Comments

Science: Sun Facts!

We all enjoy the sun in the summer, but how much do you really know about that ball of fire in the sky? Check out these Sun Facts! Back to Article

rithma

thread wrote:
2013-09-07 06:52:36 -0700

dude i feel bad 4 u wht teacher gives a test on da first day of school

EmoSkittleGirl
EmoSkittleGirl wrote:
2013-08-30 18:10:13 -0700

Yeah.. this will help me when school start.. cause I got a test on the first day of school :P

InnerInspiration
InnerInspiration wrote:
2013-08-25 02:57:21 -0700

Awesome!

summerguy
summerguy wrote:
2013-08-16 18:16:28 -0700

I think you should have made it more interesting!!!

marshmallo125
marshmallo125 wrote:
2013-07-30 04:15:52 -0700

thx you helped me learn a new subject

yeukaitamia
yeukaitamia wrote:
2013-07-23 18:12:18 -0700

I only didn't know one of these

ThatPerson123
ThatPerson123 wrote:
2013-07-15 18:32:24 -0700

I know! At least it will live longer than hypergiants...

snoopy430
snoopy430 wrote:
2013-07-14 14:23:02 -0700

i already knew half this stuff

Astrobob
Astrobob wrote:
2013-06-24 21:30:10 -0700

Too bad the sun will be gone in 4-5 billion years.

ayiana1
ayiana1 wrote:
2013-06-20 15:31:15 -0700

this is awesome

nikeyvian
nikeyvian wrote:
2013-06-16 15:43:47 -0700

I like the sun the way it is

nikeyvian

interesting.

Beautyofheaven
Beautyofheaven wrote:
2013-06-13 21:48:23 -0700

hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Poll-sun1

How Much Time Do You Spend Outdoors?

• None - I keep it cool inside.
  • Half the day I'm inside, half the day I'm outside.
  • I spend most of the day outside.
  • 24/7, baby!

Micro_summer-micro
Add some chic finishing touches to your summer wardrobe with our pick of the best must-have sun a...
Micro_party-micro
Summer parties are joyous opportunities to have fun, eat potato salad, hot dogs and ice cream and...
Micro_micro_highsnobiety
How to find the right style sunglasses for your face shape.
Did you know it takes light only 8 minutes to travel from the Sun to the Earth - but 176 years to...

Random in the forums

Teh_Skittlez
Teh_Skittlez posted in Debating:
"american_brit" wrote: "Pokemaster235" wrote: YES! WE women have been neglected for too long!!! I wouldn't necessarily say that. The fight for women's rights has gone on and those for feminist  rights seem to have won. Sure, there is no way to fully promote equal rights, but when it comes to women's place in society -at least in places such as the United States and European countries and in many other regions- it's been on a more leveled playing field with men.  So here? Here where I am? I'm satisfied. I don't believe that women's rights have been neglected. In some ways, they're held above those of men. But out there? Beyond the borders of my "humble" dwelling, there are some problems. Women are abused and seen as lesser. (I'm trying to put this in nicer terms. I don't think it's working... :/)  I think we need to work on fixing those, instead of complaining about how we're deprived as our rights. Because honestly? We have no idea how bad it is.  Sorry,  I went on a mini tangent.  I think your tangent was very good. You seem to have a pretty solid grasp of the situation, and you also are capable of expressing it well. Great post, great job.
reply about 1 hour
KittehFace
KittehFace posted in Debating:
Why do you think that drama shouldn't stop? Don't you come in the chat room clueless about what's going on, the only fact you know currently is that drama is going on? Hmm....odd opinion, I think it should stop because most of the drama that happens on here is just petty and pathetic.
reply about 1 hour
american_brit
american_brit posted in Debating:
"catseli" wrote:I think that people should respect other people who are wiser than you. For example a 10 year old should respect a 11 year old but that 10 year old has to respect a grandpa because the grandpa is smarter and wiser than the 10 year old. I don't believe respect should be based off of level of intelligence or wisdom.  Also, age doesn't play a factor in how "smart" a person is. It does affect how much experience someone may have in the world though, thus more knowledge gained... (: But knowledge is not equivalent to sagacity. Honestly, I'm not sure if this makes any sense. I'm tired and I'm going to be going to bed soon. I'll have to check this out later. Thanks! Goodnight!
reply about 1 hour
american_brit
american_brit posted in Debating:
"AlphaT" wrote:Yes, but not the kind of respect you are thinking of. A 10 year old should respect a 30 year old in a way of authority, but a 10 year old should respect an 11 year old in a way of respecting a peer. (Sometimes I find technology really irritating :annoyed. Like now. Here goes my third attempt of posting. Yay...) Agreed. Not to say that a 30 year old deserves more respect, but it should be displayed differently. The ways I respect my mom and my two year old neighbor, for example, are both distinct -but it's respect all the same. Everyone deserves respect (Gosh I feel redundant), but is should be presented in a way that's unique to the individual.
reply about 1 hour
american_brit
american_brit posted in Debating:
"Pokemaster235" wrote:YES! WE women have been neglected for too long!!! I wouldn't necessarily say that. The fight for women's rights has gone on and those for feminist  rights seem to have won. Sure, there is no way to fully promote equal rights, but when it comes to women's place in society -at least in places such as the United States and European countries and in many other regions- it's been on a more leveled playing field with men.  So here? Here where I am? I'm satisfied. I don't believe that women's rights have been neglected. In some ways, they're held above those of men. But out there? Beyond the borders of my "humble" dwelling, there are some problems. Women are abused and seen as lesser. (I'm trying to put this in nicer terms. I don't think it's working... :/)  I think we need to work on fixing those, instead of complaining about how we're deprived as our rights. Because honestly? We have no idea how bad it is.  Sorry,  I went on a mini tangent.