Comments

Science: Sun Facts!

We all enjoy the sun in the summer, but how much do you really know about that ball of fire in the sky? Check out these Sun Facts! Back to Article

rithma

thread wrote:
2013-09-07 06:52:36 -0700

dude i feel bad 4 u wht teacher gives a test on da first day of school

EmoSkittleGirl
EmoSkittleGirl wrote:
2013-08-30 18:10:13 -0700

Yeah.. this will help me when school start.. cause I got a test on the first day of school :P

InnerInspiration
InnerInspiration wrote:
2013-08-25 02:57:21 -0700

Awesome!

summerguy
summerguy wrote:
2013-08-16 18:16:28 -0700

I think you should have made it more interesting!!!

marshmallo125
marshmallo125 wrote:
2013-07-30 04:15:52 -0700

thx you helped me learn a new subject

yeukaitamia
yeukaitamia wrote:
2013-07-23 18:12:18 -0700

I only didn't know one of these

ThatPerson123
ThatPerson123 wrote:
2013-07-15 18:32:24 -0700

I know! At least it will live longer than hypergiants...

snoopy430
snoopy430 wrote:
2013-07-14 14:23:02 -0700

i already knew half this stuff

Astrobob
Astrobob wrote:
2013-06-24 21:30:10 -0700

Too bad the sun will be gone in 4-5 billion years.

ayiana1
ayiana1 wrote:
2013-06-20 15:31:15 -0700

this is awesome

nikeyvian
nikeyvian wrote:
2013-06-16 15:43:47 -0700

I like the sun the way it is

nikeyvian

interesting.

Beautyofheaven
Beautyofheaven wrote:
2013-06-13 21:48:23 -0700

hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Poll-sun1

How Much Time Do You Spend Outdoors?

• None - I keep it cool inside.
  • Half the day I'm inside, half the day I'm outside.
  • I spend most of the day outside.
  • 24/7, baby!

Micro_summer-micro
Add some chic finishing touches to your summer wardrobe with our pick of the best must-have sun a...
Micro_party-micro
Summer parties are joyous opportunities to have fun, eat potato salad, hot dogs and ice cream and...
Micro_micro_highsnobiety
How to find the right style sunglasses for your face shape.
Did you know it takes light only 8 minutes to travel from the Sun to the Earth - but 176 years to...

Random in the forums

Teh_Skittlez
Teh_Skittlez posted in Debating:
"Taidoku" wrote:it's wrong because society made it wrong how authoritarian
Boysrock50
Boysrock50 posted in General:
the junior mods and other debaters/regular forum posters
Teh_Skittlez
Teh_Skittlez posted in Debating:
"kingofdisaster_" wrote:I think they do. I feel like if I say they don't, they'll attack me. Well. They haven't attacked me yet.
Teh_Skittlez
Teh_Skittlez posted in Debating:
"AlphaT" wrote: "Teh_Skittlez" wrote: "AlphaT" wrote: "Teh_Skittlez" wrote: Ghosts require more explanation than they provide answers Elaborate? Are you saying that they require more effort than they can give back, or that they hold more mystery than knowledge? There's some phenomena that goes unexplained. But that's the important part, we don't have an explanation. By using ghosts as a solution, we are making unexplained assumptions, you're just displacing your lack of explanation onto the ghost, rather than the event itself. And that's the other part, I haven't heard any physics based woo-free explanation for a disembodied intelligence that lacks a physical body but manages to interact with the physical world. So, for me it's basic Occam's razor. The more complicated answer could be true, but until we have evidence to support the assumptions made it's best to go with the simpler hypotheses that operate within the framework we already have.      First off, I do not believe in ghosts. But, why does this entity have to be intelligent? Why can't be some type of unknown energetic remnant of a past life that's being harbored in a given location? Also, how is nothing simpler than a hypothesis? Admitting to not having an explanation is not a bad thing, especially when you don't have one. There's nothing wrong with saying you haven't been convinced of any particular hypothesis so far, and therefore it remains unexplained to you. You aren't saying it was nothing, you're saying you don't know what it was.  How would we measure this remnant energy of a past life? How many joules should we expect to see? The reason we presume cognizance is because people asserting hypotheses about ghosts often assume that these spirits interact with the world and possess some understanding of cause and effect.
ChickenGoPowPow