Prince William Bio
Prince William is hot, smart and heir to the British throne. In April 2011, two billion of us watched him marry his princess. Now that the Royal Wedding is over, learn more about what “Wills” is all about on Kidzworld!
Born in St. Mary’s Hospital in London, England on June 21, 1982, William is the eldest son of Diana, Princess of Wales and Charles, Prince of Wales. This makes him second in line to the throne after his dad! He has a younger brother, Prince Harry, who was born in 1984.
A Brave Prince
Tragedy hit William’s life in 1997 when he was only 15 years old and his younger brother Harry was 13. His mother, Diana, Princess of Wales, died in a car accident in France. His parents had divorced in 1996. The two young brothers were devastated at the loss of their mother as they were very close.
The School Years
Prince William attended Eton, the most famous prep school in England following in the footsteps of Diana’s father and brother who are both alumni. After he graduated, he took a gap year and traveled the world and did volunteer work as a teacher in Chile. He went on to the famous St. Andrews University in Scotland where he would meet his future wife, Catherine (Kate) Middleton, who was also a student at the the school.
The Royal Wedding
On April 29, 2011, Prince William married Catherine Middleton at Westminster Abbey in London. We couldn’t take our eyes off the television screen - the whole day was a fairytale! William and Kate are now officially known as the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge!
William the Pilot
William attended the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst and in 2009 he completed training to become a pilot! He was transferred to the Royal Air Force and started to train how to fly a helicopter to become a full time pilot with the Search and Rescue team. Go William!
- His favourite football team in the UK is Aston Villa!
- As a volunteer in Chile, he volunteered as a guest radio DJ for the local radio station.
- He met his wife, Kate Middleton, during his first year of university. They went on to date for eight years until their recent wedding!
- Prince William is left-handed!
- When he was a little boy, he told his mom he wanted to be a policeman!
- As the firstborn male, he's set to become king after both his grandmother, Queen Elizabeth II, and his father die or relinquish the throne.
- Prince William once fractured his skull when his friend accidentally hit him in the head with a golf club.
- Prince William has a black Labrador named Widgeon.
Prince William Says...
"My mother used her position very well to help other people, as does my father, and I hope to do the same."