Comments

Wild Things: Giant Galapagos Tortoise

Some of the most impressive facts about the Galapagos Giant Tortoise is that they keep growing for 30 to 40 years, reaching almost five feet. They also weigh about 500 pounds. Back to Article

InfinityAndBeyondxP

directioner_4lyfe wrote:
2013-09-13 13:08:37 -0700

turtles are super cool

JennyD
JennyD wrote:
2013-08-01 13:03:17 -0700

I know someone with a pet turtle

fuzzfuzz23

Little_lollipop wrote:
2013-06-04 21:39:29 -0700

Awesome or what!?

rotty7
rotty7 wrote:
2013-05-24 05:53:43 -0700

Turtles can grow real big...

soosiz
soosiz wrote:
2013-05-20 03:47:16 -0700

Woow O.o

AlphaT
AlphaT wrote:
2013-05-14 19:45:14 -0700

With making a tool to fish, which acts somewhat like a fishing rod.

AlphaT
AlphaT wrote:
2013-05-14 19:44:43 -0700

Another cool fact about Galapagos: They have chimpanzees that have found a form of hunting, equivalent to fishing.

amaroogirl145

2012-06-05 09:32:44 -0700

those things are discusting

blackrockshooter112
blackrockshooter112 wrote:
2011-07-24 12:08:05 -0700

WHO CARES!?!?

What is the Greatest Threat to Endangered Species?

• Poaching/Trophy Hunting/Net Fishing
  • Polluting - Oil Spills, Air Emmisions...
  • Corporate Destruction - Clear Cutting, Chemical Dumping...

We've been hearing a lot about stingrays ever since Steve Irwin was killed by one. We take a look...
Micro_xmas crabs_micro
If you've heard of Christmas Island then you've probably heard about the 120 million land crabs t...
These guys are small members of the crocodile family. But don't let their tiny appearance fool yo...
These guys really do exist! They don't look like the cartoon character very much, but they do hav...

Random in the forums

Teh_Skittlez
Teh_Skittlez posted in Debating:
"american_brit" wrote: "Pokemaster235" wrote: YES! WE women have been neglected for too long!!! I wouldn't necessarily say that. The fight for women's rights has gone on and those for feminist  rights seem to have won. Sure, there is no way to fully promote equal rights, but when it comes to women's place in society -at least in places such as the United States and European countries and in many other regions- it's been on a more leveled playing field with men.  So here? Here where I am? I'm satisfied. I don't believe that women's rights have been neglected. In some ways, they're held above those of men. But out there? Beyond the borders of my "humble" dwelling, there are some problems. Women are abused and seen as lesser. (I'm trying to put this in nicer terms. I don't think it's working... :/)  I think we need to work on fixing those, instead of complaining about how we're deprived as our rights. Because honestly? We have no idea how bad it is.  Sorry,  I went on a mini tangent.  I think your tangent was very good. You seem to have a pretty solid grasp of the situation, and you also are capable of expressing it well. Great post, great job.
reply about 1 hour
KittehFace
KittehFace posted in Debating:
Why do you think that drama shouldn't stop? Don't you come in the chat room clueless about what's going on, the only fact you know currently is that drama is going on? Hmm....odd opinion, I think it should stop because most of the drama that happens on here is just petty and pathetic.
reply about 1 hour
american_brit
american_brit posted in Debating:
"catseli" wrote:I think that people should respect other people who are wiser than you. For example a 10 year old should respect a 11 year old but that 10 year old has to respect a grandpa because the grandpa is smarter and wiser than the 10 year old. I don't believe respect should be based off of level of intelligence or wisdom.  Also, age doesn't play a factor in how "smart" a person is. It does affect how much experience someone may have in the world though, thus more knowledge gained... (: But knowledge is not equivalent to sagacity. Honestly, I'm not sure if this makes any sense. I'm tired and I'm going to be going to bed soon. I'll have to check this out later. Thanks! Goodnight!
reply about 1 hour
american_brit
american_brit posted in Debating:
"AlphaT" wrote:Yes, but not the kind of respect you are thinking of. A 10 year old should respect a 30 year old in a way of authority, but a 10 year old should respect an 11 year old in a way of respecting a peer. (Sometimes I find technology really irritating :annoyed. Like now. Here goes my third attempt of posting. Yay...) Agreed. Not to say that a 30 year old deserves more respect, but it should be displayed differently. The ways I respect my mom and my two year old neighbor, for example, are both distinct -but it's respect all the same. Everyone deserves respect (Gosh I feel redundant), but is should be presented in a way that's unique to the individual.
reply about 1 hour
american_brit
american_brit posted in Debating:
"Pokemaster235" wrote:YES! WE women have been neglected for too long!!! I wouldn't necessarily say that. The fight for women's rights has gone on and those for feminist  rights seem to have won. Sure, there is no way to fully promote equal rights, but when it comes to women's place in society -at least in places such as the United States and European countries and in many other regions- it's been on a more leveled playing field with men.  So here? Here where I am? I'm satisfied. I don't believe that women's rights have been neglected. In some ways, they're held above those of men. But out there? Beyond the borders of my "humble" dwelling, there are some problems. Women are abused and seen as lesser. (I'm trying to put this in nicer terms. I don't think it's working... :/)  I think we need to work on fixing those, instead of complaining about how we're deprived as our rights. Because honestly? We have no idea how bad it is.  Sorry,  I went on a mini tangent.