Beyoncé Fun Facts!
R&B super star Beyoncé Knowles-Carter has been topping the charts for over a decade, and is considered one of the most beautiful women in music, check out these Beyonce Fun Facts!
Did You Know...
- Her full name is Beyoncé Giselle Carter-Knowles
- Beyoncé was born in Houston, Texas
- Her mother Tina is Louisiana Creole, meaning her heritage is French, Irish, African and Native American, she is the direct descendant of Acadian leader Joseph Broussard
- Beyoncé was named after he mother's maiden name
- Beyoncé's singing talent was discovered at the age of 8 in a dance class, when her teacher was singing a song and she finished it hitting all the high notes
- At 8 she also met her future Destiny's child band mates Kelly Rowland and LaTavia Robertson in an audition, they were placed with three other girls as part of the all-girl group Girl's Tyme
- She was an ambassador for World Humanitarian Day in 2012
- Her father was a Xerox sales manager, but in 1995 he quit his job to help his daughter and her singing group with their careers (by this time they were Destiny's Child)
- She once won a school singing competition with John Lennon's "Imagine"
- Beyoncé suffered from depression for two years, but didn't share it with the media since it was around the time that DC won their Grammy
- She starred in MTV's Carmen: A Hip Hopera - based on the French opera Carmen
- She played Foxxy Cleopatra, a 70s bombshell, in Austin Powers in Goldmember
- On April 4th, 2008 she married her rapper/record producer boyfriend Jay-Z
- Her first solo album was Dangerously in Love
- her sister Solange is also a singer and songwriter
- Beyoncé's pregnancy announcement earned the Guinness World Book of Records title for most tweets per second
- Her daughter Blue Ivy Carter was born January 7th 2012
Beyoncé with daughter Blue Ivy
- Beyoncé and Jay-Z are friends with President Barack Obama
- Beyoncé's voice is categorized as a mezzo-soprano
- In September 2010 she was named The World's Most Beautiful Woman by People magazine
- As a solo artist she has sold over 13 million albums in the US
- She and her mother started a clothing line called The House of Dereon (the name comes from her grandmother's name - Agnes Dereon).
- Beyoncé is the face of H&M for summer 2013
- She plays the voice of Queen Tara in the new animated film Epic.
Jay-Z and Beyoncé vacationing
Have Your Say
What do you think of Beyoncé? Let us know!