Comments

Dear Dish-it: My Mom's New Baby Replaced Me

The Other Daughter asks: My mom just had a new baby, and now she won't pay any attention to me. I feel like I've been replaced. What can I do so that I'm not forgotten? Back to Article

badjordyn
badjordyn wrote:
2013-11-24 14:00:07 -0800

just say to your-self that u know that ur mom loves u very much and i can never be replaced

alvy123
alvy123 wrote:
2013-11-24 03:13:59 -0800

I've never had a brother or sister, but I can say how depressing it is to see someone who u loved from all ur heart actually neglecting ur presence. It gives u the feeling that no one ever loves u. U start regretting the times when u fussed abt ur mom being so caring ..... That's one of the reasons I don't wanna have a sibling... But trust me, no matter what, they love u a lot, they just don't get the time to show u....

animefreakXD
animefreakXD wrote:
2013-11-17 18:13:04 -0800

I felt that way with my oldest younger sister but she was only taking care of her because babies are soft, and they can get hurt easily.Your parents will never replace you because they love you.

Singermms
Singermms wrote:
2013-11-17 18:11:01 -0800

See, I have two sisters, sometimes my mom nearly ever spends time with me cause now she has a new husband and my sisters that are always making trouble. I think you just have to get time in for you and your mom. Or talk to her about it.

Keekeow
Keekeow wrote:
2013-11-17 18:08:14 -0800

I thought my mom replaced me when my bro was born. But she loves me the same. Just a warning siblings = Pains in head

XxCryXx
XxCryXx wrote:
2013-11-17 18:05:25 -0800

Your mom didnt replace you, she has to spend more time with her baby because babies are so fraglie, and need lots of love, please, and try to help her with the baby, its always nice.

ChickenGoPowPow
ChickenGoPowPow wrote:
2013-11-17 18:02:56 -0800

I used to feel that way, but just know that your parents still loves you even if you have a new sibling in the family.

Crystal95014
Crystal95014 wrote:
2013-11-16 16:01:37 -0800

I have a brother but I don't really mind except that he annoys me but my parents treat us equally,

Betzy123
Betzy123 wrote:
2013-11-16 15:02:49 -0800

Siblings suck.

blue_lover81
blue_lover81 wrote:
2013-11-13 15:44:57 -0800

it might feel like she replaced u but she loves u

richgirl31
richgirl31 wrote:
2013-11-10 08:01:15 -0800

the only way to get her attention is not to talk to her

Lexa marie
Lexa marie wrote:
2013-11-09 12:54:17 -0800

Remember,life is to enjoy not to waste time sulcking!!!

MissYOLO98
MissYOLO98 wrote:
2013-11-09 06:44:02 -0800

The right way to catch your mums attention is to show ACTUAL INTEREST in your new baby sister
Hope this helped Big Grin

CherrySweet_
CherrySweet_ wrote:
2013-11-05 12:58:16 -0800

i felt like that when my lil bro was born but i never said nothing but don't do what i do cuz it just makes things worst. trust me i know

Cor_not_corinne
Cor_not_corinne wrote:
2013-11-04 14:54:42 -0800

i've felt like that to, tell her how u feel.

moneymaker500
moneymaker500 wrote:
2013-11-03 19:06:07 -0800

she loves u as much as the baby ok ur not replaced

lizy555
lizy555 wrote:
2013-10-30 16:44:31 -0700

I totally agree smile my mom I think she's pregnant and I am afraid she'll replace me and forget about me Sad that's the reason I've been getting advice. I've been having nightmares about my mom having a baby and she forgot all about me and I had to live in my laundry room. Sad Sad Sad. but your advice has relay helped me. maybe I will come back to your chat advice you relay helped me out smile smile smile.

ps:i am ten 10

summerqueenj
summerqueenj wrote:
2013-10-26 17:55:39 -0700

I know that feeling tooFrown Well, i don;t know how old u are but sometimes, you can be all grown up, and your mom needs to take care of your sister or brother. Or maybe try to talk about it to your mom. Good luck!smile

imjustgoingmyownway
imjustgoingmyownway wrote:
2013-10-23 17:48:36 -0700

well every family goes through this..i went through it myself....three times, so i know. it is normal for grown-ups to spend a lot of time with their new baby. it happens. when babies are left unattended, they might get hurt, and your mom wants to keep the baby in her sight 24/7 right? ok, thats very normal. but if u feel like she is ignoring you constantly, wait until she is not busy with something, and tell her you feel ignored. no mom should make their children feel ignored.just tell her. smile

hadlie1
hadlie1 wrote:
2013-10-12 08:26:06 -0700

write a letter about how you feel

Would You Clone Yourself If You Could?

• Oh yeah! Send in the clones whenever I'm in trouble.
  • Nah, I'm an original, no copies required.

Micro_baby micro
Celebrities have been known to get very creative when it comes to naming their kids. Here’s a lis...
Micro_top ten movie moms - micro
Sometimes it takes a movie to remind just how great moms can be, from superheroes to homemakers, ...
I'm 13 years old and have always loved little kids. I like to take care of them too. I really wan...
My mom and I don't have a great relationship. We fight a lot and it always seems to be my fault.....

Brianna09
Most of the time I am not allowed on the internet in my room so they will know what I am doing anytime they want.
yogurtiscool
don't ask them why would u ask them
Brianna09
I would never be allowed.
Kirsteeeeen
Kirsteeeeen posted in Style:
It'd be easier to picture it if I could see the shirt. xD But chances are it'd look good. Put the lace or bows on the shirt without sewing it on and see how it looks :p
emilyly
emilyly posted in Family Issues:
Of course you are not pregnant!!! If you just started having period, it is irregular and in the beginning can look quite strange. Don't worry! But i think you should talk with your mum, go to the doctor to check if everything is ok inside of your body and simply to have support from her.