The 56th Annual Grammy Awards Recap + Best & Worst Dressed
The 56th Annual Grammy Awards took place January 26th, 2014 and included performances by Taylor Swift, Daft Punk and Pharrell, Lorde, Macklemore and so much more. Find out who won, who lost and who just looked good in Kidzworld's 56th Annual Grammys Recap!
The 56th Annual Grammy Awards aired on CBS, January 26th 2014
Courtesy of GRAMMY
Musical power couple Jay-Z and [kwlink 28709]Beyoncé[/kwlink] kicked off the night with a ton of energy by performing the duet "Drunk in Love" off her recent album, and with performances by former Beatles Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr as well as a win for classic rock legends Led Zeppelin, there were more than a few happy grandparents out there. But it was french duo Daft Punk that truly showed the future - the dance music robot future that is - they walked out with 5 awards, including the coveted Album of the Year and Record of the Year. These two helmeted musicians never speak, so it was up to collaborator Pharrell to put the words in their mouth, literally! Lorde gave a "bewitching" performance of her winning single "Royals" (you have to admit, her dance moves are on the sorceress side) and other performances included a mash-up of Imagine Dragons and rapper Kendrick Lamar as well as Taylor Swift on the piano.
Check out Kendrick Lamar and Imagine Dragons below.
- Record of the Year - "Get Lucky," Daft Punk featuring Pharrell
- Album of the Year - Random Access Memories, Daft Punk
- Song of the Year - "Royals," Lorde
- Best New Artist - Macklemore and Ryan Lewis
- Best Pop Solo Performance - "Royals," Lorde
- Best Pop Duo/Group Performance - "Get Lucky," Daft Punk featuring Pharrell
- Best Rock Performance - Radioactive, Imagine Dragons
- Best Rap Song - "Thrift Shop," Macklemore & Ryan Lewis
- Best Rap/Sung Collaboration - "Holy Grail," Jay-Z and Justin Timberlake
- Best R&B Song - "Pusher Love Girl", Justin Timberlakd
- Best Pop Vocal Album - Unorthodox Jukebox, Bruno Mars
- Best Dance/Electronica Album - Random Access Memories, Daft Punk
- Best Alternative Music Album - Modern Vampires Of The City, Vampire Weekend
- Best R&B Album - Girl on Fire, Alicia Keys
- Best Urban Contemporary Album - Unapologetic, Rihanna
- Best Rap Album - The Heist, Macklemore and Ryan Lewis
- Best Country Album - Same Trailer Different Park, Kacey Musgraves
Check out Lorde's short n' sweet acceptance speech ( we have to hand it to her, she's pretty mature for someone who's just 17!)
When it comes to simple and elegant, we're calling a tie between Taylor Swift and Ariana Grande! Wearing a beautiful netted soft gold dress by Gucci, Taylor may not have won any awards this year but she definitely looked like a gold statue! Ariana Grande's '50s style cocktail dress by Dolce & Gabana just stole our hearts! Nice work girls! Other notable best dressed stars are, Katy, Beyoncé, and Ciara! Katy Perry wore a Valentino gown covered with music notes. The skirt looked like a giant, flowing music sheet. Beyoncé's beautiful floral sheer patterned dress was designed by Michael Costello. A pregnant Ciara looked gorgeous in a bronze long sleeve Emilio Pucci gown.
Taylor Swift, Katy Perry, Beyoncé and Ciara shined on the red carpet!
Ariana Grande in Dolce
Courtesy of GRAMMY
When you're accepting an award next to two guys who always wear robot helmets and never speak, it's easy to lose sight of what's normal, but even Pharrell had to know that his hat was, uh, oversized!?
Pharrell's hat landed him on our worst dressed list
Paris Hilton's dress looked pretty, but it was too see-through and looked too much like a figure skating costume.
Paris Hilton's sheer dress didn't work this year
Have Your Say
What did you think about the Grammy Awards this year? Did you agree with who won and lost? Let us know in the comments section below!