Harrison Ford: Rescue Hero
Harrison Ford's biography is like a list of the best movies ever. He starred in all three of the original Star Wars movies as Han Solo, he's played the heroic president of the USA in Air Force One and saved the day as Indiana Jones in three flicks. Harrison Ford is a man of action on screen - and he's a hero off screen too.
Harrison Ford Rescues People
Twice in one year Harrison Ford rushed to the rescue, like Han Solo from Star Wars, in his private Bell 407 helicopter.
- August 5, 2000 he rescued 20 year-old Sarah George from a hiking trip gone wrong. She was stranded with her friend Megan until Harrison Ford flew down in his chopper and flew her to the hospital. He didn't even mind that she threw up in his chopper!
- July 11, 2001, when rescue teams couldn't find a missing Boy Scout, 13 year-old Cody Clawson, they called Harrison Ford. Harrison put on his superhero tights and flew his chopper in to rescue Cody. He found Cody, picked him up and flew him to safety.
Harrison Ford: Chopper Pilot
All this heroism is because Harrison Ford owns his own helicopter (and planes) and helps out search & rescue teams near his home in Jackson Hole, Wyoming. Helping out his community and saving people in trouble makes Harrison Ford a real-life action hero.
- Celeb Causes - The Beastie Boys on Human Rights
- Celeb Causes - Bono The Activist
- More on Celebrities, Stars and Hollywood