Comments

Dear Dish-it: How Do I Gain Self Confidence?

Pushover asks: I’ve been nice to people all my life and all they’ve done is take advantage of me. Some have broken my heart. I’m tired of living with low self-esteem and playing the victim all my life. How can I gain self confidence? Back to Article

JesseWesse
JesseWesse wrote:
2014-04-13 07:40:25 -0700

Wish I had confidence in performing

masterblaster123
masterblaster123 wrote:
2013-11-29 06:25:20 -0800

Yes that may be true but the fact of the matter is nobody is perfect. Everyone has flaws and everyone has perfections. That's just life,

masterblaster123
masterblaster123 wrote:
2013-11-29 06:23:02 -0800

you except the love and respect you think you deserve. Maybe the love and respect you think you deserve,is just a small portion of what you really deserve. Maybe you should find some people who will love and respect you the way you deserve. Trust me it helps. I've tried it.

masterwolf
masterwolf wrote:
2013-11-28 22:42:04 -0800

I do. confidence helps me move on.

MysteriousRedBride
MysteriousRedBride wrote:
2013-11-28 22:37:56 -0800

Hmm.... I don't think anyone actually truly has confidence in themselves, it seems like everyone always hate at least a few things about themselves

emorainbows66
emorainbows66 wrote:
2013-09-22 15:11:32 -0700

I've tried loving myself and tried thinking positive about myself but I can never ever truly think I'm awesome the way I am, and not to mention the fact that everyday almost everyone points out something bad about me.

Mezmerized
Mezmerized wrote:
2013-07-28 22:27:48 -0700

No one actually has confidence, it's just a matter of portaying it.

giantsjetsmets
giantsjetsmets wrote:
2013-05-28 05:12:39 -0700

Exactly ive never had a real gf but i just say they dont deserve peopel lole me

youcancallmebacon
youcancallmebacon wrote:
2013-05-28 05:05:11 -0700

Yo, if you get rejected, bounce back up again. I've been turned down time and again, but I just brush it off and move on. Don't wear your heart on your sleeve: rather, lock it within the chambers of your psyche. Power to you.

ben.music
ben.music wrote:
2013-05-21 14:55:55 -0700

I am getting over it and in different circumstances Wink

PrideInWastedYouth_2297646
PrideInWastedYouth_2297646 wrote:
2013-04-30 14:40:31 -0700

Whenever I feel confidence someone always comes and knocks me down.

cutest_gurl_eva
cutest_gurl_eva wrote:
2013-04-16 19:56:22 -0700

personally I wish I was someone else....
all my life people have hurt me and broken me.

DeathInDarkness
DeathInDarkness wrote:
2013-04-13 11:01:32 -0700

I'm about as self confident as an elk trapped in a cage of 2333333333333333 cheetahs.

SilmiS
SilmiS wrote:
2013-04-11 23:32:43 -0700

But, I'm so embarrassed with my friends, even though I believe in myself, but it was only briefly

100%Boricuababy!!
100%Boricuababy!! wrote:
2013-03-26 06:00:43 -0700

I have Self confident c;

Temporarily Alyssa
Temporarily Alyssa wrote:
2013-03-26 04:16:30 -0700

I'm Self Confindent.
All You Do Is Belive In Yourself c:

everythinggoes
everythinggoes wrote:
2013-03-25 22:56:56 -0700

If someone kicks you down pick your brave self up and think "your words and actions don't affect me." say it out loud. Yes its scary I have had it happen to me too. But don't let other people's actions get you down. Keep your head held high.

bambec
bambec wrote:
2013-02-23 20:50:56 -0800

I have the same problem too!!

aprils cool12
aprils cool12 wrote:
2013-02-14 22:01:04 -0800

ya so am i

countryboys
countryboys wrote:
2013-02-14 21:59:36 -0800

im bord

F1022091345875

How Self-Confident Are You?

• I love myself, totally!
  • I am down with me, but there's always room for improvement.
  • So what if I don't fit in? Uniqueness is where it's at, baby!
  • I'd give anything to be someone else.

Micro_confidence micro
Don't let the turkeys get you down... Here are 5 teen-tested, teen approved ways to boost your co...
Micro_shy_micro
shy-as-a-deer asks: "I am a really shy girl. Whenever I have to present a presentation to the cla...
I have a really huge crush on this boy in my class. But he is so much more popular than me. He ju...
I have low self-esteem and my classmates’ teasing doesn’t help. I know I'm not ugly, but no one e...

BadwolfDW
BadwolfDW posted in Friends:
So i  agree with miley15 i think you guys should all meet up and tell them they can't leave or interrupt each other untill the issue is resolved let girl 2 know that the more she askes the less girl 1 will want to be her friend , also tell girl 1 that she shouldn't just run away.  Girl 1 is trying to be friends with girl2 but  i mean they dont need to bff's but they should not make a big deal of each other.
sugarpetals
my parents would be around 7
Pink_Kitty
My parents are very lenient about chores and messing around but they are NOT lenient at all about lying, respect, homework or safety stuff.
miley15
miley15 posted in Friends:
ahaaaa...that's sorta confusing and annoying at the same time...but don't u think if they were really your friends they would listen to u? if they are really interested in being friend with u so tell em that u cannot stand this situation anymore and ask them politely but firmly to try to understand each other...or ur friendship will be ruined...i'm sure talking always solves any problems...
avatar-me
avatar-me posted in Friends:
Ok here's what's going on. Girl1 (my best friend) can't stand girl2 (my other friend). And girl2 wants to be friends with girl1 but girl1 doesn't want to be friends with girl2. And girl2 keeps messaging girl1 and girl1 keeps telling her she doesn't want to be her friend. got you confused yet?  So this is what is making me write this. My best friend said that if I keep hanging around my other friend she will try to be nice. But every time those two are in the same place girl2 asks girl1 why they can't be friends and that just sets girl1 off. And then I have to stop it. I love how my best friend is willing to hang around my other friend for me but I hate how my other friend won't stop bringing up why the two of them can't be friends. No matter how much girl1 and I tell her that girl1 doesn't want to be her friend she keeps asking. I like hanging out with both of them but not at the same time and when I hang out with one and not the other they ask why and I spending more time with the other one then with them. I can't take it anymore!!!  Please help me me before I loose it,              avatar-me