Comments

Dear Dish-it: My Mom's New Baby Replaced Me

The Other Daughter asks: My mom just had a new baby, and now she won't pay any attention to me. I feel like I've been replaced. What can I do so that I'm not forgotten? Back to Article

lovable234
lovable234 wrote:
2013-12-11 05:05:19 -0800

omg that is so upsetting

nikeyvian

Chikaville wrote:
2013-12-08 11:40:14 -0800

omg that is so sad

Bullet21
Bullet21 wrote:
2013-12-08 08:36:13 -0800

Feel sorry for you! I have 2 other sisters but they are like older than me. So, its not that bad, I guess? But - Off-course its hard sometimes when your the main target that they either forget/ignore or just plan to hurt you!!

tweeti
tweeti wrote:
2013-12-02 04:08:52 -0800

you can always take your moms help in studies

shushu21
shushu21 wrote:
2013-11-27 15:28:55 -0800

she hasnt forgot she is just busy with the baby and all so you need to help feed the baby and clean the house then she might notice u but you are not replaced she sometimes is busy

cleod1
cleod1 wrote:
2013-11-25 12:00:25 -0800

Try asking her to make a special date and time when you guys can doo something just you and her! Ask your dad to take care of the baby or get another trusted adult to do it. Then just go and have fun! Whether it's on a weekly basis, or once a year, I think will truly help you.

And don't forget, your mom will always love you, no matter how much attention he seems to be paying your baby sis/bro.

LEXYRUTH
LEXYRUTH wrote:
2013-11-25 03:35:43 -0800

just remember all the good times u have had with her and tell yourself that i know she loves and i'm special to her

badjordyn
badjordyn wrote:
2013-11-24 14:00:07 -0800

just say to your-self that u know that ur mom loves u very much and i can never be replaced

alvy123
alvy123 wrote:
2013-11-24 03:13:59 -0800

I've never had a brother or sister, but I can say how depressing it is to see someone who u loved from all ur heart actually neglecting ur presence. It gives u the feeling that no one ever loves u. U start regretting the times when u fussed abt ur mom being so caring ..... That's one of the reasons I don't wanna have a sibling... But trust me, no matter what, they love u a lot, they just don't get the time to show u....

animefreakXD
animefreakXD wrote:
2013-11-17 18:13:04 -0800

I felt that way with my oldest younger sister but she was only taking care of her because babies are soft, and they can get hurt easily.Your parents will never replace you because they love you.

Singermms
Singermms wrote:
2013-11-17 18:11:01 -0800

See, I have two sisters, sometimes my mom nearly ever spends time with me cause now she has a new husband and my sisters that are always making trouble. I think you just have to get time in for you and your mom. Or talk to her about it.

Keekeow
Keekeow wrote:
2013-11-17 18:08:14 -0800

I thought my mom replaced me when my bro was born. But she loves me the same. Just a warning siblings = Pains in head

XxCryXx
XxCryXx wrote:
2013-11-17 18:05:25 -0800

Your mom didnt replace you, she has to spend more time with her baby because babies are so fraglie, and need lots of love, please, and try to help her with the baby, its always nice.

ChickenGoPowPow
ChickenGoPowPow wrote:
2013-11-17 18:02:56 -0800

I used to feel that way, but just know that your parents still loves you even if you have a new sibling in the family.

Crystal95014
Crystal95014 wrote:
2013-11-16 16:01:37 -0800

I have a brother but I don't really mind except that he annoys me but my parents treat us equally,

Betzy123
Betzy123 wrote:
2013-11-16 15:02:49 -0800

Siblings suck.

blue_lover81
blue_lover81 wrote:
2013-11-13 15:44:57 -0800

it might feel like she replaced u but she loves u

richgirl31
richgirl31 wrote:
2013-11-10 08:01:15 -0800

the only way to get her attention is not to talk to her

Would You Clone Yourself If You Could?

• Oh yeah! Send in the clones whenever I'm in trouble.
  • Nah, I'm an original, no copies required.

Micro_baby micro
Celebrities have been known to get very creative when it comes to naming their kids. Here’s a lis...
Micro_top ten movie moms - micro
Sometimes it takes a movie to remind just how great moms can be, from superheroes to homemakers, ...
I'm 13 years old and have always loved little kids. I like to take care of them too. I really wan...
My mom and I don't have a great relationship. We fight a lot and it always seems to be my fault.....

AlphaT
AlphaT posted in Friends:
The fact that this girl has a crush on you is enough for me to say...stick with the friend.
american_brit
american_brit posted in Friends:
Nope. Not at all... It's just... too hard, ya know? XD
Boysrock50
Boysrock50 posted in Friends:
"american_brit" wrote: "Boysrock50" wrote: Mate, just.. LET HER GO, LET HER GO, DON'T TALK TO HER ANYMORE LET HER GO, LET HER GO, IT IS HER YOU MUST IGNORE YOU SHOULDN'T CARE, WHAT SHE HAS TO SAY, YOU SHOULD JUST MOVE ON, YOUR FRIEND IS MORE IMPORTANT ANYWAY Nailed it XD Beautiful. All that friendship, compassion, mild rejection... poured out  into one song. Amazing. Tear jerker right there! *sobs* Okay... now that I'm done be extremely melodramatic, I agree 100% with what has been said. Loyalty to your friend is definitely what's best in the situation -and you've seem to be following through on this. Good. Now... can you just leave the girl alone? It might be better if you just ignore her.  thankyou, thankyou :P can you guess where my inspiration was from? :D
american_brit