Comments

Top 5 Authors Under 30

These five young authors prove you don’t have to be old to write a good book! Check out Kidzworld’s list of Top 5 Authors Under 30. Back to Article

indymindywuvsyew
indymindywuvsyew wrote:
2014-04-06 11:13:02 -0700

Best book eva Love

JennyD
JennyD wrote:
2013-08-08 13:07:57 -0700

surprisingly I haven't heard of any of the

yaverleaf11
yaverleaf11 wrote:
2013-08-08 11:49:43 -0700

I'm an author...ish...I like to write, but I haven't published any books yet.

lynners
lynners wrote:
2013-07-18 14:51:02 -0700

to tell you the truth i do not really like to read

Evea
Evea wrote:
2013-07-05 15:47:25 -0700

"These five young authors prove you don’t have to be old to write a good book!" It's funny how it seems as if this article is trying to prove the opposite, oh my god. I honestly can't stop laughing. All of the books (besides between the lines because I haven't read it) are terrible.

Chris the awesome

fuzzfuzz23 wrote:
2013-03-27 08:32:36 -0700

what talent to get a book published under 30! smile

rockerlover
rockerlover wrote:
2013-03-22 13:26:29 -0700

thats amazing how people can write a book under 30 u can do anything if u put your mind 2 it

milifeska8

anabee78 wrote:
2013-02-20 16:06:46 -0800

i like Verinica Roth

-Mockingjay.
-Mockingjay. wrote:
2013-02-20 16:03:47 -0800

Christopher Paolini, Elizabeth Rose.

mon135
mon135 wrote:
2013-02-20 15:22:39 -0800

What about Christopher Paolini?

Sportygurl
Sportygurl wrote:
2013-02-20 15:21:22 -0800

I am already an author just not that popular

Midapops
Midapops wrote:
2013-02-20 14:36:37 -0800

Hey, i want to be an author when i grow up. I am making my own book once its finished i will publish it on my blog and if you want to read it send me a message. smile

Poll-booklover

As a book lover, what would be your ideal gift?

• A signed, first edition copy of my favorite novel.
  • Can't have enough bookends!
  • A gift card to my favorite book store!
  • Book accessories! (ex. Book jewelry, book purse, bookmark, book iPhone case, etc).

Micro_topteenbooksfor2012-micro
There's nothing better than curling up by the fire with a good book. If you're looking for recomm...
Micro_micro_writing
November is Novel Writing Month where thousands of people write millions of words. It’s a time wh...
Micro_harry potter-micro
Before lots of your favorite movies hit the big screen, they were best-selling books. Check out t...
Micro_teen_read_week-micro
On October 17, YALSA is celebrating Teen Read Week 2012 with a Tweet-a-thon. Find out how you can...

Random in the forums

Teh_Skittlez
Teh_Skittlez posted in Debating:
"Taidoku" wrote:it's wrong because society made it wrong how authoritarian
Boysrock50
Boysrock50 posted in General:
the junior mods and other debaters/regular forum posters
Teh_Skittlez
Teh_Skittlez posted in Debating:
"kingofdisaster_" wrote:I think they do. I feel like if I say they don't, they'll attack me. Well. They haven't attacked me yet.
Teh_Skittlez
Teh_Skittlez posted in Debating:
"AlphaT" wrote: "Teh_Skittlez" wrote: "AlphaT" wrote: "Teh_Skittlez" wrote: Ghosts require more explanation than they provide answers Elaborate? Are you saying that they require more effort than they can give back, or that they hold more mystery than knowledge? There's some phenomena that goes unexplained. But that's the important part, we don't have an explanation. By using ghosts as a solution, we are making unexplained assumptions, you're just displacing your lack of explanation onto the ghost, rather than the event itself. And that's the other part, I haven't heard any physics based woo-free explanation for a disembodied intelligence that lacks a physical body but manages to interact with the physical world. So, for me it's basic Occam's razor. The more complicated answer could be true, but until we have evidence to support the assumptions made it's best to go with the simpler hypotheses that operate within the framework we already have.      First off, I do not believe in ghosts. But, why does this entity have to be intelligent? Why can't be some type of unknown energetic remnant of a past life that's being harbored in a given location? Also, how is nothing simpler than a hypothesis? Admitting to not having an explanation is not a bad thing, especially when you don't have one. There's nothing wrong with saying you haven't been convinced of any particular hypothesis so far, and therefore it remains unexplained to you. You aren't saying it was nothing, you're saying you don't know what it was.  How would we measure this remnant energy of a past life? How many joules should we expect to see? The reason we presume cognizance is because people asserting hypotheses about ghosts often assume that these spirits interact with the world and possess some understanding of cause and effect.
ChickenGoPowPow