Kw-logo-smaller

Back to School with EDU on YouTube

Aug 13, 2013

YouTube EDU (http://www.youtube.com/education), the largest classroom in the world, hosts over a million educational videos, including lessons from top teachers around the world, course lectures from top-tier universities and inspiring videos to spark your imagination.

With kids now back in school, here are a few channels that parents can use to help children with homework, as well provide a little EDU for themselves.

YouTube EDUYouTube EDU

FOR PRIMARY AND SECONDARY SCHOOL AGE KIDS

Khan Academy (http://www.youtube.com/user/khanacademy)

With a mission to provide a world-class education for anyone, anywhere, Khan Academy tackles tough subjects like Algebra and Physics in a classroom-style format with board diagrams. Several of the lessons are even offered in other languages from Spanish (http://www.youtube.com/user/KhanAcademyEspanol) to Farsi (http://www.youtube.com/user/KhanAcademyFarsi).

Crash Course! (http://www.youtube.com/user/crashcourse)

Need a crash course before you coach your kids? These videos give you a quick lesson on a wide array of subjects from literature to world history

Minute Physics (https://www.youtube.com/user/minutephysics)

For that inquisitive child who likes to ask, “Why is it dark at night?” or “How big is the Universe,” MinutePhysics offers cool physics and other sweet science videos.

Mr. Lean Spanish (https://www.youtube.com/user/MrLearnSpanish)

How do you say homework en espanol? From basic grammar to short stories and more advanced classes, these lessons will help you and your kids become fluent in this Latin language in no time. 

HipHughes History (https://www.youtube.com/user/hughesDV) For high schoolers taking US history and government, tthe most important events in U.S. and World History are explained by HipHughes in a series of upbeat, personable and educational lectures.

Find even more channels and videos at www.youtube.com/education.

 

>
>

readers voted!

Comments

EmoSkrillex

EmoSkrillex wrote:

NO! What are people thinking theese days?!
commented: Mon May 12, 2014

linkofhyrule

linkofhyrule wrote:

no!
commented: Sun May 11, 2014

rithma

rithma wrote:

lol
commented: Sat Oct 12, 2013

there are 13 more comments

Please login or register to add comments

share with your friends


Twitter Facebook Myspace Digg


like this article?
Sign up now to get more just like!

latest videos

Poll

Best Thing About Going Back to School?

  • Buying new back-to-school clothes.
  • Seeing all my friends again.
  • The thrill of doing homework again.
  • There's nothing good about going back to school.

related stories

Micro_micro-fakesnow
Snow has always been a cozy feature of the holiday season. Cozy if you’re inside by the fire and ...
Micro_micro_slime
There are plenty of ways to enjoy slime, no doubt about that. But one of the best ways to enjoy i...
Micro_a mic
Are you a procrastinator? As school quickly approaches, and you’ve just had the best summer ever,...
Micro_smartphone apps micro
Trick out your smartphone with fun and useful back-to-school apps to help you study and keep in t...
Are you fascinated by the world around you? Do you follow the news and political events? Do you l...

Random in the forums

american_brit
american_brit posted in Debating:
"Crisanna" wrote:AlphaT: it's not even living yet, it doesn't have a heart beat! If you take a pregnancy test, it shows positive, and then you go to a feminine doctor to make sure, do you get an ultrasound? No because you won't find a heartbeat. You get a blood test, or maybe even a pee sample. A child heart's start beating after 22 days of conception. A women does not have an abortion before 22 days (or even right after). It's extremely dangerous. 
reply less than a minute
Crisanna
Crisanna posted in Debating:
"Teh_Skittlez" wrote: "Crisanna" wrote: AlphaT: it's not even living yet, it doesn't have a heart beat! If you take a pregnancy test, it shows positive, and then you go to a feminine doctor to make sure, do you get an ultrasound? No because you won't find a heartbeat. You get a blood test, or maybe even a ##### sample. Heartbeat is not the measure of living or not living. Many organisms don't even have hearts. It is 'alive', but not conscious. I think that's the more important distinction.  Yes this is true. But let me put it this way. Let's say a 13 year old girl got pregnant against her will. She, and her baby, may not make it through the birth. And with the possibilty of her death and the baby's, you'll still say that she can not get an abortion? That is just not right.
reply 1 minute
Teh_Skittlez
Teh_Skittlez posted in Debating:
"AlphaT" wrote: "Teh_Skittlez" wrote: Which is why I made the ant comparison. All living things have some value, and killing any of them is morally wrong. However, we do not treat all death or all killing the same way, and I do not believe that locking people in prison for abortion is going to resolve the fact that sometimes women will try to get rid of their pregnancies.   With all crime, making it illegal will not resolve it. But it will slim down immensely. Okay but now we're imprisoning otherwise productive members of society, for the goal of 'sending a message' that society doesn't approve of abortion. I think that's rather totalitarian. 
reply 1 minute
-Karpov-
-Karpov- posted in Debating:
"AlphaT" wrote: "Teh_Skittlez" wrote: Which is why I made the ant comparison. All living things have some value, and killing any of them is morally wrong. However, we do not treat all death or all killing the same way, and I do not believe that locking people in prison for abortion is going to resolve the fact that sometimes women will try to get rid of their pregnancies.   With all crime, making it illegal will not resolve it. But it will slim down immensely. That's definitely NOT how crime works. When you make something illegal that people want you just create an unsafe market for it. Prohibition is the best example of this 
reply 2 minutes
Teh_Skittlez
Teh_Skittlez posted in Debating:
"american_brit" wrote:   Teh_Skittlez,  I don't believe the argument is whether or not women should be punished.   If abortion is illegal, is that not presumably what would be happening? 
reply 2 minutes

play online games

Candy-100

A great online version of the famous Candy Crush. This is the best game launched...

1515_gl_kidzworld_100x100_jpg_fz

Intriguing planets, weird and wonderful characters; challenge friends and find a...

157262_(2)

When you go back to Candyland, you’ll wonder why you ever left in the first plac...

100x100_ra_logo_girl

Uncle George has left you his farm, but unfortunately it’s in pretty bad shape. ...

_thumb_100x100

Shoot blobs with different properies to merge yellow blobs. Your blobs can be re...