Make-up Tips: How to Carmindize Your Face
What Not To Wear's Carmindy Bowyer has found the make-up secrets that can give everyone a fresh, healthy, glowing face. Using her clever techniques, Kidzworld teaches you how to "Carmindize" your face!
The truth is, no matter who you are, you don't need a lot of make-up to look good. You just need to know how use it properly. On What Not To Wear, make-up artist Carmindy teaches women how to use make-up to enhance their natural beauty. So no more hiding behind thick layers of cover up or raccoon eyes. It's time to highlight, brighten and luminize the beauty you were born with by "Carmindizing" your face.
On the show, Carmindy uses her own make-up line - Sally Hansen: Natural Beauty, Inspired by Carmindy. You can find her line on Amazon.com or at CVS, Ulta and Shoppers Drug Mart. But you can also follow her basic steps using your own make-up.
How to Carmindize Your Face
- Apply Airbrush Spray Make-up Foundation using a non-latex sponge. Dab it everywhere, including your eyelids, under eyes and neck to create an even complexion.
- Using your finger, dab the Fast-Fix Concealer All-Over Brightener under and on the outside edge of your eyes to correct dark circles or discoloration.
- The key to Carmindizing is applying the lighter shade in the Natural Highlight duel-color palette to three specific areas: along the top of your cheekbone, just beneath your eyebrow and on the inside corner of your eyes. This will give you the bright and healthy glow that Carmindy is famous for creating.
- Set the Foundation and Highlights using a line layer of translucent powder. This will also help to eliminate unwanted shine.
- Using your fingers, apply a light layer of the Sheerest Cream Blush to the apples of your cheeks.
From Day to Evening
To bring your look from day to evening, you can add color to your eyes. Use the Instant Definition Eye Shadow Palette to both brighten and darken the eye.
- Start by highlighting your upper cheekbone, beneath your brow and the inside corner of your eye using the lightest color.
- Smooth the medium shade across your eyelid.
- Using the same shade, smudge a thin line beneath your lower lash line (in place of eyeliner) to make your eyes pop.
- Using the darkest shade, sweep it into the crease of your eyelid.
- To add more drama, take an eyeliner pencil and make small dashes along your upper lash line.
- Smooth the eyeliner with an angle brush or your finger.
- Add mascara by holding the brush vertically instead of horizontally, and apply it to your outer lashes.
- Finish off the look by adding a bright lip gloss.
Bonus Make-up Tips
- Tip #1: Make sure to keep your face balanced. If your eye make-up is dark and smoky, balance your look by adding a light or clear gloss. If your eyes are light, choose a bold color for your lips.
- Top #2: If you have thin or blotchy eyebrows, fill them in with an eyebrow corrector.
Have Your Say
Have anymore make-up tips and tricks? Tell us in our comment section below!