ABC's The Mistle-Tones star Tia Mowry Q&A!
Tia Mowry and her twin sister Tamara starred in TV sitcoms Tia &Tamara and Sister, Sister and Tia returned to TV this holiday season to star in ABC's The Mistle-Tones! Find out more in her Kidzworld Q&A.
KW: What attracted you to the role in The Mistle-Tones?
- Tia: What attracted me to the role was definitely that it was a musical! I loved the idea that there was dancing and singing involved, and that it was a Christmas movie. I love all things Christmas so it wasn’t too hard for me to decide to do it!
KW: What was your favorite part of filming?
- Tia: The singing and dancing was my favorite part of filming the movie. They are both things I don’t get to do often so I had such a great time.
KW: How did you relate to your character?
- Tia: I relate to Holly in the sense that she’s a warm spirit and very kind and generous, but she’s also a go-getter and she doesn’t quit easily.
KW: What was it like being in a musical? Have you done anything like this before?
- Tia: I was in an off-Broadway play years ago, when I was about 14 years old, and that was the only kind of musical experience I had where there was acting involved. Doing something like The Mistle-Tones was something that I really, desperately wanted to do.
KW: Does your family have any special Christmas traditions?
- Tia: My family loves to get together and decorate the Christmas tree and sing Christmas carols.
KW: What was it like working with Tori Spelling?
- Tia: It was amazing working with Tori Spelling. She was so sweet, so kind, and so professional. I really enjoyed working with someone who I could relate to in the terms of being a mom and wife, and also being on a reality show.
Check out Tia Mowry singing "O Holy Night" in The Mistle-Tones below!
Have Your Say
Did you watch The Mistle-Tones? What did you think?