Stand Up Against Bullying on Pink Shirt Day 2014
Bullying can take place anywhere - at school, home and online - and it's important to speak up about it. Stand against bullying without saying a word by slipping into a pink T. Pink Shirt Day takes place Wednesday, February 26th 2014 - what color will you be wearing?
What's Pink Shirt Day About?
Pink Shirt Day was started by two high school students in Nova Scotia, Canada who witnessed a new classmate getting bullied for wearing a pink shirt to school. A lightbulb went off for David Shepard and Travis Price, and they ran to their local dollar store to buy up all the pink shirts they could find and distributed them to everyone at their school, showing the bullies that bullying wasn't okay.
Pink Shirt Day is now celebrated every year as a way for students, whole classrooms, offices and whoever wants to join as a way to speak up about bullying. It takes place every February, and all you need to do to participate is put on some pink!
How Do I Get Involved?
There are lots of different ways to show your support for Pink Shirt Day, and to get your friends and school involved too. Bullying is a serious issue, and Pink Shirt Day can be a great way to get a discussion started with anyone and everyone you know.
- Wear a Pink Shirt! You can buy an official Pink Shirt Day t-shirt here or at London Drugs (shirt sale proceeds go to The Boys and Girls Clubs of Greater Vancouver, and other children's charities.)
- Organize a bake sale or donation drive at your school for PSD or other charities that help combat bullying.
- Challenge your friends and classmates to wear Pink Shirts February 26th, and ask if you can put PSD posters up around your school.
- Share your support for PSD by following their Twitter or joining their Facebook page
- Post the Pink Shirt Day PSA on social media to start making some noise about bullying.
- Share and retweet messages about Pink Shirt Day using the hashtag #pinkshirtday, and if you get your friends involved email your photos of everyone in all their pink glory to firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet them to @pinkshirtday
Kidzworld Profile Themes
In Support of Pink Shirt Day Kidzworld has created themes for your profile! Click here to add one to your profile.
Pink Shirt Day PSA 2014
Check out this PSA for Pink Shirt Day 2014, and don't forget to make some noise about bullying.
For more information on Pink Shirt Day and how to participate, visit pinkshirtday.ca
Have Your Say
Have you had any experiences with bullying? Will you be participating in Pink Shirt Day? Let us know in the comments section below.