Kw-logo-holiday

Comments

Dear Dish-it: Breaking a Bad Habit

Thumb Sucker asks: I have sucked my thumb ever since I was little. Now I'm going into 6th grade and I still suck my thumb! Whenever I'm not sucking it I'm eating and I'm starting to get worried because my teeth are starting to push out. Please help! Back to Article

_Ravenbaee
_Ravenbaee wrote:
2014-12-08 11:40:13 -0800

I have this weird habit of biting my lip when I'm nervous.

jonasfan67
jonasfan67 wrote:
2014-07-10 15:44:15 -0700

I'm having a really hard time breaking my "finger-biting" habit, but to stop myself, I clap to congratulate myself for attempting to break my bad habit!If you're like me, or similar, take my advice! It just might help! smile

Confident_Asian
Confident_Asian wrote:
2014-06-18 18:06:59 -0700

i just wanna die..i'll pm you ok

holler_homie_
holler_homie_ wrote:
2014-06-18 18:06:00 -0700

whats wrong now Asian?

Confident_Asian
Confident_Asian wrote:
2014-06-18 18:04:57 -0700

Sarah should stop telling MY secrets!!! to other people

janesgoeinka
janesgoeinka wrote:
2014-05-18 02:47:54 -0700

put some chilly powder around ur thumb when u taste it it will be horrible so when u suck ur thumb ull remember the chilly powder and never suck ur thumb again

pinkandwhite999
pinkandwhite999 wrote:
2014-05-10 13:26:57 -0700

You should put something smelly or disgusting on your thumbs for a few days and you'll eventually stop.

crazy 1D
crazy 1D wrote:
2014-03-22 15:25:18 -0700

my brother used to but then he got this thing he wore overnight and now he dosnt at all

Ismstser
Ismstser wrote:
2014-01-04 09:11:27 -0800

I always suck my thumb and it pushed my teeth to buck out but I love it so much that I dont carre and it just makes it fit better any way so I wont stop ever. I got a friend to do it to.

carlyo
carlyo wrote:
2013-12-14 11:45:16 -0800

nail bitting ugh! have like no nails gunna try hair spray& perfume !

Crystal4028
Crystal4028 wrote:
2013-12-02 13:43:13 -0800

i still suck my thumb to i hope to stop soon

SelenaNeon
SelenaNeon wrote:
2013-12-02 03:18:42 -0800

I stopped by putting my hands behind me when I layed down. I did the nail polish thing and my dad would put vinegar on my thumbs to make it taste bad. (but I kind of liked the taste so it didn't work for me but maybe you don't like it?), I also put band-aids on both of my thumbs. I realized a thing that helped was keeping my hands busy. That's what I did to stop.

gerballuv2002
gerballuv2002 wrote:
2013-11-12 20:29:05 -0800

Im a huge nail bitting person I hope to stop soon.

Nerdalox
Nerdalox wrote:
2013-10-19 23:21:59 -0700

I bite my nails when I get stressed...

Willowpaws
Willowpaws wrote:
2013-10-17 06:01:56 -0700

Me too Frustrated this article didnt help me. I do this thing, where I sleep at night at uncontiencely at take my things off, like putting tape over my nail, and taking off my glove. I have been to the O. And they gave me a head gear. That help me contol my thumb sucking to night only.

EmoSkittleGirl
EmoSkittleGirl wrote:
2013-09-19 14:25:40 -0700

My sister is a thumb sucker not me smile

EmoSkittleGirl
EmoSkittleGirl wrote:
2013-09-19 14:25:14 -0700

I have to sleep with my Ac on.. Don't Laugh!

beautygrl12
beautygrl12 wrote:
2013-09-15 19:33:26 -0700

This is OCD it's science yay but it shard to berak a habit trust me I bean there done that

gracejane56
gracejane56 wrote:
2013-09-13 11:39:47 -0700

I have the exact same problem! im 13 for gods sake, but I think im getting out of the habbit naturally as hav not been doing it as much lately...

Ellamy
Ellamy wrote:
2013-08-26 07:01:42 -0700

I had the same problem since i was a baby i sucked my thumg , not a biinkie. So .. One day my cousins came over and i still was sucking my thumb i was 8 . So i said " i can't let them find out i suck
My thumb. They stayed for a week. So the first night i sucked it but the bext one and the folowing i stopped. And now i never suck it . To stop the best thing for you is to think somebody is with you , and that u can not suck it to it for a week or so then u will find out your thumb suck free !!

Poll-badhabit

What's your bad habit?

• Procrastinating (waiting until the last minute to get things done)
  • Nail-biting