Comments

Dear Dish-it: My Mom's New Baby Replaced Me

The Other Daughter asks: My mom just had a new baby, and now she won't pay any attention to me. I feel like I've been replaced. What can I do so that I'm not forgotten? Back to Article

Bullet21
Bullet21 wrote:
2013-12-08 08:36:13 -0800

Feel sorry for you! I have 2 other sisters but they are like older than me. So, its not that bad, I guess? But - Off-course its hard sometimes when your the main target that they either forget/ignore or just plan to hurt you!!

tweeti
tweeti wrote:
2013-12-02 04:08:52 -0800

you can always take your moms help in studies

shushu21
shushu21 wrote:
2013-11-27 15:28:55 -0800

she hasnt forgot she is just busy with the baby and all so you need to help feed the baby and clean the house then she might notice u but you are not replaced she sometimes is busy

cleod1
cleod1 wrote:
2013-11-25 12:00:25 -0800

Try asking her to make a special date and time when you guys can doo something just you and her! Ask your dad to take care of the baby or get another trusted adult to do it. Then just go and have fun! Whether it's on a weekly basis, or once a year, I think will truly help you.

And don't forget, your mom will always love you, no matter how much attention he seems to be paying your baby sis/bro.

LEXYRUTH
LEXYRUTH wrote:
2013-11-25 03:35:43 -0800

just remember all the good times u have had with her and tell yourself that i know she loves and i'm special to her

badjordyn
badjordyn wrote:
2013-11-24 14:00:07 -0800

just say to your-self that u know that ur mom loves u very much and i can never be replaced

alvy123
alvy123 wrote:
2013-11-24 03:13:59 -0800

I've never had a brother or sister, but I can say how depressing it is to see someone who u loved from all ur heart actually neglecting ur presence. It gives u the feeling that no one ever loves u. U start regretting the times when u fussed abt ur mom being so caring ..... That's one of the reasons I don't wanna have a sibling... But trust me, no matter what, they love u a lot, they just don't get the time to show u....

animefreakXD
animefreakXD wrote:
2013-11-17 18:13:04 -0800

I felt that way with my oldest younger sister but she was only taking care of her because babies are soft, and they can get hurt easily.Your parents will never replace you because they love you.

Singermms
Singermms wrote:
2013-11-17 18:11:01 -0800

See, I have two sisters, sometimes my mom nearly ever spends time with me cause now she has a new husband and my sisters that are always making trouble. I think you just have to get time in for you and your mom. Or talk to her about it.

Keekeow
Keekeow wrote:
2013-11-17 18:08:14 -0800

I thought my mom replaced me when my bro was born. But she loves me the same. Just a warning siblings = Pains in head

XxCryXx
XxCryXx wrote:
2013-11-17 18:05:25 -0800

Your mom didnt replace you, she has to spend more time with her baby because babies are so fraglie, and need lots of love, please, and try to help her with the baby, its always nice.

ChickenGoPowPow
ChickenGoPowPow wrote:
2013-11-17 18:02:56 -0800

I used to feel that way, but just know that your parents still loves you even if you have a new sibling in the family.

Crystal95014
Crystal95014 wrote:
2013-11-16 16:01:37 -0800

I have a brother but I don't really mind except that he annoys me but my parents treat us equally,

Betzy123
Betzy123 wrote:
2013-11-16 15:02:49 -0800

Siblings suck.

blue_lover81
blue_lover81 wrote:
2013-11-13 15:44:57 -0800

it might feel like she replaced u but she loves u

richgirl31
richgirl31 wrote:
2013-11-10 08:01:15 -0800

the only way to get her attention is not to talk to her

Lexa marie
Lexa marie wrote:
2013-11-09 12:54:17 -0800

Remember,life is to enjoy not to waste time sulcking!!!

MissYOLO98
MissYOLO98 wrote:
2013-11-09 06:44:02 -0800

The right way to catch your mums attention is to show ACTUAL INTEREST in your new baby sister
Hope this helped Big Grin

CherrySweet_
CherrySweet_ wrote:
2013-11-05 12:58:16 -0800

i felt like that when my lil bro was born but i never said nothing but don't do what i do cuz it just makes things worst. trust me i know

Cor_not_corinne
Cor_not_corinne wrote:
2013-11-04 14:54:42 -0800

i've felt like that to, tell her how u feel.

Would You Clone Yourself If You Could?

• Oh yeah! Send in the clones whenever I'm in trouble.
  • Nah, I'm an original, no copies required.

Micro_baby micro
Celebrities have been known to get very creative when it comes to naming their kids. Here’s a lis...
Micro_top ten movie moms - micro
Sometimes it takes a movie to remind just how great moms can be, from superheroes to homemakers, ...
I'm 13 years old and have always loved little kids. I like to take care of them too. I really wan...
My mom and I don't have a great relationship. We fight a lot and it always seems to be my fault.....

XxIHateMathxX
XxIHateMathxX posted in Friends:
I like Harry Potter too.  :)
young fee
young fee posted in Friends:
I think you can not be sure he likes you. take me as an example theres this girl in my class who i talk to everyday. Now i see her as a sister and i have and will go to lengths just to make sure shes okay and her boyfriend doesnt hurt her. This might be what is happening in your situation so i advice that you wait a bit longer because him loooking at you may mean that he likes you and is waiting for the right time to tell you. Meanwhile you can get closer to him and flirt once in a while to asure that him you also like him (that is if he isnt sure). And dont worry if he doesnt like you back its better to have a friend who cares about you than a boyfriend who doesnt like you that much and is dreaming about someone else.
heyitsangel