Comments

Chinese New Year

The Year of the Horse is upon us in 2014 - keep reading to find out about the traditions and parties of the biggest Chinese holiday. Back to Article

maddy473
maddy473 wrote:
2014-01-31 17:34:41 -0800

awesome

Jennifer24
Jennifer24 wrote:
2014-01-31 10:53:46 -0800

I Bet Its Alot Of Fun

Turtle52
Turtle52 wrote:
2014-01-31 10:48:12 -0800

Chū rù píng ān (peace and safety wherever you are in Mandarin)

allen
admin
allen wrote:
2014-01-31 10:43:51 -0800

Kung Hei Fat Choi - that is "congratulations and wishing your prosperity in Cantonese

Keekeow

micheal576 wrote:
2014-01-27 16:30:09 -0800

with homework

micheal576
micheal576 wrote:
2014-01-27 16:29:43 -0800

hold up. though the celebration is cool and the dragon too. what does this have to due with homework. Frustrated

haritorres
haritorres wrote:
2014-01-18 00:53:27 -0800

my grand mother is chinese...so,i love the chinese tradition...

Shadeleaf
Shadeleaf wrote:
2014-01-08 16:17:26 -0800

Why is it so epic??

DarkDead
DarkDead wrote:
2013-12-30 08:15:42 -0800

why do we have to care

flowertam
flowertam wrote:
2013-07-28 19:12:46 -0700

I'm from Vietnam but now I live in the US. We have like dragons like that on new years and grown-ups put money in a small red envelopes and give to kids. I get a lot of money.

hugebear
junior mod
hugebear wrote:
2013-07-28 08:56:28 -0700

nice xD

kittykat33
kittykat33 wrote:
2013-03-14 12:57:53 -0700

My sign is the dragon! RAWR!

onlyindarkness
onlyindarkness wrote:
2012-01-12 17:14:21 -0800

I dislike Kagura. ._. she scares me.

Makiee
Makiee wrote:
2012-01-12 17:13:48 -0800

Heh..Yeah My first anime loviee was Momiji :3 Year of the Rabbit!!

capricacute
capricacute wrote:
2012-01-12 17:13:02 -0800

Yesh, my stupid cat Kyo will always be my first anime love..

Makiee
Makiee wrote:
2012-01-12 17:12:51 -0800

Woo! Got a conversation started Big Grin And just think, We just celebrated Kagura Sohma's Birthday before Big Grin

kiss456
kiss456 wrote:
2012-01-12 17:11:55 -0800

I Like the year of the Cat! >:3

capricacute
capricacute wrote:
2012-01-12 17:11:49 -0800

YEAH! MY ADORABLE YUKKKIIIIII!

Poll

What Is the Chinese Year Based On?

• The sun.
  • The cycles of the moon.
  • The seasons.
  • The weather.

Micro_red moon pies - micro
The Chinese New Year is the most important of traditional Chinese holidays and is celebrated in a...
Micro_rabbit_micro
February 3, 2010 (that's right, Valentine's Day!) marks the start of the Year of the Rabbit on th...
Micro_year-of-horse-2014-micro
In the Chinese culture, each year is represented by one of 12 animals, and the animal that's tied...
February 14, 2010 (that's right, Valentine's Day!) marks the start of the Year of the Tiger on th...
Micro_ching-ming-featival-micro
There are more Asian peeps in the world than anyone else. KW checks out some of their traditions.

Random in the forums

Taidoku
Taidoku posted in Debating:
we will likely kill ourselves (from my theory) with a mass war
wolfiegal
wolfiegal posted in General:
Elizabeth221
Elizabeth221 posted in Debating:
huh???
LAZY778
LAZY778 posted in Debating:
"Taidoku" wrote: "LAZY778" wrote: "Teh_Skittlez" wrote: "CocoC01" wrote: In my opinion, our world will end when our world is totally dried up. Because our Earth`s ozone layer is getting thinner day by day. It is due to the selfishness of humans which do not care about the current issues of our Earth`s problems. Human activity like too much usage of air conditioners and people who do not close refrigerator properly may cause the thinning of the precious ozone layer. The examples that I`ve listed release CFC. This CFC will mix with the nitrogen in the air and cause the ozone layer to decrease. This may cause more UV light rays to enter Earth and causes the earth temperature to increase little by little every day. As the years go by Earth will dry up one day due to the high temperature and no protection given by the ozone layer for the human race to live in this world. I'm not saying that global warming isn't a significant issue or that it doesn't need our attention, I just don't think it's going to be what kills us. It might kill a lot of everything else, but I don't think it'll kill us.    Well what will die from global warming? "LAZY778" wrote: "Teh_Skittlez" wrote: "CocoC01" wrote: In my opinion, our world will end when our world is totally dried up. Because our Earth`s ozone layer is getting thinner day by day. It is due to the selfishness of humans which do not care about the current issues of our Earth`s problems. Human activity like too much usage of air conditioners and people who do not close refrigerator properly may cause the thinning of the precious ozone layer. The examples that I`ve listed release CFC. This CFC will mix with the nitrogen in the air and cause the ozone layer to decrease. This may cause more UV light rays to enter Earth and causes the earth temperature to increase little by little every day. As the years go by Earth will dry up one day due to the high temperature and no protection given by the ozone layer for the human race to live in this world. I'm not saying that global warming isn't a significant issue or that it doesn't need our attention, I just don't think it's going to be what kills us. It might kill a lot of everything else, but I don't think it'll kill us.    Well what will die from global warming? well, sea levels will rise, and in an extreme case, can drown people, and drown whole cities (which will likely not happen in our lifetime) Yes that will happen because of  global warming.
LAZY778
LAZY778 posted in Debating:
"Ilikeham123" wrote:####! (German for no) has anyone read mine- the sun will start to die and expand outwards in 5.4 billion years time and it will swell over Mercury Venus and Earth. I read it but with what we are doing to our planet mankind won't exist by then so that theory is right of course but we won't well mankind won't exist.