregnant t...

Boysrock50
Boysrock50 posted in Friends:
The perfect friend would always be there to support you when you have a problem, and will offer to help. The perfect friend is someone who guides you to doing the right things, not the wrong things. They would make the effort to talk to you, not wait for you to contact them first all the time, as friendship should be a 50-50 relationship. They would stay your friend for years, not leave you as soon as they find someone 'cooler'. They won't act different around others to impress them and leave you. They would listen to you just as much as they tell you things. They would turn to you as their first choice, not their reserve choice. But most importantly, the perfect friend would be someone who always makes you happy to be with.
reply about 1 hour
brunostar
brunostar posted in Friends:
You want someone who cares, understands and will be there for you, and not just when you're down. You want someone who makes you smile and laugh at 3 am and you have to try not to giggle in class because of something that happened a weeks ago. Everyone fights, but you don't want someone who you constantly fight with and who makes you feel down or drops your self-esteem. If someone bothers you to do bad stuff, walk the other direction and don't take in the negative force. I'm the type of person that takes people in for who they are, I care and listen and try my best to make them laugh and be happy. I have gotten mixed with bad friends as in talking me into negative things, constantly making me feel down, ditching for other people, insulting other friends. I need to change how I act, I seem to annoy and bother people a lot. And possibly I care too much, I also at times understand too little. I get attached to easily and hurt easily. I don't know what else you asked so imma end this now xD
reply about 1 hour
MissD
MissD posted in Friends:
Describe the perfect friend in your opinion.  In what ways are you a good friend? What do you need to do to become a better friend?  What do you think?
MissD
MissD posted in Friends:
Honestly? They aren't safe for you. Depression is difficult to overcome. Especially when people are negative about it around you. If they refuse to believe you, then there is no point trying to be friends with them again. Some people just don't accept mental problems or swear that they are being faked. I never quite understood why people don't acknowledge it, but whatever. Moving on from that, you should find friends that you don't need to pretend around - depression isn't too uncommon. Look and listen. You'll find the right people - they just proved that they weren't it. No one can go back and make a brand-new start, but anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending!  I really like the post above me, Huntress that was really good advice. I have a theory, there are two kinds of people in the world, Vampires and Sunshine. The vampires, take from us: they suck our self esteem, positive thoughts, smiles, energy.. YUCK. Sunshine on the other hand, gives and gives. You feel warmer just being around sunshine people, they lift you up, remind you about your good qualities, cheer for you and help you be your best most true self.  Here is the other thing about Vampires and Sunshine - Vampires tend to run in packs, they draw their power from taking other peoples away - and IMO they are insatiable. Sunshine people are awesome, even if you only have one in your life - it's enough.  I hope you will look around and see if you can spot the difference, I'd love to know if you have at least one Sunshine person in your life - let go of those horrible vampires, in the end you will feel much better for having made that empowered decision!!  Good Luck!
Huntress