Comments

Dear Dish-it: Is Popularity Worth It?

Confused asks: I am popular, but I'm wondering if it's worth the trouble. I play sports, participate in after-school clubs, and get straight A's, all while trying to stay popular. It's hard to hide behind this fake smile. Is being popular worth it? Back to Article

Too shy
Too shy wrote:
2014-07-17 22:45:09 -0700

What do you want i think popularity is when like
You for who you are ( and when a lot of ppl know you)but what do you want if i were you i would stop some stuff

T.SIsTaylorSwift
T.SIsTaylorSwift wrote:
2014-07-10 16:58:56 -0700

True f'n that

ialreadyknowimafreak
ialreadyknowimafreak wrote:
2014-07-09 06:47:10 -0700

I'm a tomboy. I'm nice and get straight A's too and i'm VERY unpopular. But i get treated like everyone else i have a couple good friends to back me up.

thefrozendude
thefrozendude wrote:
2014-07-02 12:44:07 -0700

so true
popularity or not

Wildlife908
Wildlife908 wrote:
2014-06-24 10:41:41 -0700

It's not important because it's basically judging a book by its cover they think he or she is popular because they don't have glasses or braces I'm not popular but I'm not a nerd even if I have glasses and I'm going to get braces

lilyfur
lilyfur wrote:
2014-06-14 09:52:57 -0700

The nicest girl in school is also veery popular just because she is very nice and caring and many people even the teachers admire her

mia244
mia244 wrote:
2014-05-27 10:59:47 -0700

Popularity isn't important because you could have tons of people always around you but feel completely alone. It's better to have just a couple of friends who make you feel loved than tons of people who make you feel lonely.

alexiarina123
alexiarina123 wrote:
2014-05-21 15:34:29 -0700

nope not at all

ReeRi
ReeRi wrote:
2014-05-17 23:06:50 -0700

I'm not popular at all by any means, but I am liked by my peers and have a lot of friends. I agree, the meaning of popularity nowadays s doing everything mainstream- I just don't like doing the things that popular kids do, and that makes me a loser at my school. It's much more important to stay in your little unpopular kids army and be yourself! Much more rewarding.

SuperBubble
SuperBubble wrote:
2014-05-11 23:54:37 -0700

Live life the way you want it. After all we only live once. Popularity shouldn't matter, I'm not popular, but I'm friends with the popular girls in my class, I still get teased a lot. But that shouldn't matter.
If your popular it just means that you strive for determination. I really hope this helped, xx. smile

awesomedude426
awesomedude426 wrote:
2014-05-04 15:51:49 -0700

just focus on school, student concuil, and maybe a crush

imcoolurlame
imcoolurlame wrote:
2014-04-28 13:28:08 -0700

noo its not .-.

katahira304
katahira304 wrote:
2014-04-09 18:14:06 -0700

Just be yourself no matter how hard it is...walk with a smile.

ACoolPerson
ACoolPerson wrote:
2014-03-23 18:31:22 -0700

No. Be yourself- you have lots of time ahead of you! Make genuine friends, do what you love, and have fun! smile

XxCryXx
XxCryXx wrote:
2014-03-22 21:39:08 -0700

N to the O

PanicAtTheRomance
PanicAtTheRomance wrote:
2014-03-15 13:25:08 -0700

I'm not popular at all and got really badly bullied in my first year of high school (which for us Brits it's 12-16 year olds). However, I've got amazing friends who are just like me-they don't style their hair, put on make-up or anything like that. It sounds cliché, but just be yourself

Rocker24/7
Rocker24/7 wrote:
2014-03-14 15:41:51 -0700

I had the same problem- don't go out of your way to be someone you're not- there's no point!Wink Nose

alexiarina123
alexiarina123 wrote:
2014-03-12 14:19:16 -0700

nope , not at all

Izzmonster
Izzmonster wrote:
2014-03-08 12:17:42 -0800

you cant buy friends

deyalinelove
deyalinelove wrote:
2014-02-27 16:41:56 -0800

if your friends are nice to you and there your best best friends stay with them

Poll-popularity

You're popular when...

• You have the most Facebook friends.
  • All your friends are eager to spend time with you.
  • Everyone thinks you're the hottest kid in school.
  • Everyone in school knows your name.