Comments

Dear Dish-it: Is There Something Wrong With Me?

All my life, I’ve associated colors with everything: words, numbers, people, places. I always thought it was normal, like everyone did that. But when I talked to my friends and parents about it, they didn’t understand. Is there something wrong with my brain? Back to Article

JennyD
JennyD wrote:
2013-08-16 13:18:56 -0700

color freak

jackrabbit259
jackrabbit259 wrote:
2013-07-12 20:39:40 -0700

I assosiate Colorswithpeople.

prettycandy1169
prettycandy1169 wrote:
2013-06-22 06:19:44 -0700

me too i associate colors with letters and days of the week like Tuesday for me is orange.

Pegapony
Pegapony wrote:
2013-06-16 10:51:10 -0700

I associate colours with sound sometimes. Green is soothing sounds and blue is jagged sounds

until.the.world.meet.me
until.the.world.meet.me wrote:
2013-06-16 10:28:23 -0700

Oops associate

until.the.world.meet.me
until.the.world.meet.me wrote:
2013-06-16 10:28:03 -0700

Yeah Im like that too , but I also ssociate it with pain

Nevadaiscoolname
Nevadaiscoolname wrote:
2013-06-12 12:44:30 -0700

I read The Secret series and the whole thing of the series is Synesthesia. Read the series.

isisash121
isisash121 wrote:
2013-04-13 17:03:04 -0700

I read A mango shaped space the main character
has Synesthesia. also you would like the book
and I have synesthesia too

cutest_gurl_eva
cutest_gurl_eva wrote:
2013-04-04 19:56:44 -0700

I'm like that too

dogster
dogster wrote:
2013-04-01 00:42:59 -0700

I'm also the same: i do it with letters numbers and sounds for example, A is always red, 6 is brown and and a bird song is purple smile

blooface
blooface wrote:
2013-03-27 21:08:04 -0700

Read Mango Shaped Space

princessarisha22
princessarisha22 wrote:
2013-03-26 01:27:50 -0700

u r unique dear,u r mad-make a difference

everythinggoes
everythinggoes wrote:
2013-03-25 23:01:02 -0700

Of course there is nothing wrong with you. It makes you unique. Be unique is awesome.

miss_anonymous
miss_anonymous wrote:
2013-03-22 23:06:48 -0700

I think I have something similar but I associate colours with textures.

MimaChic
MimaChic wrote:
2013-02-28 10:54:11 -0800

AWWWH! I think of words that are important to
me and i have a picture that goes with it, and its never changed?!!! But i like the idea of thinking of a colour whilst im in maths class smile

MissIndependent587
MissIndependent587 wrote:
2013-02-08 14:41:42 -0800

Omg! I have synesthesia too!

wreastlingfan619
wreastlingfan619 wrote:
2013-02-08 05:21:34 -0800

. It can range from tasting colors to smelling sounds. Synesthesia can occur between any two senses or perceptual modes. If we take into account only the five basic senses (sight, smell, sound, taste, and touch) and imagine pairings, we already have twenty different types of synesthesia. In reality, there are many more possibilities. Solomon Shereshevsky, a synesthete, reportedly experienced a link between all five of the basic senses. While this is an extreme example, it’s evidence that more th

genni:D
genni:D wrote:
2013-01-16 17:35:19 -0800

opps i read it wrong.... I SEE THAT TOO! Big Grin omg! smile

genni:D
genni:D wrote:
2013-01-16 17:33:40 -0800

Big Grin OMG! im like that too! but im proud of it.. People at school call meh skittles Big Grin ! smile I LOVE BEING COLORFUL... gosh, i sound crazy.

Coolswag59
Coolswag59 wrote:
2013-01-14 04:03:28 -0800

And NO nothing is wrong with u

Colour_sunshine-poll

Do you like to Color?

• Totally!
  • Sometimes.
  • Not really.
  • Coloring is dumb!

Micro_deardish-sweaty-micro
Sweaty asks: I have a sweating problem. Even if I keep my arms down for a short while, I sweat A ...
Micro_deardish-nerves-micro
Nervous Ballerina asks: I’m going to be performing in The Nutcracker this weekend. It’s a really ...
Micro_deardish-attentionseeker-micro
Overlooked asks: My best friend has become such an attention seeker. She tries to act overly conf...
Micro_deardish-heartbreakcrush-micro
Confused Lover asks: There is this guy in my class who I like and I think he likes me back, but I...

LollipopR
LollipopR posted in Style:
Leggings
John Appetite
John Appetite posted in Friends:
"FloraTheWolf" wrote:One thing that I have noticed is that a lot of people seem to think they should have a boyfriend or a girlfriend as soon as possible, but they don't need to until its the right time just for them. You don't have to be forced to fall in love with someone if you don't want to. Let love come in its own time.And to keep away from any problems with her if she may become mean, try just forgetting about what happened and treat her like a normal person you know, and try to avoid any arguments. If she becomes mean, maybe just walk away for a bit. And if she is still being mean, maybe confront her asking what you have ever done to make her this way towards you. If you have done nothing, then she will have no reason to be mad at you so its not your problem she is being mean so you don't have to be stressed about it.I hope this helps! :) Thanks for the advice. This takes a burden off of my head. "Bloody Wings" wrote:ignore her be the cool kind of guy dont talk to her even if she comes and talk with you.well thats my opinion Thanks for the advice. Now I know the appropriate reaction. "Dear Dish-It" wrote: Hi there! My most important advice would be to be yourself! live your life! do the things you want to do. If you've moved past what happened with your feelings for one another, just go and enjoy your time. If things are weird, it'll be because of her, not you. Stay positive and calm and I'm sure you'll have fun!   Hope you have a good time! Thanks for helping me out Dish-It. You did not only help me out, but also wished me well. You are more like a care-taker, and you made me feel good. Thank you. Moderators can now lock the topic please.
Dear Dish-It
Dear Dish-It posted in Friends:
cargirl296
cargirl296 posted in Style:
I think that rubber band bracelets are totally in right now. And they are easy to make on a loom! Head scarves are also in as well. Hope you found this helpful!
Dear Dish-It
Wow! This sounds so frustrating! Maybe talk to your mom about what's going on. Ask her why she's doing it. She might just be worried about your safety online. More and more there are unsafe people talking to kids on the internet. I'm sure your mom just has your best interest at heart. See if you two can agree on how to keep you safe online!   Good luck!