Kw-halloween-logo-small

Comments

Dear Dish-it: Breaking a Bad Habit

Thumb Sucker asks: I have sucked my thumb ever since I was little. Now I'm going into 6th grade and I still suck my thumb! Whenever I'm not sucking it I'm eating and I'm starting to get worried because my teeth are starting to push out. Please help! Back to Article

jonasfan67
jonasfan67 wrote:
2014-07-10 15:44:15 -0700

I'm having a really hard time breaking my "finger-biting" habit, but to stop myself, I clap to congratulate myself for attempting to break my bad habit!If you're like me, or similar, take my advice! It just might help! smile

Confident_Asian
Confident_Asian wrote:
2014-06-18 18:06:59 -0700

i just wanna die..i'll pm you ok

holler_homie_
holler_homie_ wrote:
2014-06-18 18:06:00 -0700

whats wrong now Asian?

Confident_Asian
Confident_Asian wrote:
2014-06-18 18:04:57 -0700

Sarah should stop telling MY secrets!!! to other people

janesgoeinka
janesgoeinka wrote:
2014-05-18 02:47:54 -0700

put some chilly powder around ur thumb when u taste it it will be horrible so when u suck ur thumb ull remember the chilly powder and never suck ur thumb again

pinkandwhite999
pinkandwhite999 wrote:
2014-05-10 13:26:57 -0700

You should put something smelly or disgusting on your thumbs for a few days and you'll eventually stop.

crazy 1D
crazy 1D wrote:
2014-03-22 15:25:18 -0700

my brother used to but then he got this thing he wore overnight and now he dosnt at all

Ismstser
Ismstser wrote:
2014-01-04 09:11:27 -0800

I always suck my thumb and it pushed my teeth to buck out but I love it so much that I dont carre and it just makes it fit better any way so I wont stop ever. I got a friend to do it to.

carlyo
carlyo wrote:
2013-12-14 11:45:16 -0800

nail bitting ugh! have like no nails gunna try hair spray& perfume !

Crystal4028
Crystal4028 wrote:
2013-12-02 13:43:13 -0800

i still suck my thumb to i hope to stop soon

SelenaNeon
SelenaNeon wrote:
2013-12-02 03:18:42 -0800

I stopped by putting my hands behind me when I layed down. I did the nail polish thing and my dad would put vinegar on my thumbs to make it taste bad. (but I kind of liked the taste so it didn't work for me but maybe you don't like it?), I also put band-aids on both of my thumbs. I realized a thing that helped was keeping my hands busy. That's what I did to stop.

gerballuv2002
gerballuv2002 wrote:
2013-11-12 20:29:05 -0800

Im a huge nail bitting person I hope to stop soon.

Nerdalox
Nerdalox wrote:
2013-10-19 23:21:59 -0700

I bite my nails when I get stressed...

Willowpaws
Willowpaws wrote:
2013-10-17 06:01:56 -0700

Me too Frustrated this article didnt help me. I do this thing, where I sleep at night at uncontiencely at take my things off, like putting tape over my nail, and taking off my glove. I have been to the O. And they gave me a head gear. That help me contol my thumb sucking to night only.

EmoSkittleGirl
EmoSkittleGirl wrote:
2013-09-19 14:25:40 -0700

My sister is a thumb sucker not me smile

EmoSkittleGirl
EmoSkittleGirl wrote:
2013-09-19 14:25:14 -0700

I have to sleep with my Ac on.. Don't Laugh!

beautygrl12
beautygrl12 wrote:
2013-09-15 19:33:26 -0700

This is OCD it's science yay but it shard to berak a habit trust me I bean there done that

gracejane56
gracejane56 wrote:
2013-09-13 11:39:47 -0700

I have the exact same problem! im 13 for gods sake, but I think im getting out of the habbit naturally as hav not been doing it as much lately...

Ellamy
Ellamy wrote:
2013-08-26 07:01:42 -0700

I had the same problem since i was a baby i sucked my thumg , not a biinkie. So .. One day my cousins came over and i still was sucking my thumb i was 8 . So i said " i can't let them find out i suck
My thumb. They stayed for a week. So the first night i sucked it but the bext one and the folowing i stopped. And now i never suck it . To stop the best thing for you is to think somebody is with you , and that u can not suck it to it for a week or so then u will find out your thumb suck free !!

PInkpink_
PInkpink_ wrote:
2013-08-26 05:30:48 -0700

Tongue Out I'd to suck lollipop. instead

Poll-badhabit

What's your bad habit?

• Procrastinating (waiting until the last minute to get things done)
  • Nail-biting