Comments

Dear Dish-it: Should I Quit the Team?

B-Balla asks: Basketball is taking over my life. One of my coaches is really mean and she’s taking all the fun out of the game. I just want to quit so I can have a normal social life, but I’m a starter and everyone would freak out if I quit. I’m especially afraid of how my nice coach will react. Will she hate me? Should I quit? Back to Article

wreastlingfan619
wreastlingfan619 wrote:
2013-06-20 16:04:57 -0700

Hey don't let her get under your skin,

picachoo22
picachoo22 wrote:
2013-05-09 17:47:29 -0700

Never Quit!!!

tankboom10
tankboom10 wrote:
2013-05-09 17:42:54 -0700

No to succeed in life you cant quit

NilNil
NilNil wrote:
2013-04-07 17:16:26 -0700

If you quite then your not going to heaven.

i31direction
i31direction wrote:
2013-04-02 18:31:58 -0700

u cant quit cuz all coaches yell.they all maybe scary but deep down maybe she belives in U.

PrincessSab
PrincessSab wrote:
2013-03-04 00:19:13 -0800

U Cant Quit cuz first u have to try & be strong
one thing to do just belive yourself .

superstar5001
superstar5001 wrote:
2013-03-02 08:22:19 -0800

keep on going

PrinzezzJanz
PrinzezzJanz wrote:
2013-03-02 08:13:49 -0800

U can't just quit coz u have to try

jasmine999
jasmine999 wrote:
2013-03-02 05:52:39 -0800

u should not quit u should keep on trying and be stron just belive in yourself smile

basketballpirate12
basketballpirate12 wrote:
2013-02-16 23:37:40 -0800

Don't quit the team ik how u feel I'm on my team I play power forward coach is always yelling at me

youngdiva98
youngdiva98 wrote:
2013-02-14 12:37:01 -0800

Well in real life,you have to deal with stuff like that.Its always going to be someone taking the fun out ofyour job, friends,and family social life.So no,dont quit the team.smile

youngdiva98
youngdiva98 wrote:
2013-02-14 12:36:51 -0800

Swankyboy777
Swankyboy777 wrote:
2013-02-13 15:40:42 -0800

Don't quit it shows your weak and tired and your cant take very much. Unless you have an excuse then quit. Quitting only shows weakness and it shows the mean coach she won

Swankyboy777
Swankyboy777 wrote:
2013-02-13 15:39:50 -0800

IAmAwesome1224
IAmAwesome1224 wrote:
2013-02-10 14:45:17 -0800

Stand up to the couch and tell her the truth that she's sucking the fun out of it and quit

coolgirl3003
coolgirl3003 wrote:
2013-02-10 10:27:15 -0800

Do. What ever ur heart tells u

superstar_02
superstar_02 wrote:
2013-02-09 23:53:06 -0800

QUIT!!!!!!!!Doing what you love doesnt require getting fused at.you can still play.maybe just not as an organized team.

Your nice coach would not be mad at you.infact,she/he will probaly understand.

TGirl

EmraldBeagle31
EmraldBeagle31 wrote:
2013-02-04 15:59:21 -0800

or maybe play after school with friends!

EmraldBeagle31
EmraldBeagle31 wrote:
2013-02-04 15:58:39 -0800

I luv basketball to! and i have had mean coaches in the past. just try to understand them!

EmraldBeagle31
EmraldBeagle31 wrote:
2013-02-04 15:58:11 -0800

Space_jam_poll

What's Your Fave Basketball Movie?

• Space Jam
  • Like Mike
  • Air Bud
  • Eddie

Micro_a m
It's time to start talking basketball again! Wanna learn how to shoot the perfect jumper? Shootin...
Micro_a m
It's time for a new sport to be invented and as the youngest generation, it's your job to be crea...
Micro_a mic
Summertime sports are a great way to have fun and play outside in the sunshine. Maybe the ONLY ba...
Micro_a micro
Question by CaptainConfused: So, I am the captain of a JV girl's basketball team this year. It's ...

american_brit
american_brit posted in Friends:
Hi Jaera!      sisihastwobunnies is right. It's perfectly fine for you to have a crush, but you're a little young for a "love life." Don't worry though! Someday, if it's meant to be (Ha ^-^) you'll find the one who's just right for you. Until then, it's great to have good guy friends -and in years to come if one of those friendships develop into something more, then props to you (:  Future advice: You have to understand that feelings aren't always mutual. You may like someone and they'll see you only as a friend -or vice versa.  THIS IS OKAY.  It may hurt, but that's just proof that you'll have to move on. Something better is ahead,  you simply haven't gotten there yet (: Having patience can be hard, but it's worth it. Good luck! -And I hoped this helped!                                    Wishing you the best,                                             american_brit ^-^
hugebear
hugebear posted in Family Issues:
I want to own a pony  You want to own a pony it was dirty and smelly  All animals has their own unique smell and its how animals smell. You was feeling ill so it could of smelt even worse I felt low in the class You was ill and its understandable that you was feeling awful I feel really nervous about going tomorrow for a proper riding day. Me suggestion is to ask the stables for the horse you would feel more comfortables riding I think it's 8 hours 15 minutes!  I knows you think there wont be breaks but there will be and probably about every hour or so.  Dont worry about this. Yay you got all jodphurs and boots and your all set. Me suggestion is go along tomorrow and relax and enjoy it.  Sure it does costs money to go there but your parents wouldnt be organising it if they hadnt got the money to pay.  If you doesnt like it after you tried it then say you dont wanna go again. It does sounds epical though and good luck for tomorrow  :angel
ElfyKathy
I went to own a pony day but I got the start of a short illness and I was scared and it was dirty and smelly and I felt low in the class but I was oldest on the biggest horse and now I feel really nervous about going tomorrow for a proper riding day. I think it's 8 hours 15 minutes! That's like, school with no break or lunch and four extra lessons! I acted excited cause I got rosettes and lollies and mum took me out for jodpurs and boots but now I feel a bit sick and tight and wobbly even though it was fun on wednesday and I have 3 sort of friends there already and the horse I rode, Bob, was great! Mum's in Wales and having a nice time so I don't want to dull her and I talked to Dad but he said 'don't worry I don't know what mum will think sorry'. I don't want to say no or quit later on cause: I'll feel bad to Bob The stables is just up the road so when I see the owner (who's real nice to me) or the instructor (who's at my school) I'll feel bad for saying no I don't want to join you I feel like mum will be disappointed cause she used to adore riding and had 2 horses and a pony I always begged to ride since I was 3 and so it's been over a decade! It costs cash. Cash, cash, cash. From mum and dad's pockets. Cash.
american_brit
american_brit posted in Friends:
"noordinarygirl" wrote: Have you ever heard the saying, "Life is not about finding yourself, but creating yourself"? You already have traits, quirks, gifts, and talents put in you by God, and you just need to "put yourself out there" to discover what they are and what you can do with them. Don't worry so much about knowing who you are right now, you'll find that out in time. Just try to become the best you can be with what you have." Exactly ^-^ I don't think I could explain it any better. "_ALizB_" wrote:So pretty much what y'all are saying is, give it time?  Basically. Take time to learn about yourself. *What do you like to do? *What're dreams? *What're you scared of? *What makes you laugh? *What upsets you? *Are you happy? Why or why not? *What would you like to change? Can you? If so, what're you going to do about it? *Etcetera *Etcetera Life's a time to ask questions. You have to understand though, it doesn't always offer clear answers -but they're there; not always easily seen, but always there.
hugebear
hugebear posted in Friends:
Ello and Im sorry for saying this but from what you has said so far you hardly knows either of them.  You like them cos of how they look. Me advise is get to know both of them and be the friends first and see what happens if something happens and how your feelings evolves. Take your time and good luck :) :love