Comments

Valentine's Day

Legend has it Valentine was an Italian bishop who lived about the same time as the priest Valentine. He was imprisoned because he secretly married couples, against the laws of the Roman emperor. Back to Article

money maker swag
money maker swag wrote:
2011-02-02 11:54:08 -0800

I NEED ME ANOTHER BOYFRIEND BECUSE I ON TO THE NEXT ONE

teairrah
teairrah wrote:
2011-02-02 10:54:53 -0800

i lov v-day

MNRKAgentSmithy
MNRKAgentSmithy wrote:
2011-02-02 10:38:13 -0800

Valentines Day is only good if you have a girlfriend/boyfriend.

kayla2pretty
kayla2pretty wrote:
2011-02-02 10:36:46 -0800

love valentines day

-Majestic.Miracle
-Majestic.Miracle wrote:
2011-02-02 10:16:40 -0800

I don't really like Valentines Day .....

cookiemonster12_1682348
cookiemonster12_1682348 wrote:
2011-02-02 10:15:21 -0800

i like holloween better cookies!!!! :P

mrs mindless
mrs mindless wrote:
2011-02-02 10:05:05 -0800

V day is the best day duhh

collin99
collin99 wrote:
2011-02-02 09:21:34 -0800

awesomeeee

Little Miss Awesome123
Little Miss Awesome123 wrote:
2011-02-02 09:09:19 -0800

Valentines Day is my b-day so I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!! Big Grin

geekedup247
geekedup247 wrote:
2011-02-02 09:09:11 -0800

I like getting soft GIANT teddy bears and roses. (: But I don't like when some dude I really don't like gives me stuff...What am I suppose 2 say "I'm not gonna take that, your ugly"? ):

luzu1
luzu1 wrote:
2011-02-02 09:08:07 -0800

awesome

flowertam
flowertam wrote:
2011-02-02 08:59:12 -0800

i think that i like it

sticky 10
sticky 10 wrote:
2011-02-02 07:36:02 -0800

V day is the best day evr..its the tyme for love

Do You Have a Valentine?

• Yeah, I *heart* my Valentine.
  • No. I'm flying solo this year.
  • I'm working on it!
  • Valentine's Day is way too commercialized for me.

Micro_micro-cookielips
Valentine’s Day is the perfect time for cookies. Well, most any time is the perfect time for cook...
Micro_valentine-crossword-micro
Valentine's Day is almost here! Time for candy, hearts, flowers, love and, of course, Kidzworld's...
Micro_gifts_micro
Valentine’s Day is a great time to show your loved one how you feel, but what do you do if you're...
Micro_vintage_micro
We’re all familiar with the hearts and candies and flowers associated with Valentine’s Day, but w...

Random in the forums

Teh_Skittlez
Teh_Skittlez posted in Debating:
"Taidoku" wrote:it's wrong because society made it wrong how authoritarian
Boysrock50
Boysrock50 posted in General:
the junior mods and other debaters/regular forum posters
Teh_Skittlez
Teh_Skittlez posted in Debating:
"kingofdisaster_" wrote:I think they do. I feel like if I say they don't, they'll attack me. Well. They haven't attacked me yet.
Teh_Skittlez
Teh_Skittlez posted in Debating:
"AlphaT" wrote: "Teh_Skittlez" wrote: "AlphaT" wrote: "Teh_Skittlez" wrote: Ghosts require more explanation than they provide answers Elaborate? Are you saying that they require more effort than they can give back, or that they hold more mystery than knowledge? There's some phenomena that goes unexplained. But that's the important part, we don't have an explanation. By using ghosts as a solution, we are making unexplained assumptions, you're just displacing your lack of explanation onto the ghost, rather than the event itself. And that's the other part, I haven't heard any physics based woo-free explanation for a disembodied intelligence that lacks a physical body but manages to interact with the physical world. So, for me it's basic Occam's razor. The more complicated answer could be true, but until we have evidence to support the assumptions made it's best to go with the simpler hypotheses that operate within the framework we already have.      First off, I do not believe in ghosts. But, why does this entity have to be intelligent? Why can't be some type of unknown energetic remnant of a past life that's being harbored in a given location? Also, how is nothing simpler than a hypothesis? Admitting to not having an explanation is not a bad thing, especially when you don't have one. There's nothing wrong with saying you haven't been convinced of any particular hypothesis so far, and therefore it remains unexplained to you. You aren't saying it was nothing, you're saying you don't know what it was.  How would we measure this remnant energy of a past life? How many joules should we expect to see? The reason we presume cognizance is because people asserting hypotheses about ghosts often assume that these spirits interact with the world and possess some understanding of cause and effect.
ChickenGoPowPow