Britney Spears Fun Facts!
When Britney Spears first burst onto the music scene she had no problem dominating the pop charts and pumping out hit after hit, and signing on as a judge for The X Factor has thrown her back into the limelight. Find out more about her in Britney Spears Fun Facts!
Britney has been influential on pop artists everywhere
Britney Spears is a judge on The X Factor US Courtesy of FOX
Britney's songs were the theme for Glee's "Britney 2.0" Courtesy of FOX
Did You Know...
- Britney’s middle name is Jean
- Signed to Jive Records in 1997
- She was born December 2nd, 1981 in McComb, Mississippi
- She was raised in Kentwood, Louisiana
- She started taking dance lessons at age 3
- As a kid she took competitive gymnastics and voice lessons, winning children’s competitions in both
- She has two siblings, Bryan James and Jamie Lynn
- Her debut album Baby One More Time was the best selling album by a teenage artist at the time
- She auditioned for The Mickey Mouse Club, but was too young at the time, however impressed by her Disney recommended an agent and she and her mom moved to New York and she got work as an understudy in a production of Ruthless!
- In 1992 she accepted onto The New Mickey Mouse Club show
- Was in talks to join a girl group called Innosense in 1997
- Britney has 6 MTV Music Video Awards, a Grammy, and 9 Billboard Music Awards
- Britney raised much controversy over her revealing stage outfits when she first started her career
- Britney dated fellow pop star Justin Timberlake for 3 years
- Her first book Britney Spears Heart-to-Heart was co-written with her mom
- In 2001 she starred in the movie Crossroads, which told the story of a girl from humble beginnings, who goes in search of her mother and loves to sing
- Her performance at the 2001 MTV Video Awards with an albino python and caged tiger has become famous, but forced animal rights group PETA to drop her as a potential spokesperson
- The same year she released her third studio album, Britney
- She took creative control of her fourth studio album In the Zone, which contained the hits “Toxic,” “Everytime” and “Me Against the Music.”
- She also signed on as the spokeswoman for Pepsi, and later on Sketchers
- She is one of the best-selling female artists of the 21st century
- Her voice is a soprano
- She says Madonna, Janet Jackson and Whitney Houston have been major influences
- She founded the Britney Spears Foundation that helps children in need
- She has been dubbed The Princess of Pop
- She has put out 7 full length albums since she started her career
- She married childhood friend Jason Allan Alexander in Las Vegas in 2004, but the two annulled the marriage immediately
- Later in 2004 she became involved with her backup dancer Kevin Federline, they got engaged and were married by the end of the year
- She also released her fragrance Curious that year
- Had sons Sean and Jayden with Federline, and they divorced in 2007
- Following her divorce and the death of her aunt Britney went through a difficult time and was admitted to several hospitals and treatment centers.
- The 60 minute documentary Britney: For the Record chronicled her return to the recording industry and was aired on MTV
- With the release of Circus in 2008 Britney became the youngest female artist to have 5 albums debut at #1 on the charts
- Britney has been the musical theme on Glee for an episode in Season 4
- She appeared in an episode of How I Met Your Mother
- Became a judge on the second season The X Factor US
Check out Britney's club hit "Till the World Ends" below!
Have Your Say
Do you like Britney Spears? Let us know in the comments section below!