Comments

Dear Dish-It: My Best Friend's An Attention Seeker

Overlooked asks: My best friend has become such an attention seeker. She tries to act overly confident and wears revealing clothes. One minute she’ll be my friend, and as soon as there are boys around, it’s like I don’t even exist. I try to talk to her and she only pretends to listen while looking over my head at the boys behind me. What should I do? Back to Article

sapphire_blue_stone
sapphire_blue_stone wrote:
2012-12-02 05:12:43 -0800

i hv the same probs too

sarah8101
sarah8101 wrote:
2012-11-30 17:17:13 -0800

A true friend sticks by ur side

teddyfluff
teddyfluff wrote:
2012-11-30 17:09:48 -0800

Well she probably Dosen't want you snooping in her things and embarrisng her.When you first start getting into a friendsship you guys don't fully trust each other Mad

surfer chicks12 12
surfer chicks12 12 wrote:
2012-11-29 04:20:17 -0800

i had the same problem till today

Cahlessia
Cahlessia wrote:
2012-11-28 16:28:09 -0800

my bff do dat all da time she talk real loud in da classroom n she be sittin at da table wit all da blak boys in da class!!!!!!!!! she flirt wit dem 2 n she got a bf i juss b smh at her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! -.-

GuppiiPond
GuppiiPond wrote:
2012-11-28 12:46:34 -0800

It's probably because she has "daddy issues"... girls tend to aim for mainly man attention when they don't get enough love from their dad... or they could be like me and just hate alot of girls at school because they start drama... Frustrated

Kasjloves *-_2308042

JustADream : wrote:
2012-11-28 11:18:06 -0800

Omgahhh Thisss Wluld Be Kas ; o

Alexswaggirl
Alexswaggirl wrote:
2012-11-28 10:57:32 -0800

your friend is only acting that way around boys because she feels insecure and feels like she needs a lot of attention. just be honest with her and tell her that sometimes you feel left out

Lnvjessiej
Lnvjessiej wrote:
2012-11-26 20:06:30 -0800

Dont keep acting along with her just tell her
straight up when there are no boys around we
cant be friends anymore if your gonna let boys
get in between our friendship.

bootslouise500
bootslouise500 wrote:
2012-11-25 16:16:33 -0800

i have a friend just like that too and i told her that u might be getting sum attention from boys but not your friends like me and my other friends that are girls and she gets googy when the boy she likes comes around but he doesnt like attention seekers i hope u can try to handle it like i did but now a week or 2 ago shes been starting again omg i have to try again lol love,boots Big Grin

theboysthatlovegirlsrock
theboysthatlovegirlsrock wrote:
2012-11-25 10:00:26 -0800

I. Have a friend just like her just say you don't ca she does it for your attention don't react to it

What's Sure to Get His Attention?

• Smile and giggle at all his jokes.
  • The bend-and-snap technique from Legally Blonde.
  • Follow him home from school every day - even though you live on the other side of town.
  • What's with the games? Just ask him out and stop playin' around already!

Micro_deardishit-jealous-micro
Jealous asks: I don’t like my ex-boyfriend anymore, but when he started dating another girl I fel...
Loner asks: "There is a girl in my class and she is very posh and stuck up! I make a new friend a...
My best friend smokes. She smokes for attention and it is killing me. I'm so lost! ...
My mom's a bit odd when it comes to men. She dates a lot, and has gotten pregnant t...

american_brit
american_brit posted in Friends:
Hi Jaera!      sisihastwobunnies is right. It's perfectly fine for you to have a crush, but you're a little young for a "love life." Don't worry though! Someday, if it's meant to be (Ha ^-^) you'll find the one who's just right for you. Until then, it's great to have good guy friends -and in years to come if one of those friendships develop into something more, then props to you (:  Future advice: You have to understand that feelings aren't always mutual. You may like someone and they'll see you only as a friend -or vice versa.  THIS IS OKAY.  It may hurt, but that's just proof that you'll have to move on. Something better is ahead,  you simply haven't gotten there yet (: Having patience can be hard, but it's worth it. Good luck! -And I hoped this helped!                                    Wishing you the best,                                             american_brit ^-^
hugebear
hugebear posted in Family Issues:
I want to own a pony  You want to own a pony it was dirty and smelly  All animals has their own unique smell and its how animals smell. You was feeling ill so it could of smelt even worse I felt low in the class You was ill and its understandable that you was feeling awful I feel really nervous about going tomorrow for a proper riding day. Me suggestion is to ask the stables for the horse you would feel more comfortables riding I think it's 8 hours 15 minutes!  I knows you think there wont be breaks but there will be and probably about every hour or so.  Dont worry about this. Yay you got all jodphurs and boots and your all set. Me suggestion is go along tomorrow and relax and enjoy it.  Sure it does costs money to go there but your parents wouldnt be organising it if they hadnt got the money to pay.  If you doesnt like it after you tried it then say you dont wanna go again. It does sounds epical though and good luck for tomorrow  :angel
ElfyKathy
I went to own a pony day but I got the start of a short illness and I was scared and it was dirty and smelly and I felt low in the class but I was oldest on the biggest horse and now I feel really nervous about going tomorrow for a proper riding day. I think it's 8 hours 15 minutes! That's like, school with no break or lunch and four extra lessons! I acted excited cause I got rosettes and lollies and mum took me out for jodpurs and boots but now I feel a bit sick and tight and wobbly even though it was fun on wednesday and I have 3 sort of friends there already and the horse I rode, Bob, was great! Mum's in Wales and having a nice time so I don't want to dull her and I talked to Dad but he said 'don't worry I don't know what mum will think sorry'. I don't want to say no or quit later on cause: I'll feel bad to Bob The stables is just up the road so when I see the owner (who's real nice to me) or the instructor (who's at my school) I'll feel bad for saying no I don't want to join you I feel like mum will be disappointed cause she used to adore riding and had 2 horses and a pony I always begged to ride since I was 3 and so it's been over a decade! It costs cash. Cash, cash, cash. From mum and dad's pockets. Cash.
american_brit
american_brit posted in Friends:
"noordinarygirl" wrote: Have you ever heard the saying, "Life is not about finding yourself, but creating yourself"? You already have traits, quirks, gifts, and talents put in you by God, and you just need to "put yourself out there" to discover what they are and what you can do with them. Don't worry so much about knowing who you are right now, you'll find that out in time. Just try to become the best you can be with what you have." Exactly ^-^ I don't think I could explain it any better. "_ALizB_" wrote:So pretty much what y'all are saying is, give it time?  Basically. Take time to learn about yourself. *What do you like to do? *What're dreams? *What're you scared of? *What makes you laugh? *What upsets you? *Are you happy? Why or why not? *What would you like to change? Can you? If so, what're you going to do about it? *Etcetera *Etcetera Life's a time to ask questions. You have to understand though, it doesn't always offer clear answers -but they're there; not always easily seen, but always there.
hugebear
hugebear posted in Friends:
Ello and Im sorry for saying this but from what you has said so far you hardly knows either of them.  You like them cos of how they look. Me advise is get to know both of them and be the friends first and see what happens if something happens and how your feelings evolves. Take your time and good luck :) :love