Comments

Dear Dish-It: My Best Friend's An Attention Seeker

Overlooked asks: My best friend has become such an attention seeker. She tries to act overly confident and wears revealing clothes. One minute she’ll be my friend, and as soon as there are boys around, it’s like I don’t even exist. I try to talk to her and she only pretends to listen while looking over my head at the boys behind me. What should I do? Back to Article

sapphire_blue_stone
sapphire_blue_stone wrote:
2012-12-02 05:12:43 -0800

i hv the same probs too

sarah8101
sarah8101 wrote:
2012-11-30 17:17:13 -0800

A true friend sticks by ur side

teddyfluff
teddyfluff wrote:
2012-11-30 17:09:48 -0800

Well she probably Dosen't want you snooping in her things and embarrisng her.When you first start getting into a friendsship you guys don't fully trust each other Mad

surfer chicks12 12
surfer chicks12 12 wrote:
2012-11-29 04:20:17 -0800

i had the same problem till today

Cahlessia
Cahlessia wrote:
2012-11-28 16:28:09 -0800

my bff do dat all da time she talk real loud in da classroom n she be sittin at da table wit all da blak boys in da class!!!!!!!!! she flirt wit dem 2 n she got a bf i juss b smh at her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! -.-

GuppiiPond
GuppiiPond wrote:
2012-11-28 12:46:34 -0800

It's probably because she has "daddy issues"... girls tend to aim for mainly man attention when they don't get enough love from their dad... or they could be like me and just hate alot of girls at school because they start drama... Frustrated

Kasjloves *-_2308042

JustADream : wrote:
2012-11-28 11:18:06 -0800

Omgahhh Thisss Wluld Be Kas ; o

Alexswaggirl
Alexswaggirl wrote:
2012-11-28 10:57:32 -0800

your friend is only acting that way around boys because she feels insecure and feels like she needs a lot of attention. just be honest with her and tell her that sometimes you feel left out

Lnvjessiej
Lnvjessiej wrote:
2012-11-26 20:06:30 -0800

Dont keep acting along with her just tell her
straight up when there are no boys around we
cant be friends anymore if your gonna let boys
get in between our friendship.

bootslouise500
bootslouise500 wrote:
2012-11-25 16:16:33 -0800

i have a friend just like that too and i told her that u might be getting sum attention from boys but not your friends like me and my other friends that are girls and she gets googy when the boy she likes comes around but he doesnt like attention seekers i hope u can try to handle it like i did but now a week or 2 ago shes been starting again omg i have to try again lol love,boots Big Grin

theboysthatlovegirlsrock
theboysthatlovegirlsrock wrote:
2012-11-25 10:00:26 -0800

I. Have a friend just like her just say you don't ca she does it for your attention don't react to it

What's Sure to Get His Attention?

• Smile and giggle at all his jokes.
  • The bend-and-snap technique from Legally Blonde.
  • Follow him home from school every day - even though you live on the other side of town.
  • What's with the games? Just ask him out and stop playin' around already!

Micro_deardishit-jealous-micro
Jealous asks: I don’t like my ex-boyfriend anymore, but when he started dating another girl I fel...
Loner asks: "There is a girl in my class and she is very posh and stuck up! I make a new friend a...
My best friend smokes. She smokes for attention and it is killing me. I'm so lost! ...
My mom's a bit odd when it comes to men. She dates a lot, and has gotten pregnant t...

Boysrock50
Boysrock50 posted in Friends:
The perfect friend would always be there to support you when you have a problem, and will offer to help. The perfect friend is someone who guides you to doing the right things, not the wrong things. They would make the effort to talk to you, not wait for you to contact them first all the time, as friendship should be a 50-50 relationship. They would stay your friend for years, not leave you as soon as they find someone 'cooler'. They won't act different around others to impress them and leave you. They would listen to you just as much as they tell you things. They would turn to you as their first choice, not their reserve choice. But most importantly, the perfect friend would be someone who always makes you happy to be with.
reply about 1 hour
brunostar
brunostar posted in Friends:
You want someone who cares, understands and will be there for you, and not just when you're down. You want someone who makes you smile and laugh at 3 am and you have to try not to giggle in class because of something that happened a weeks ago. Everyone fights, but you don't want someone who you constantly fight with and who makes you feel down or drops your self-esteem. If someone bothers you to do bad stuff, walk the other direction and don't take in the negative force. I'm the type of person that takes people in for who they are, I care and listen and try my best to make them laugh and be happy. I have gotten mixed with bad friends as in talking me into negative things, constantly making me feel down, ditching for other people, insulting other friends. I need to change how I act, I seem to annoy and bother people a lot. And possibly I care too much, I also at times understand too little. I get attached to easily and hurt easily. I don't know what else you asked so imma end this now xD
reply about 1 hour
MissD
MissD posted in Friends:
Describe the perfect friend in your opinion.  In what ways are you a good friend? What do you need to do to become a better friend?  What do you think?
MissD
MissD posted in Friends:
Honestly? They aren't safe for you. Depression is difficult to overcome. Especially when people are negative about it around you. If they refuse to believe you, then there is no point trying to be friends with them again. Some people just don't accept mental problems or swear that they are being faked. I never quite understood why people don't acknowledge it, but whatever. Moving on from that, you should find friends that you don't need to pretend around - depression isn't too uncommon. Look and listen. You'll find the right people - they just proved that they weren't it. No one can go back and make a brand-new start, but anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending!  I really like the post above me, Huntress that was really good advice. I have a theory, there are two kinds of people in the world, Vampires and Sunshine. The vampires, take from us: they suck our self esteem, positive thoughts, smiles, energy.. YUCK. Sunshine on the other hand, gives and gives. You feel warmer just being around sunshine people, they lift you up, remind you about your good qualities, cheer for you and help you be your best most true self.  Here is the other thing about Vampires and Sunshine - Vampires tend to run in packs, they draw their power from taking other peoples away - and IMO they are insatiable. Sunshine people are awesome, even if you only have one in your life - it's enough.  I hope you will look around and see if you can spot the difference, I'd love to know if you have at least one Sunshine person in your life - let go of those horrible vampires, in the end you will feel much better for having made that empowered decision!!  Good Luck!
Huntress