Aedin Mincks Q&A
Aedin Mincks plays Angus Chestnut on A.N.T. Farm
KW: How old are you and where are you from?
- Aedin: 12 and a half and I was basically raised here in California.
KW: What made you interested in becoming an actor?
- Aedin: I love movies like Lord of The Rings and Star Wars. My brother actually wanted to become an actor and when I saw him meeting with agents it kind of fell into place- they all wanted to meet with me as well and the rest is history.
KW: How do you relate to your character, Angus, in A.N.T. Farm?
- Aedin: I think I am funny and fearless like he is. I am not as good as him with computers although I would like to be.
KW: What has been your favorite A.N.T Farm episode so far and why?
- Aedin: That’s a tough one. We have so many great writers on the show - it’s hard to pick a favorite episode, I would have to say Season 3 has been great- it has been my favorite season.
KW: Are you friends with any members of the cast off-set?
- Aedin: I am friends with all of the cast members but I hang out with Sierra McCormick off set mostly. Our families have become great friends.
Sierra McCormick and Aedin Mincks
Courtesy of Disney
KW: You've appeared in some movies with big name stars, did you ever feel star struck?
- Aedin:I was super excited when I met Seth Macfarlane, Mark Wahlberg, Mila Kunis and Giovanni Ribisi working on Ted. But, I didn’t know what “star struck” meant until John Rhys Davies pulled up on set to work on an independent film I worked on last year. Words were not coming out right and I felt very nervous -which never happens.
KW: What are some of your hobbies?
- Aedin: I am really into the Ranger’s Apprentice books by John Flanagan. I love anything to do with Medieval period. I like going to the archery range and shooting my bow and arrows. I also like jumping on my trampoline, riding my bike, fishing and swimming and cooking.
KW: We hear you're interested in food issues and are vegetarian, can you tell us a little bit about why?
- Aedin: I actually am not a vegetarian but eating whole, healthy, organic foods is important to me. I do have vegetables be the main portion in my food choices now. If I do eat meat, it is organic and grass fed- but mostly I eat organic vegetables, fruit and fish. I try to avoid sugar (I don’t drink sodas ever) and do my best to avoid GMO’s (genetically modified foods that are dangerous to your health and the environment)
A.N.T. Farm kicked off Season 3 on May 31st, 2013
Courtesy of Disney
KW: What kind of projects do you hope to work on in the future?
- Aedin: Star Wars or a Lord of the Rings movie or something like that.
KW: Which actors do you look up to the most?
- Aedin: I think Johnny Depp is cool because he transforms into his characters so well.
- Animal: Bulldogs
- Movie: Lord of the Rings
- Snack: Carrots and Majestic Raw Vegan Garlic Dip and Hummus
- Sport: Hockey
Have Your Say
Do you watch A.N.T Farm? Let us know in the comments section below!