MLB Slugfest Loaded for the PS2
Get ready for hard tags, scoreboard shattering homeruns and plenty of other explosive action with MLB Slugfest Loaded from Midway Games.
Get ready for hard tags, scoreboard-shattering homeruns and mind-blowing pitches with MLB Slugfest Loaded. It's the most powerful and explosively entertaining baseball video game you've ever played. Read on for Gary's review of MLB Slugest Loaded for the PS2.
MLB Slugfest Loaded - Over-The-Top Action
The Slugfest mode of MLB Slugfest Loaded is what sets this game apart from all other baseball video games. The over-the-top features include hard tags, special pitches and the ability to "catch fire." For example, in Slugfest mode, a baserunner can avoid a tag by stiff-arming the fielder to the ground before he applies a tag. A fielder can retaliate by giving the runner a hard punch to the stomach the next time he runs around the bases. Other cool features of Slugfest mode are the ability to knock a batter to the ground hard with a bean ball and the ability of fielders to climb 20 feet up the outfield wall to make a catch. If you want to get ridicuouly crazy, you can play against a team of Sub-Zero models from Mortal Kombat by unlocking special features.
MLB Slugfest Loaded - Special Pitches and Turbo Power
Pitchers are given Special Pitches each inning that are wild physics-defying throws, which are virtually impossible to hit and very cool to watch. Slugfest Loaded also has a Turbo Meter, which can be used to pump up pretty much everything in the game, from your fielders' running speed, to your batters' power, to the speed of your pitchers' fastballs. If baseball players "catching fire" and players punching each other is a bit much for you, than you can always swith to MLB Classic mode for a more "normal" game. But, why would you want to?
MLB Slugfest Loaded - Online
One of the biggest additions to MLB Slugfest Loaded is the online mode, which allows you to play online against other gamers. You can improve your Slugfest Rating by beating other players and climb up the ranks of Slugfest's Playground League. You can even chat online to your opponents by plugging a headset into your PS2 console.
MLB Slugfest Loaded Video Game Age Rating: Teen.
MLB Slugfest Loaded Video Game Thumbs Up:
- Slugfest mode - The special effects, over-the-top animations and turbo-speed plays are what make Slugfest Loaded the very best baseball video game around.
- MLB Slugest Loaded Franchise mode - Manage a budget, sign free agents, scout players in the minors, and make trades. Manage your favorite real MLB team or create a team made up of Sosa, Jeter, Pujols and other MLB All-Stars.
- MLB Slugfest Loaded Online - Connect your PS2 console to the Internet with a network adaptor and play online against baseball gamers from around the world. Using your PS2's USB port, you can connect a headset and chat online with other gamers as well
MLB Slugfest Loaded Video Game Thumbs Down:
- There's not really much to complain about with this game, but the play-by-play commentary for MLB Slugest Loaded becomes annoying and painfully corny after about two innings. Thankfully, you have the option to turn the commentary off.
MLB Slugfest Loaded Rating:
- Playstation 2 - All Star Baseball 2005
- Playstation 2 - World Tour Soccer 2005
- EA's NFL Street Football Video Game
- More Video Game Reviews