Birthdate: December 10, 1985
Birthplace: Atlanta, Georgia
Real Name: Raven-Symone Christina Pearman
She was acting long before she could read and has become one of Disney's "It" girls. She may only be 21, but that hasn't stopped Raven from building up a pretty impressive resume. Get the 411 on Raven AKA Raven-Symone.
Raven-Symone - Breaking Into the Biz
While most actors struggle through hundreds of auditions and bit parts before ever making it big, Raven had landed her career-launching role at the tender age of four. When she was just two, she was signed by the Ford Modeling Agency and her family moved to New York to help advance her career. In 1989, Raven auditioned for a part in the Bill Cosby movie, Ghost Dad. She was a little too young for the part, but Bill Cosby liked her so much that he found a part for her on his show, The Cosby Show, as his grand-daughter Olivia. Raven played the part of Olivia until 1992, when The Cosby Show went off the air.
Raven-Symone - Hits the Big Screen
Within a year after The Cosby Show ended, Raven had already snagged another big part as Nicole Lee on the show Hangin' With Mr. Cooper. During her time on that show, Raven also managed to land her first big screen role in the movie The Little Rascals. From there, Raven was unstoppable - playing opposite Eddie Murphy in both Dr. Dolittle and Dr. Dolittle 2. She then appeared in both Fat Albert and The Princess Diaries 2: The Royal Engagement in 2004. Her next big screen project, Double Dutch, is scheduled to be released sometime in 2007.
Raven-Symone - Teaming Up With Disney
In 2002, Raven signed up with Disney to star in her very own TV show, That's So Raven. Disney gigs have kept Raven a very busy girl. Not only does she work on That's So Raven, she also lends her voice to the cartoon Kim Impossible. If that's not enough, Raven is also a member of the all-girl band, The Cheetah Girls, who have their own CD and two Disney Original TV movies! The latest Cheetah Girls flick, The Cheetah Girls 2, follows the girls to Spain - and you can now own it on DVD!
Raven-Symone - Did U Know?
- Raven-Symone used to share an apartment in LA with Lindsay Lohan.
- Raven-Symone has released two albums - Here's to New Dreams in 1993 and Undeniable in 1999. The That's So Raven TV soundtrack (featuring songs by Raven-Symone), hit shelves on May 18, 2004.
- Missy Elliot wrote the song "That's What Little Girls Are Made Of" on Raven's first album, Here's to New Dreams, which came out in 1993.
- Raven-Symone is rumored to be starring in a remake of the '80s flick, Adventures in Babysitting, tentatively scheduled for a 2008 release.
"I worked with the same choreographer that I have been working with for years, so he knows my style and he knows what I like and what I hate and can't do. Turns don't work very well for me; I just can't get all the way around."
- The Cheetah Girls 2 DVD Review
- The Cheetah Girls 411
- Quiz! That's So Raven Trivia!
- More Celebrity Bios, Gossip and News!