Comments

Good Friday

If Good Friday is a holiday about the execution of the Christians' savior then what's so good about it? Read on to get the scoop. Back to Article

american_brit
american_brit wrote:
2014-04-20 14:59:10 -0700

I'm such a sap. I had a feeling of great joy when I read this... and then I also wanted to cry (I didn't cry, however). It's amazing how much he loves us. So amazing. I believe you're right. If only one person was here on Earth, if His death could allow him to have eternal life with Him and The Father, then yes. I believe He would die for the sake of that one person.

Ilikeham123
Ilikeham123 wrote:
2014-04-19 02:22:11 -0700

Hey are you sure you've read all the pages of the bible? Jesus came back to life didn't he?

jleigh123
jleigh123 wrote:
2014-04-18 19:59:55 -0700

i know the stories growing up so i do believe in god and jesus and the stories so yes that is true

woahitskar
woahitskar wrote:
2014-04-18 18:35:33 -0700

The Bible mentions Hanukkah and Passover, not Christmas and Easter. Those are both Pagan holidays, thus why the supermajority of Christians don't celebrate it.

woahitskar
woahitskar wrote:
2014-04-18 18:34:57 -0700

And where in the Bible does it say that Easter, is the holiday in which we are supposed to celebrate the rising of the Messiah? Nowhere. It talks about Passover, not Easter. In Acts, it mentions the word Easter once, and that's translated to Thanksgiving. The whole Christianity religion was created due to Jesus, as was the Jewish religion.

Christmas and Easter are both Pagan holidays. Pagans would take the blood of the babies and paint the Easter eggs; the Christmas tree represents a male part

TheRealRipper
TheRealRipper wrote:
2014-04-18 18:30:45 -0700

christians are not technically jewish because Jesus was jewish. Christians have the bible and Jews have the Torah. they are different religions. most holidays like christmas and halloween were based off of pagan traditions

woahitskar
woahitskar wrote:
2014-04-18 18:26:31 -0700

You can look anywhere online, and Easter was created by Pagans, not Christians. Christians are technically Jewish, since not only Jesus was Jewish, but the Jewish religion created the branch of Christianity.

Not once does it mention Easter in the Bible. Passover? Yes. But not Easter.

TheRealRipper
TheRealRipper wrote:
2014-04-18 18:23:54 -0700

passover is part of Jewish religion. Easter is when Jesus rose from the grave

woahitskar
woahitskar wrote:
2014-04-18 18:22:21 -0700

*sigh* Easter is NOT a Christian holiday! Yes, we celebrate Jesus dying on the cross, but that's called PASSOVER! EASTER is a PAGAN holiday!

jen252
jen252 wrote:
2014-04-18 16:34:38 -0700

same with me

nba15
nba15 wrote:
2014-04-18 16:30:07 -0700

I believe and always will

yogurtiscool
yogurtiscool wrote:
2014-04-18 15:42:12 -0700

d

linkofhyrule
linkofhyrule wrote:
2014-04-18 14:48:59 -0700

He would have died even of it was only you on the earth

MonsterGirl900
MonsterGirl900 wrote:
2014-04-18 14:05:02 -0700

The rest of my family dles not beleive in jesus

JennyD
JennyD wrote:
2014-04-18 13:34:01 -0700

me too

allykitten45
allykitten45 wrote:
2014-04-18 12:55:47 -0700

Accidentally ate meat uh oh

miz-wolf1
miz-wolf1 wrote:
2014-04-18 12:21:54 -0700

a lot of us dont really deserve that

kmerr
kmerr wrote:
2014-04-18 11:18:04 -0700

thank the mighty Jesus for making us who we are today

kmerr
kmerr wrote:
2014-04-18 11:15:37 -0700

that's cool

AuggieG
AuggieG wrote:
2014-04-18 10:25:49 -0700

he was on the cross for our sins . . it's sad

How Are You Spending Good Friday?

• Hanging out with my peeps and enjoying the day off school.
  • I'm going to church.
  • I'm going to make hot cross buns.
  • Sleeping in and watching daytime TV.

Micro_easter-crossword-micro
Bunny rabbits, colored eggs and, of course, lots and lots of chocolate! Think you know all about ...
Micro_eggs-micro
Easter isn't complete unless you sit down to make some Easter eggs, so put your artistic skills t...
Micro_easter-basket-micro
Easter is almost here, which means a long weekend of tiny chocolate eggs. Here are some crafts to...
Micro_happy-easter-micro
Easter may make you think about bunnies and treats, but it isn't just about chocolate. Find out a...

Random in the forums

Teh_Skittlez
Teh_Skittlez posted in Debating:
"AlphaT" wrote: "Teh_Skittlez" wrote: "AlphaT" wrote: "Teh_Skittlez" wrote: "Vampire Poison" wrote: I'm not exactly sure about this one, I do feel like we should have the death penalty, and then again, I think it's cruel. I believe that it depends on the kind of person and what their crime is. I would feel a lot safer if a person who was a serial killer wasn't around anymore. Again, the Anders Breivik case is a great example of a country treating a mass murderer like a human being rather than a monster (after all, we are a little bit old to be believing in monsters).  So...after reading up on him, I'm very surprised.  He was the Taliban's Taliban.  But he's twisted. He should not of been deemed sane. He should be spending the rest of his days in Solitary Confinement.  Would locking this man in a small space and letting his mind corrode even further really service anyone? Would you or I actually be better off? Do you think the victims' families will be safer at night knowing we've crushed the psyche of a murderer?  Being in prison is good enough, and he'll stay in prison as long as he's a threat, I see no reason that we need to torture him (and that is exactly what indefinite solitary confinement is), other than to satisfy our primal desires. This is why I consider this such a progressive decision. Treating even mass murderers like human beings who still have potential value is progress.  Crushing his psyche is more humane then killing the man. And at this point, he's not going to be much good to society.  Not every psychopathic murderer can come back to be a good citizen. Should he get a shrink? Of course. But if he's deemed "broken beyond repair" I don't see why we should let him be among others, so that he can either be martyr'd for his beliefs in jail or kill a Muslim who is in the prison, or spread his message to to others.  The compromise is that we need to have a volley of psychological tests to determine if they could be fixed (And yes, i know it's not that simple...but its better then letting EVERY SINGLE PSYCHOPATH in a regular prison) and use those tests to place them either in a regular prison, or have a makeshift Arkham Asylum, or solitary confinement.  I think you're confusing high-security and solitary confinement. There is absolutely no reason to keep anybody in solitary confinement indefinitely. We do not need to kill him, or crush his psyche, we have other options. IF he is still deemed unsafe, they can deal with him as they see fit. Obviously if he presents an active danger to other inmates, he should be kept away, but I seriously question the idea that we should preemptively punish him for things he hasn't actually done yet. I don't disagree that it's a case-by-case basis, obviously not every murderer can be reintegrated into society, but if there's even one, don't you think we should give him that opportunity? I think we should start by assuming that every one can be rehabilitated (which obviously won't happen), and then narrow it down from there, not the other way around. Prison is not about making people uncomfortable, it should be about keeping society safe, and about reintegrating violent criminals into a safe society.
Fenmore
Fenmore posted in Say Anything:
potato
WizardMorgan
COOKIES  :)
AlphaT
AlphaT posted in Say Anything:
Store bought posters, be swaggin in dat room yo.
Macbarbie09
Macbarbie09 posted in General:
Welcome to my August faves! Here are some of my Fave things in August: Song: Dancing Queen- ABBA!! That song is so Awesome!! Rude- Magic!!!  Why you gotta be so rude? Don't you know im Human too? Food: Ice Cream! Game: Pokemon X!! Show: How i met your mother what are some of your faves from August??