Comments

How Potato Batteries Work

Potatoes are great mashed, roasted or in clocks. That's right, potatoes are nature's tastiest battery. Get the 411 on this powerfully delicious snack. Back to Article

Aarjan
Aarjan wrote:
2013-05-07 09:06:57 -0700

I will try this...Interesting..smile

Chris the awesome
Chris the awesome wrote:
2013-05-07 09:06:28 -0700

I can eat my battery amazing

Chris the awesome

luis lopez ferlando wrote:
2013-02-09 03:00:10 -0800

You are cool

smosh_bob
smosh_bob wrote:
2013-01-19 16:51:43 -0800

It works with an ordanary plug if you do it the same way!!!!!!

Madstar :)
Madstar :) wrote:
2012-09-01 22:18:04 -0700

POTATOES!!!!!

Nekolove
Nekolove wrote:
2012-08-08 18:33:17 -0700

I was going to do this for my science fair...the
awesomeness of a potato -_-

animeangel3
animeangel3 wrote:
2012-08-08 18:15:40 -0700

fff yeah potato

designer_me555
designer_me555 wrote:
2012-08-08 18:14:09 -0700

Ahh potatoes.1 of the only vegetables that can be turned into something satisfying.

animeangel3
animeangel3 wrote:
2012-08-07 16:12:49 -0700

Potato.
....
POTaTOS XD

Bbella
Bbella wrote:
2012-06-15 18:57:29 -0700

I think this is interesting next year I have a science fair I'm definitely doing this easy and fast
Project

Alpha.me
Alpha.me wrote:
2012-05-25 05:30:56 -0700

Cool, I am going to try this in my Science Project..

natnat_150

sallylo6 wrote:
2012-04-11 16:58:18 -0700

cool

MakeHerYourWorld_2064812
MakeHerYourWorld_2064812 wrote:
2012-04-10 19:02:57 -0700

I Wonder If This REALLY Works.

katkatkat39
katkatkat39 wrote:
2012-04-09 12:38:29 -0700

i am doing it for my science fair project! smile smile

F1092091074203

Fave Potato Dish? Vote!

• Mmmmm... Mashed.
  • Yes I would like fries with that.
  • It's all about chips.
  • Roasted to perfection.

Micro_a mic
There is a new car company in Japan making cars that run completely on water! The strange thing i...
Micro_micro_geyser
What’s better than soda, candy and explosions? What about soda, candy and explosions all at the s...
Micro_kevin temmer_micro
Kevin Temmer loves to draw. In high school, Kevin decided to create an animated short to teach st...
Micro_science fair - micro
Looking for a really cool science experiment? Clear the house and then check out some of these sc...

Random in the forums

jiansapphire
ONE DIRECTION !! :D
heyitsalex
mY bestie  angel (heyitsangel) shes the only friend i got friend her shes awsome epic amazeing bright faithfull hopefull careing loving best thing i got to be best friends with her :) :) :) ♡♥♡ anngel  your always gonna be my bff right? :)(:
BuzzJuzz
BuzzJuzz posted in Electronics:
Our whole life depends on electronics. Without living with them is now like living without drinking water which is absolutely impossible.
reply about 1 hour
AlphaT
AlphaT posted in Electronics:
"-Karpov-" wrote: "AlphaT" wrote: you know that we could throw studies at each other all day. Good luck, considering the consensus of those doctors and psychologists is against you.  "AlphaT" wrote: Lots of people who spend large amounts of time on The Internet do so to escape social anxiety. That is why MANY people who feel like social outcasts, or are anxious in a social setting, resort to social networking. You're saying that people who don't socialize / don't want to socialize / can't socialize have found a way where they can comfortably socialize with others through social networking and somehow that is a bad thing. Truly these are the end times I'm just going to post this and then not reply to you again because I already know how it would go.   You have given me two individual people in the first study, and five in the second. I'm not following how this is a consensus of anything. The HomeNet 1 study was inconclusive, it didn't exactly account for the people's different uses for Internet use. HomeNet 2 even validates my claim. They found that heavier internet use leads to a decline in face to face social interaction. But again, this test was before Internet networking became what it is today, along with every single study you have mentioned. I have found some good studies out there, but not anything that I wouldn't have to pay 30 bucks for or whatever. I never said that The Internet makes people lonely, I stated that the Internet is where lonely people go to find false solace. And that, is unhealthy. I'm just going to post this and then not reply to you again because I already know how it would go. OMG You're a psychic? What's my future?
reply about 1 hour
-Karpov-
-Karpov- posted in Electronics:
"AlphaT" wrote:you know that we could throw studies at each other all day. Good luck, considering the consensus of those doctors and psychologists is against you.  "AlphaT" wrote:Lots of people who spend large amounts of time on The Internet do so to escape social anxiety. That is why MANY people who feel like social outcasts, or are anxious in a social setting, resort to social networking. You're saying that people who don't socialize / don't want to socialize / can't socialize have found a way where they can comfortably socialize with others through social networking and somehow that is a bad thing. Truly these are the end times I'm just going to post this and then not reply to you again because I already know how it would go. People are not passively affected by technology, but actively shape its use and influence (Fischer 1992, Hughes & Hans 2001). The Internet has unique, even transformational qualities as a communication channel, including relative anonymity and the ability to easily link with others who have similar interests, values, and beliefs. Research has found that the relative anonymity aspect encourages self-expression, and the relative absence of physical and nonverbal interaction cues (e.g., attractiveness) facilitates the formation of relationships on other, deeper bases such as shared values and beliefs. At the same time, however, these “limited bandwidth” features of Internet communication also tend to leave a lot unsaid and unspecified, and open to inference and interpretation. Not surprisingly, then, one’s own desires and goals regarding the people with whom one interacts have been found to make a dramatic difference in the assumptions and attributions one makes within that informational void. Despite past media headlines to the contrary, the Internet does not make its users depressed or lonely, and it does not seem to be a threat to community life---quite the opposite, in fact. If anything, the Internet, mainly through #-####, has facilitated communication and thus close ties between family and friends, especially those too far away to visit in person on a regular basis. The Internet can be fertile territory for the information of new relationships as well, especially those based on shared values and interests as opposed to attractiveness and physical appearance as is the norm in the off-line world (see Hatfield & Sprecher 1986). And in any event, when these Internet-formed relationships get close enough (i.e., when sufficient trust has been established), people tend to bring them into their "real world"---that is, the traditional face-to-face and telephone interaction sphere. This means nearly all of the typical person's close friends will be in touch with them in "real life"---on the phone or in person--- and not so much over the Internet, which gives the lie to the media stereotype of the Internet as drawing people away from their "real-life" friends.