Comments

Dear Dish-it: Breaking a Bad Habit

Thumb Sucker asks: I have sucked my thumb ever since I was little. Now I'm going into 6th grade and I still suck my thumb! Whenever I'm not sucking it I'm eating and I'm starting to get worried because my teeth are starting to push out. Please help! Back to Article

crazy 1D
crazy 1D wrote:
2014-03-22 15:25:18 -0700

my brother used to but then he got this thing he wore overnight and now he dosnt at all

Ismstser
Ismstser wrote:
2014-01-04 09:11:27 -0800

I always suck my thumb and it pushed my teeth to buck out but I love it so much that I dont carre and it just makes it fit better any way so I wont stop ever. I got a friend to do it to.

carlyo
carlyo wrote:
2013-12-14 11:45:16 -0800

nail bitting ugh! have like no nails gunna try hair spray& perfume !

Crystal4028
Crystal4028 wrote:
2013-12-02 13:43:13 -0800

i still suck my thumb to i hope to stop soon

SelenaNeon
SelenaNeon wrote:
2013-12-02 03:18:42 -0800

I stopped by putting my hands behind me when I layed down. I did the nail polish thing and my dad would put vinegar on my thumbs to make it taste bad. (but I kind of liked the taste so it didn't work for me but maybe you don't like it?), I also put band-aids on both of my thumbs. I realized a thing that helped was keeping my hands busy. That's what I did to stop.

gerballuv2002
gerballuv2002 wrote:
2013-11-12 20:29:05 -0800

Im a huge nail bitting person I hope to stop soon.

Nerdalox
Nerdalox wrote:
2013-10-19 23:21:59 -0700

I bite my nails when I get stressed...

Willowpaws
Willowpaws wrote:
2013-10-17 06:01:56 -0700

Me too Frustrated this article didnt help me. I do this thing, where I sleep at night at uncontiencely at take my things off, like putting tape over my nail, and taking off my glove. I have been to the O. And they gave me a head gear. That help me contol my thumb sucking to night only.

EmoSkittleGirl
EmoSkittleGirl wrote:
2013-09-19 14:25:40 -0700

My sister is a thumb sucker not me smile

EmoSkittleGirl
EmoSkittleGirl wrote:
2013-09-19 14:25:14 -0700

I have to sleep with my Ac on.. Don't Laugh!

beautygrl12
beautygrl12 wrote:
2013-09-15 19:33:26 -0700

This is OCD it's science yay but it shard to berak a habit trust me I bean there done that

gracejane56
gracejane56 wrote:
2013-09-13 11:39:47 -0700

I have the exact same problem! im 13 for gods sake, but I think im getting out of the habbit naturally as hav not been doing it as much lately...

Ellamy
Ellamy wrote:
2013-08-26 07:01:42 -0700

I had the same problem since i was a baby i sucked my thumg , not a biinkie. So .. One day my cousins came over and i still was sucking my thumb i was 8 . So i said " i can't let them find out i suck
My thumb. They stayed for a week. So the first night i sucked it but the bext one and the folowing i stopped. And now i never suck it . To stop the best thing for you is to think somebody is with you , and that u can not suck it to it for a week or so then u will find out your thumb suck free !!

PInkpink_
PInkpink_ wrote:
2013-08-26 05:30:48 -0700

Tongue Out I'd to suck lollipop. instead

gap8747
gap8747 wrote:
2013-08-26 05:09:07 -0700

Put on nail polish so u wont be tempted to suck because nail polish doesnt taste good

doggirl123
doggirl123 wrote:
2013-08-25 19:49:03 -0700

try not to suck ur thum

jjz98
jjz98 wrote:
2013-08-25 16:36:54 -0700

It's bad to suck your thum

PrincessDiva19
PrincessDiva19 wrote:
2013-08-25 16:34:13 -0700

put tape on your thumbs I do that to stop my nail biting

AtrumVesica_2393073
AtrumVesica_2393073 wrote:
2013-08-12 13:24:45 -0700

Cut of both your thumbs :P problem solved

stayawaystalker
stayawaystalker wrote:
2013-08-12 13:20:30 -0700

put ductape on your thumbs! not at school though. before you go to school put nail polish on them.

Poll-badhabit

What's your bad habit?

• Procrastinating (waiting until the last minute to get things done)
  • Nail-biting
  • Lying
  • Forgetting to Brush Your Teeth

Micro_deardish-sleep-micro
Sleepy asks: I have gotten into the habit of watching Youtube on my iPad or a movie on my portabl...
Micro_deardish-sweaty-micro
Sweaty asks: I have a sweating problem. Even if I keep my arms down for a short while, I sweat A ...
Micro_nails_micro
mommy's little girl asks: "My mom told me unless I stop biting my nails I won't get anything for ...
Micro_nose_micro
MP asks: "I still pick my nose and everyone laughs at me and I need help!!! Please help, it is em...

iittsslizzie2
iittsslizzie2 posted in Style:
before i give my thoughts, what do you usually like to wear during summer? shorts, jeggings, etc.?
Bloodybear
Bloodybear posted in Friends:
um.... my best friend, she acting weird this week. she asked a lot about and whatever.  I just dont know why she did dah to me. she is my classmate and we just friends.
Ashleexo
Ashleexo posted in Family Issues:
"Brianna09" wrote:Most of the time I am not allowed on the internet in my room so they will know what I am doing anytime they want. Its for your own protection Brianna. There is alot of inappropriate stuff on there for a 9 year old. I went through the same and around 12 they stopped controlling what I am looking at.
tanaj952
tanaj952 posted in Friends:
I think we all go through it,  I am right now. Keep your chin up, smile on, and remember that to be mean these girls have to sink pretty low, and if they are bullying you, YOU ARE ABOVE THEM!!!!! Keep your friends close, never forget to be who you are (as cheesy as it sounds, thats what I did and now I am really happy with loads of friends. I also told a teacher, she sorted it all out pretty quick to.) . Last thing-tell a teacher. I did, and she talked to the mean girl. Now everyone knows I'm not afraid to do it, either. Bad times will pass, and good ones will come. Look after yourself. Xx. *virtual hugs*
rainbowloomer13
rainbowloomer13 posted in Style:
somewhere in between. because I like sports and going outside. but I do care about the way I look sometimes.