Beyoncé Fun Facts!
R&B super star Beyoncé Knowles-Carter has been topping the charts for over a decade, and is considered one of the most beautiful women in music, check out these Beyonce Fun Facts!
Beyoncé with her Grammy
Beyoncé is the face of H Courtesy of H
Jay-Z and Beyoncé in the stands
Did You Know...
- Her full name is Beyoncé Giselle Knowles-Carter
- Beyoncé was born in Houston, Texas
- Her mother Tina is Louisiana Creole, meaning her heritage is French, Irish, African and Native American, she is the direct descendant of Acadian leader Joseph Broussard
- Beyoncé was named after he mother's maiden name
- Beyoncé's singing talent was discovered at the age of 8 in a dance class, when her teacher was singing a song and she finished it hitting all the high notes
- At 8 she also met her future Destiny's child band mates Kelly Rowland and LaTavia Robertson in an audition, they were placed with three other girls as part of the all-girl group Girl's Tyme
- She was an ambassador for World Humanitarian Day in 2012
- Her father was a Xerox sales manager, but in 1995 he quit his job to help his daughter and her singing group with their careers (by this time they were Destiny's Child)
- She once won a school singing competition with John Lennon's "Imagine"
- Beyoncé suffered from depression for two years, but didn't share it with the media since it was around the time that DC won their Grammy
- She starred in MTV's Carmen: A Hip Hopera - based on the French opera Carmen
- She played Foxxy Cleopatra, a 70s bombshell, in Austin Powers in Goldmember
- On April 4th, 2008 she married her rapper/record producer boyfriend Jay-Z
- Her first solo album was Dangerously in Love
- her sister Solange is also a singer and songwriter
- Beyoncé's pregnancy announcement earned the Guinness World Book of Records title for most tweets per second
- Her daughter Blue Ivy Carter was born January 7th 2012
- She has starred in several movies, including playing the legendary Etta James in Cadillac Records (2008), The Fighting Temptations (2003), Carmen: A Hip Hopera (2001), Dreamgirls (2006), and The Pink Panther (2006)
- Beyoncé and Jay-Z are friends with President Barack Obama
- Beyoncé's voice is categorized as a mezzo-soprano
- In September 2010 she was named "The World's Most Beautiful Woman" by People magazine
- As a solo artist she has sold over 13 million albums in the US
- She and her mother started a clothing line called The House of Dereon (the name comes from her grandmother's name - Agnes Dereon).
- Beyoncé was the face of H&M for summer 2013
- She plays the voice of Queen Tara in the animated film Epic.
- In 2013 Queen Bey released her "secret" album Beyoncé (secret as in she didn't have any press or tell any fans she was working on it!) The album was a combined musical and visual effort that gained tons of praise.
- According to MTV, by the end of 2014 she was the highest paid African American musician in history
- After a video was discovered by TMZ of Bey's sister Solange kicking Jay-Z in an elevator they all rode together, their were many speculations the couple weren't as happy as reported - but they stayed together
- In 2014 she was ranked #1 on the Forbes Celebrity 100 List
- She was nominated for 6 awards at the 2015 Grammy Awards - and she won three: Best R & B performance, Best R & B Song ("Drunk in Love"), and Best Surround Sound Album for Beyoncé
Have Your Say
What do you think of Beyoncé? Let us know!