Aedin Mincks Q&A
KW: How old are you and where are you from?
- Aedin: 12 and a half and I was basically raised here in California.
KW: What made you interested in becoming an actor?
- Aedin: I love movies like Lord of The Rings and Star Wars. My brother actually wanted to become an actor and when I saw him meeting with agents it kind of fell into place- they all wanted to meet with me as well and the rest is history.
KW: How do you relate to your character, Angus, in A.N.T. Farm?
- Aedin: I think I am funny and fearless like he is. I am not as good as him with computers although I would like to be.
KW: What has been your favorite A.N.T Farm episode so far and why?
- Aedin: That’s a tough one. We have so many great writers on the show - it’s hard to pick a favorite episode, I would have to say Season 3 has been great- it has been my favorite season.
KW: Are you friends with any members of the cast off-set?
- Aedin: I am friends with all of the cast members but I hang out with Sierra McCormick off set mostly. Our families have become great friends.
KW: You've appeared in some movies with big name stars, did you ever feel star struck?
- Aedin:I was super excited when I met Seth Macfarlane, Mark Wahlberg, Mila Kunis and Giovanni Ribisi working on Ted. But, I didn’t know what “star struck” meant until John Rhys Davies pulled up on set to work on an independent film I worked on last year. Words were not coming out right and I felt very nervous -which never happens.
KW: What are some of your hobbies?
- Aedin: I am really into the Ranger’s Apprentice books by John Flanagan. I love anything to do with Medieval period. I like going to the archery range and shooting my bow and arrows. I also like jumping on my trampoline, riding my bike, fishing and swimming and cooking.
KW: We hear you're interested in food issues and are vegetarian, can you tell us a little bit about why?
- Aedin: I actually am not a vegetarian but eating whole, healthy, organic foods is important to me. I do have vegetables be the main portion in my food choices now. If I do eat meat, it is organic and grass fed- but mostly I eat organic vegetables, fruit and fish. I try to avoid sugar (I don’t drink sodas ever) and do my best to avoid GMO’s (genetically modified foods that are dangerous to your health and the environment)
KW: What kind of projects do you hope to work on in the future?
- Aedin: Star Wars or a Lord of the Rings movie or something like that.
KW: Which actors do you look up to the most?
- Aedin: I think Johnny Depp is cool because he transforms into his characters so well.
- Animal: Bulldogs
- Movie: Lord of the Rings
- Snack: Carrots and Majestic Raw Vegan Garlic Dip and Hummus
- Sport: Hockey
Have Your Say
Do you watch A.N.T Farm? Let us know in the comments section below!