The Simpsons TV Show Facts
It's one of the longest-running shows in TV history and it doesn't look like The Simpsons plan to slow down any time soon. Find out all you need to know about this classic comedy!
The Simpsons - Main Cast
- Homer Simpson - D'oh! Homer Simpson may be one of the dumbest guys in town, but that hasn't stopped him from doing some pretty cool things. When he's not working at Mr. Burns' Nuclear Power Plant you might find Homer over at Moe's, inventing new products or strangling Bart.
- Marge Simpson - Why Marge Simpson has stayed with Homer all this time is an age old mystery. She's smart, sophisticated and has gorgeous, tall, blue hair. Whether it's whipping up supper for her family or banning sugar from Springfield, Marge always has something on the go. Despite her husband's dumb-witted ways, Marge stands by the man she loves.
- Bart Simpson - A complete opposite from his sister Lisa, Bart Simpson is always getting himself into trouble. He prides himself on getting nothing but Ds and Fs in school and can regularly be found in detention. Even though he's not a genius in school, Bart has managed to help capture homicidal maniac, Sideshow Bob, not once, but twice!
- Lisa Simpson - Lisa is only in the second grade, but she is one smart cookie. Constantly taking on issues around town, Lisa sometimes drives the people of Springfield a little crazy. Lisa is a vegetarian, she plays the saxaphone and rarely gets along with her brother, Bart.
- Maggie Simpson - She can't talk yet, but Maggie Simpson is still aware that she lives with a pretty crazy family. She's an extremely loveable baby and is never without her red soother!
The Simpsons - Fun Facts
- On May 1, 2005 The Simpsons celebrated their 350th episode!
- The Simpsons became the longest-running prime time animated show in 1997, breaking a record that The Flinstones had previously held.
- Bart's full name is Bartholomew Jojo Simpson.
- A ton of celebrities have made cameos on The Simpsons including Michael Jackson, Willie Nelson, Drew Barrymore, Kelsey Grammer and bands like The Ramones and Blink 182.
- Simpsons creator Matt Groening based Bart Simpson's character on comic book character Dennis the Menace.
- Many characters last names on The Simpsons are named after streets in Portland, Oregon.
The Simpsons - Quotes
"Well, I hope you've learnt your lesson, Lisa: never help anyone." - Homer Simpson.
"No... sorry, you have the wrong number, this is 912." - Chief Wiggum.
"Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from [kwlink]the animals[/kwlink]... except the weasel." - Homer Simpson.
"I have caught word that a child is using his imagination and I've come to put a stop to it." - Principal Skinner.
The Simpsons - DVD Sets
The first nine seasons of The Simpsons are already on DVD and now, the tenth season is hitting store shelves too! The season ten set includes all 25 episodes, commentary from creator Matt Groening and many of The Simpsons voice actors on every episode, deleted scenes and behind the scenes featurettes! There is also a sneak peek for The Simpsons Movie (if you haven't already seen it!) and cool Simpsons-branded commercials. Get to a video store near you and pick up some serious Simpsons goodness!
- Everything You Need to Know About Homer Simpson
- Everything You Need to Know About Marge Simpson
- Everything You Need to Know About Lisa Simpson
- Everything You Need to Know About Bart Simpson