Comments

Dear Dish-it: Is Popularity Worth It?

Confused asks: I am popular, but I'm wondering if it's worth the trouble. I play sports, participate in after-school clubs, and get straight A's, all while trying to stay popular. It's hard to hide behind this fake smile. Is being popular worth it? Back to Article

katahira304
katahira304 wrote:
2014-04-09 18:14:06 -0700

Just be yourself no matter how hard it is...walk with a smile.

ACoolPerson
ACoolPerson wrote:
2014-03-23 18:31:22 -0700

No. Be yourself- you have lots of time ahead of you! Make genuine friends, do what you love, and have fun! smile

XxCryXx
XxCryXx wrote:
2014-03-22 21:39:08 -0700

N to the O

PanicAtTheRomance
PanicAtTheRomance wrote:
2014-03-15 13:25:08 -0700

I'm not popular at all and got really badly bullied in my first year of high school (which for us Brits it's 12-16 year olds). However, I've got amazing friends who are just like me-they don't style their hair, put on make-up or anything like that. It sounds cliché, but just be yourself

Rocker24/7
Rocker24/7 wrote:
2014-03-14 15:41:51 -0700

I had the same problem- don't go out of your way to be someone you're not- there's no point!Wink Nose

alexiarina123
alexiarina123 wrote:
2014-03-12 14:19:16 -0700

nope , not at all

Izzmonster
Izzmonster wrote:
2014-03-08 12:17:42 -0800

you cant buy friends

deyalinelove
deyalinelove wrote:
2014-02-27 16:41:56 -0800

if your friends are nice to you and there your best best friends stay with them

caitlin0504
caitlin0504 wrote:
2014-02-24 11:18:00 -0800

if your friends are true friends they will still be your friend.

ToastedWaffels
ToastedWaffels wrote:
2014-02-19 06:09:56 -0800

the person writing that sounds a bit stuck up their own ass.-. if you even have only like 2 friends and have a laugh then it doesn't matter

CuteMoo2
CuteMoo2 wrote:
2014-02-19 04:56:53 -0800

BEYOUtiful the word even says it basically smile

NerdBird
NerdBird wrote:
2014-02-16 07:37:28 -0800

Just be your self and your friends should still like you for who you are inside. Big Grin

--Amy-Rose--Silver-Wolf--
--Amy-Rose--Silver-Wolf-- wrote:
2014-02-10 07:33:01 -0800

if popularity comes natrually and u aint mean, go for it! if it aint stressin yahs out!

amal98
amal98 wrote:
2014-02-06 18:59:17 -0800

be your slef and eveyone will love you

blakbutterfly
blakbutterfly wrote:
2014-02-01 06:39:05 -0800

@cutecute123 No, popularity doesn't mean instant meanness to everyone and everything! Its just being stereotyped that way. Popularity is defined by niceness not meanness!

cutecute123
cutecute123 wrote:
2014-02-01 06:36:20 -0800

Popularity sucks you have to be mean to people thats why I stick to being the smart, generous, fun, good and nice kind of popular. smile

Jennifer24
Jennifer24 wrote:
2014-01-20 17:26:44 -0800

True its not worth it

Zelittledoctor
Zelittledoctor wrote:
2014-01-20 14:37:59 -0800

Honestly, you will probably have people swarming around you asking for autographs or something else like that. According to me it isn't worth it.

natas
natas wrote:
2014-01-17 09:52:55 -0800

I want to share my testimony on how i was able to get back my husband around December and with the help of Dr Ekaka because my man left me for over 3years and went on with another lady and i was unable to move on with my life because of the love i have for him last month i saw a testimony on the internet on how Dr Ekaka help someone with love spell so i never believe it but just have to try my faith which i did and i contacted him on his ekakaspelltemple at yhoocom

tiundra
tiundra wrote:
2014-01-16 19:38:22 -0800

RIGHT I LIKE YOUR ANSWER LOL THATS ALL SHE HAS TO DO

Poll-popularity

You're popular when...

• You have the most Facebook friends.
  • All your friends are eager to spend time with you.
  • Everyone thinks you're the hottest kid in school.
  • Everyone in school knows your name.

Micro_deardish-amicool-micro
Questionably Cool asks: I don't think I'm cool. I have lots of friends, and even a girlfriend. Do...
Micro_deardishit-popularbrother-micro
Lonely asks: I feel like no one likes me. On Kidzworld, I have less than 30 friends, while my bro...
Micro_confidence micro
Don't let the turkeys get you down... Here are 5 teen-tested, teen approved ways to boost your co...
Micro_popularity_micro
Em asks: “I really want to be popular, but I’m not sure how! Can you help?”

Brianna09
Most of the time I am not allowed on the internet in my room so they will know what I am doing anytime they want.
yogurtiscool
don't ask them why would u ask them
Brianna09
I would never be allowed.
Kirsteeeeen
Kirsteeeeen posted in Style:
It'd be easier to picture it if I could see the shirt. xD But chances are it'd look good. Put the lace or bows on the shirt without sewing it on and see how it looks :p
emilyly
emilyly posted in Family Issues:
Of course you are not pregnant!!! If you just started having period, it is irregular and in the beginning can look quite strange. Don't worry! But i think you should talk with your mum, go to the doctor to check if everything is ok inside of your body and simply to have support from her.