Sophia Grace and Rosie's Royal Adventure Interview
Cutie cousins Sophia Grace and Rosie sang and danced their way to stardom on The Ellen DeGeneres Show. Now you can see the lovable performers in their first original live-action movie, Sophia Grace and Rosie's Royal Adventure, out now on DVD and Blu-ray. We had a chance to chat with the girls about their new movie - check out their Kidzworld Interview!
Kidzworld: How are you both doing?
- Sophia Grace: Nice to meet you, we're fine thank you!
Kidzworld: How old are you?
- Sophia Grace: I'm 11.
- Rosie: I'm 7.
Kidzworld: You rose to fame on The Ellen DeGeneres show, can you tell us a little about how that happened?
- Sophia Grace: Well, we put a video up on YouTube of me and Rosie dancing and singing to [kwlink 25272]"Superbass"[/kwlink], and within 5 days the Ellen Show contacted us and they decided they wanted us on their show, and that's pretty much how it started, and then we started getting invited to awards and things.
Kidzworld: Were you guys nervous the first time you went on Ellen?
- Rosie: Yes, I was quite nervous, because it was the first time I saw Ellen and the first time meeting a new person, but as it went on I got to know her more.
Kidzworld: Would you say you have always loved performing together?
- Sophia Grace: We have always loved performing, we love to sing and we love to act as well.
Kidzworld: What are your favorite songs right now?
- Rosie: I love "Let it Go" and Bruno Mars, I forgot the song but it's definitely Bruno Mars
- Sophia Grace: I like "Let it Go" from Frozen as well, I like Drake as well and I love Beyoncé.
Kidzworld: Have you listened to all of the new album?
- Sophia Grace: Not yet, but I've listened to some.
Kidzworld: You guys have your own movie coming out, which is really exciting, can you tell us about how that happened?
- Sophia Grace: Really Ellen just decided she wanted us to do a movie, so we were quite excited to do it, that's how it came to be.
Kidzworld: What is the movie about?
- Sophia Grace: It's about me and Rosie going to a country called Switzelvania, and there are three princesses and we're helping one to become queen.
Kidzworld: Did you get to travel to film it?
- Sophia Grace: Yes! we got to travel to South Africa to film it.
Kidzworld: What was your favorite part to film?
- Sophia Grace: I liked the bit where we were on the ledge and the dungeon was really fun as well cause we got to act scared and I really liked that.
- Rosie: My favorite part was the end part where we all got to dance together.
Kidzworld: Was it difficult to learn the dance?
- Rosie: Yeah it was quite difficult cause we had to learn each step each day.
Kidzworld: Do you think you'll do another movie?
- Sophia Grace: Yeah I think so, we'd really like to cause it's really fun and maybe we could even do it in another country, like Paris or somewhere.
Kidzworld: Do you think you'd like to continue to singing and dancing when you grow up? What would you like to be?
- Sophia Grace: I definitely want to be a singer and an actress, but I also love to learn about the body so i might even be a doctor.
- Rosie: I really want to be an actress, a dancer, a vet and a hostess.
Check out the trailer for Sophia Grace and Rosie's Royal Adventure below, out now on Blu-ray!
Have Your Say
Will you watch Sophia Grace and Rosie's Royal Adventure? Let us know in the comments section below.