Kw-halloween-logo-small

Comments

Dear Dish-it: Is Popularity Worth It?

Confused asks: I am popular, but I'm wondering if it's worth the trouble. I play sports, participate in after-school clubs, and get straight A's, all while trying to stay popular. It's hard to hide behind this fake smile. Is being popular worth it? Back to Article

dolphingirl_dragons
dolphingirl_dragons wrote:
2014-10-19 12:25:19 -0700

I'm not popular but neh my bestie is but I'm not being popular doesn't matter... To me it might to other people though

Mrocks05
Mrocks05 wrote:
2014-09-05 04:03:02 -0700

no popularity is not worth it i am not popular and i still have friends popularity does not matter now its if you look pretty

AngelBoy192
AngelBoy192 wrote:
2014-09-01 20:10:05 -0700

i dont give a crap what others think of me. if you whuld rather be a zombie that is tolled how too live your life thats fine with me. butt i will rather live my life how i want too and for others not to like it then a cool wannabe thats like a dog takeing orders. the irney is once i said that to someone in my class i instently became a nerd with hardly eny frends too one of the coolest kids in my grade. But i still dont give a crap that am.

hiphopgirl555
hiphopgirl555 wrote:
2014-08-31 06:08:08 -0700

I'm not popular and I don't want to be! All the popular girls at my school are brats. I know who my real friends are. smile

AudreyThoo1
AudreyThoo1 wrote:
2014-08-31 05:56:57 -0700

I'm far from being one of the "popular girls" and I like it that way.

u_nique116
u_nique116 wrote:
2014-08-29 18:54:04 -0700

I don't care if I am popular or not as long as I know who my real friends are

amethystdances
amethystdances wrote:
2014-08-29 18:51:04 -0700

No, definitely, not. I was popular at my old school, and I hated it!!!! Now, I can relax and just focus on my schoolwork. Now that I think about it, I was only popular because of my grades, and my personality.

JezzyJ
JezzyJ wrote:
2014-08-29 18:48:09 -0700

I ain't popular

werewolf7
werewolf7 wrote:
2014-08-25 15:18:01 -0700

Popularity can start out as fun with friends, but it turns out to be just a waste of time.

BlackFire
BlackFire wrote:
2014-08-14 10:57:27 -0700

Popularity is NOT worth it trust me

TapGirl50
TapGirl50 wrote:
2014-08-06 15:41:03 -0700

smile

Too shy
Too shy wrote:
2014-07-17 22:45:09 -0700

What do you want i think popularity is when like
You for who you are ( and when a lot of ppl know you)but what do you want if i were you i would stop some stuff

T.SIsTaylorSwift
T.SIsTaylorSwift wrote:
2014-07-10 16:58:56 -0700

True f'n that

ialreadyknowimafreak
ialreadyknowimafreak wrote:
2014-07-09 06:47:10 -0700

I'm a tomboy. I'm nice and get straight A's too and i'm VERY unpopular. But i get treated like everyone else i have a couple good friends to back me up.

thefrozendude
thefrozendude wrote:
2014-07-02 12:44:07 -0700

so true
popularity or not

Wildlife908
Wildlife908 wrote:
2014-06-24 10:41:41 -0700

It's not important because it's basically judging a book by its cover they think he or she is popular because they don't have glasses or braces I'm not popular but I'm not a nerd even if I have glasses and I'm going to get braces

lilyfur
lilyfur wrote:
2014-06-14 09:52:57 -0700

The nicest girl in school is also veery popular just because she is very nice and caring and many people even the teachers admire her

mia244
mia244 wrote:
2014-05-27 10:59:47 -0700

Popularity isn't important because you could have tons of people always around you but feel completely alone. It's better to have just a couple of friends who make you feel loved than tons of people who make you feel lonely.

alexiarina123
alexiarina123 wrote:
2014-05-21 15:34:29 -0700

nope not at all

ReeRi
ReeRi wrote:
2014-05-17 23:06:50 -0700

I'm not popular at all by any means, but I am liked by my peers and have a lot of friends. I agree, the meaning of popularity nowadays s doing everything mainstream- I just don't like doing the things that popular kids do, and that makes me a loser at my school. It's much more important to stay in your little unpopular kids army and be yourself! Much more rewarding.

Poll-popularity

You're popular when...

• You have the most Facebook friends.
  • All your friends are eager to spend time with you.
  • Everyone thinks you're the hottest kid in school.
  • Everyone in school knows your name.

Micro_deardish-amicool-micro
Questionably Cool asks: I don't think I'm cool. I have lots of friends, and even a girlfriend. Do...
Micro_deardishit-popularbrother-micro
Lonely asks: I feel like no one likes me. On Kidzworld, I have less than 30 friends, while my bro...
Micro_confidence micro
Don't let the turkeys get you down... Here are 5 teen-tested, teen approved ways to boost your co...
Micro_popularity_micro
Em asks: “I really want to be popular, but I’m not sure how! Can you help?”

sparkly_chick
Sometimes we get along all happily. Other times, conversations end with door slamming and yelling. Whenever I try to tell her that we need to work on this, she just says I'm being dramatic. It seems like one second we're laughing, then next we're fighting. She's 20, so the age difference is one of the problems. I really want to reconnect with my sister, but I don't know how. Help!
sparkly_chick
sparkly_chick posted in Style:
Ugh. Usually on Wednesdays, I have a cherry coke t-shirt with some Jean shorts. That t-shirt got RIPPED. D: Anyways I can barely make it through the week. I have a closet full of clothes, but there's only about 8 t-shirts that are nice looking. Hopefully soon there'll be a new clothes store, and soon I'll start wearing my winter clothes, but I need help for the PRESENT. Any ideas?
ChickenGoPowPow
I would say just talk to the guy an ask him, but I know you would be scared. But anyway, just take it slow. Talk to the guy, an try to be friends with him. If he shows any signs of him liking you.. For example: He likes looking at you, tries to make you laugh, or likes being around you.. then that's mostly a sign.
Charulata
Charulata posted in Style:
A small earring :) Nothing else in my body :p :D♥
reply 1 day
bernese7
bernese7 posted in Style:
how can i lighten my hair color without dying it?????????
reply 2 days