Comments

Dear Dish-it: How Do I Gain Self Confidence?

Pushover asks: I’ve been nice to people all my life and all they’ve done is take advantage of me. Some have broken my heart. I’m tired of living with low self-esteem and playing the victim all my life. How can I gain self confidence? Back to Article

JesseWesse
JesseWesse wrote:
2014-04-13 07:40:25 -0700

Wish I had confidence in performing

masterblaster123
masterblaster123 wrote:
2013-11-29 06:25:20 -0800

Yes that may be true but the fact of the matter is nobody is perfect. Everyone has flaws and everyone has perfections. That's just life,

masterblaster123
masterblaster123 wrote:
2013-11-29 06:23:02 -0800

you except the love and respect you think you deserve. Maybe the love and respect you think you deserve,is just a small portion of what you really deserve. Maybe you should find some people who will love and respect you the way you deserve. Trust me it helps. I've tried it.

masterwolf
masterwolf wrote:
2013-11-28 22:42:04 -0800

I do. confidence helps me move on.

MysteriousRedBride
MysteriousRedBride wrote:
2013-11-28 22:37:56 -0800

Hmm.... I don't think anyone actually truly has confidence in themselves, it seems like everyone always hate at least a few things about themselves

emorainbows66
emorainbows66 wrote:
2013-09-22 15:11:32 -0700

I've tried loving myself and tried thinking positive about myself but I can never ever truly think I'm awesome the way I am, and not to mention the fact that everyday almost everyone points out something bad about me.

Mezmerized
Mezmerized wrote:
2013-07-28 22:27:48 -0700

No one actually has confidence, it's just a matter of portaying it.

giantsjetsmets
giantsjetsmets wrote:
2013-05-28 05:12:39 -0700

Exactly ive never had a real gf but i just say they dont deserve peopel lole me

youcancallmebacon
youcancallmebacon wrote:
2013-05-28 05:05:11 -0700

Yo, if you get rejected, bounce back up again. I've been turned down time and again, but I just brush it off and move on. Don't wear your heart on your sleeve: rather, lock it within the chambers of your psyche. Power to you.

ben.music
ben.music wrote:
2013-05-21 14:55:55 -0700

I am getting over it and in different circumstances Wink

PrideInWastedYouth_2297646
PrideInWastedYouth_2297646 wrote:
2013-04-30 14:40:31 -0700

Whenever I feel confidence someone always comes and knocks me down.

cutest_gurl_eva
cutest_gurl_eva wrote:
2013-04-16 19:56:22 -0700

personally I wish I was someone else....
all my life people have hurt me and broken me.

DeathInDarkness
DeathInDarkness wrote:
2013-04-13 11:01:32 -0700

I'm about as self confident as an elk trapped in a cage of 2333333333333333 cheetahs.

SilmiS
SilmiS wrote:
2013-04-11 23:32:43 -0700

But, I'm so embarrassed with my friends, even though I believe in myself, but it was only briefly

100%Boricuababy!!
100%Boricuababy!! wrote:
2013-03-26 06:00:43 -0700

I have Self confident c;

Temporarily Alyssa
Temporarily Alyssa wrote:
2013-03-26 04:16:30 -0700

I'm Self Confindent.
All You Do Is Belive In Yourself c:

everythinggoes
everythinggoes wrote:
2013-03-25 22:56:56 -0700

If someone kicks you down pick your brave self up and think "your words and actions don't affect me." say it out loud. Yes its scary I have had it happen to me too. But don't let other people's actions get you down. Keep your head held high.

bambec
bambec wrote:
2013-02-23 20:50:56 -0800

I have the same problem too!!

aprils cool12
aprils cool12 wrote:
2013-02-14 22:01:04 -0800

ya so am i

countryboys
countryboys wrote:
2013-02-14 21:59:36 -0800

im bord

F1022091345875

How Self-Confident Are You?

• I love myself, totally!
  • I am down with me, but there's always room for improvement.
  • So what if I don't fit in? Uniqueness is where it's at, baby!
  • I'd give anything to be someone else.

Micro_confidence micro
Don't let the turkeys get you down... Here are 5 teen-tested, teen approved ways to boost your co...
Micro_shy_micro
shy-as-a-deer asks: "I am a really shy girl. Whenever I have to present a presentation to the cla...
I have a really huge crush on this boy in my class. But he is so much more popular than me. He ju...
I have low self-esteem and my classmates’ teasing doesn’t help. I know I'm not ugly, but no one e...

samkitty214
samkitty214 posted in Style:
Well, if you get compliments on your hair but deep down inside YOU don't like it. Just know wether people like your hair or not the only decision the counts is YOURS! i dont vote for the punk style but if you wanna dye it, dye it!  but just think about the future would you want it green and blue or a simple black. (if u go with black YOU will still feel good about yourself and get compliments). you could cut, you know, change it up a bit. HAVE FUN and GOOD LUCK best wishes-
samkitty214
first you should talk to him about it, confront him. then tell your mom and practically beg for her to have mercy. then explain to ur littler siblings. and GOOD LUCK
EnergeticHummingbird
It happened a few days ago, and my dad was cheating on my mom with a bunch of women online....  I haven't stopped crying since then and I dont even know what I am supposed to do!!!! This isn't the first time he has cheated on my mom, but she said that this was his final chance, and that he either has to commit to his family, or not be part of it for the rest of his life..... I need serious help because I know more about the whole situation than my little brother and sister do..... I don't want them to get hurt....... So anything would help......
Wooper1255
Wooper1255 posted in Style:
Hmm... like all the comments above, I suggest you do whatever you wish with your hair. This is life. Live it up. Also, if you REEAALLYY want to dye your hair, here are some tips/suggestions: ♪ Okay, okay, who the MARSHMELLOW cares what your hair looks like? People are always going for the looks these days. :e ♪ Try highlighting a few strands of your hair. ;D If you're satisfied, do a couple of more strands! ♪ Like everyone else, use hair chalk. It's the safest and I've learned that if you dye your hair, it's going to make a major mess and it will be a MAAAAJOR pain. Hair Chalk for da best! ♪ Still feeling unconfident? Highlight your hair whatever color you want by highlighting a few strands like I typed before. Then, go to people and ask them if they like your new highlights. ♪ Maybe you should ask people if you'd look good with your hair whatever color you wanted. Anyhow, I might add more suggestions if I can think of any. Anyways, hope I helped! ^^
AlphaT
AlphaT posted in Style:
Except schools, places of work, and everyone in the United States of America who has the freedom of speech.