Comments

Dear Dish-it: Is There Something Wrong With Me?

All my life, I’ve associated colors with everything: words, numbers, people, places. I always thought it was normal, like everyone did that. But when I talked to my friends and parents about it, they didn’t understand. Is there something wrong with my brain? Back to Article

Mockingjay111
Mockingjay111 wrote:
2014-11-14 14:04:12 -0800

For me, Monday is black, Tuesday is yellowy-orange, Wednesday is green, Thursday is purple, Friday is blue, Saturday is red, and Sunday is yellow.

SparklesandGlitter
SparklesandGlitter wrote:
2014-08-27 09:44:42 -0700

I have this. Saturday is an orange day. Friday is
yellow. Thursday's pink, Wednesday's white. Monday's navy blue, Tuesday's baby blue. The letter A is green, The number 4 is red the number 3 is
pink. The number 9 is green, the number 8 is blue and all the rest are black. When somebody touches my elbow i taste black berries. Don't worry, only one in 300 ppl have it. It makes you unique.

kaykay2002
kaykay2002 wrote:
2014-07-31 17:15:29 -0700

that sounds cool I wish I had it

_itzzamaniboo
_itzzamaniboo wrote:
2014-06-17 09:00:49 -0700

I do this to don't feel, bad lots of people do that including me. it can be a basic thing.

kittygirl678
kittygirl678 wrote:
2014-06-16 19:18:25 -0700

I do it too! Big Grin

QueenTitania
QueenTitania wrote:
2014-06-16 19:14:46 -0700

i do it to

bluegirl17
bluegirl17 wrote:
2014-05-04 14:31:32 -0700

I do this too and see colors flash before my eyes

toffeebiscuitgirl123
toffeebiscuitgirl123 wrote:
2013-12-13 12:29:28 -0800

dont worry. i hav the same thing and i hav seen on tv that it is completely normal. everyones brain is different. that is just how it works

jazz1o1
jazz1o1 wrote:
2013-11-16 17:28:52 -0800

look theres nothing wrong with you im the same i talked to my friends about it and my parents they thought i was crazy and took me to the hospital but then then i was straight but no ur cool

blackmom174
blackmom174 wrote:
2013-11-12 12:32:17 -0800

hi girl your comment's are alsome .........lol

Way2Fizzy
Way2Fizzy wrote:
2013-11-10 23:30:42 -0800

Well I used to associate colours with things but not anymore.

JennyD
JennyD wrote:
2013-11-10 16:13:54 -0800

I have nothing to relate to this

kenzeebee
kenzeebee wrote:
2013-11-10 14:16:33 -0800

It happens to me a lot!!

RiverGirl22
RiverGirl22 wrote:
2013-11-10 11:28:31 -0800

Nothing is wrong with you or your brain. It's just your way of life. Everybody has/does something that is, (some people consider) "weird." Don't worry about it. smile

meemee2000
meemee2000 wrote:
2013-11-10 07:00:46 -0800

No it's not nothing wrong with you Briansmile if you like colors then u like it

tigerboy14
tigerboy14 wrote:
2013-11-10 05:56:04 -0800

there is nothing wrong with ur brain its normal...so just be ur self..and when you get older u will find someone else that dose the same thing

ValenciaRose
ValenciaRose wrote:
2013-11-10 04:44:05 -0800

that's sad

Dianira123
Dianira123 wrote:
2013-11-10 01:58:03 -0800

i have synesthesia, the only weird thing is tht whenever i look at it another time, it changes color, O_O is tht good?

InfinityAndBeyondxP
InfinityAndBeyondxP wrote:
2013-11-10 01:07:26 -0800

I've never heard of it .-.

hutcherson92
hutcherson92 wrote:
2013-10-20 08:27:13 -0700

My art teacher has that, it's kinda weird to me but that's just me. I think it would be really awesome to have it smile

Colour_sunshine-poll

Do you like to Color?

• Totally!
  • Sometimes.
  • Not really.
  • Coloring is dumb!

Micro_deardish-sweaty-micro
Sweaty asks: I have a sweating problem. Even if I keep my arms down for a short while, I sweat A ...
Micro_deardish-nerves-micro
Nervous Ballerina asks: I’m going to be performing in The Nutcracker this weekend. It’s a really ...
Micro_deardish-attentionseeker-micro
Overlooked asks: My best friend has become such an attention seeker. She tries to act overly conf...
Micro_deardish-heartbreakcrush-micro
Confused Lover asks: There is this guy in my class who I like and I think he likes me back, but I...

MissD
MissD posted in Friends:
You are welcome & Good Luck!
reply about 1 hour
snikko
snikko posted in Friends:
A prefect friend is a person that is always with you when you need  them.  THey have you back and they don'bully ou. They hang out with you. THey treat you as an equal. They stand up for you. And they don't laugh at your tureself.
GottaLoveDance
GottaLoveDance posted in Friends:
"MissD" wrote:This might seem obvious but is there anyone else you might be able to walk home with? I always try to solve problems simply first. If yes, than I encourage you to invite that person to walk home with you. If not - let's take a step back and figure our why you are feeling left out/ignored. Do your friends talk about things that you don't understand, do they block you from participating in the conversation? If you guys have to walk together and there is no choice in the matter - YOU be the initiator of great conversation. Confidently smile - and talk to BOTH of them at the same time. It's so helpful to be able to navigate a conversation generously. That means you be the one on the high road - ask questions, people love talking about things that are interesting to them. Ask questions and figure out what common things all three of you have together and before you know it your walk will be over. Hope this helps. Let us know what happens. Inclusivity totally kicks butt over exclusivity!  thank you soooo much for the amazing advice, unfortunately I don't really have a choice because my friend walks to my house where her mum picks her up so it would hurt her feelings if I said no to walking with her but ill definitely try yor suggestions in the second paragraph. Thanks
MissD
MissD posted in Friends:
This might seem obvious but is there anyone else you might be able to walk home with? I always try to solve problems simply first. If yes, than I encourage you to invite that person to walk home with you. If not - let's take a step back and figure our why you are feeling left out/ignored.  Do your friends talk about things that you don't understand, do they block you from participating in the conversation? If you guys have to walk together and there is no choice in the matter - YOU be the initiator of great conversation. Confidently smile - and talk to BOTH of them at the same time. It's so helpful to be able to navigate a conversation generously. That means you be the one on the high road - ask questions, people love talking about things that are interesting to them. Ask questions and figure out what common things all three of you have together and before you know it your walk will be over.  Hope this helps. Let us know what happens.  Inclusivity totally kicks butt over exclusivity!
GottaLoveDance
GottaLoveDance posted in Friends:
I have this one best friend and she is wonderful. But two of my other friends are best friends with each other and when I walk home from school with them I feel really left out and ignored. I don't want to ruin their friendship but I don't know what to do about it. Any suggestions?