-
x

Meet New Friends!

Recommended friends are based on your interests. Make sure they are up to date.

Friends ff8c072dd79a91c1300f032d674241a8d64367100ffb1f25fa3f9bec4a05319f
Kidzworld Logo

Arthur and the Minimoys Book Review

Arthur and the Minimoys Book Review - Reviewed by Kidzworld on Dec 27, 2006
( Rating: 5 Star Rating)

Arthur travels to the underground land of the Minimoys to find the hidden secrets of his long, lost grandfather. Read this book review of Arthur and Minimoys by childrens author, Luc Besson.

Author: Luc Besson

Arthur travels to an underground land to find the hidden secrets of his long, lost grandfather in Arthur and the Minimoys.

Underground Adventure

When an evil land developer trys to steal his grandmother's house, ten year-old Arthur sets off on a mission to recover a stolen treasure, hidden by his grandfather years ago. While searching for clues, Arthur is catapulted into an adventure that's wilder than he ever imagined. In order to find the missing treasure, Arthur travels to the land of the Minimoys, a miniature people who are less than one inch tall! In three days, Arthur must battle a force of mosquito-riding warriors, defeat an evil wizard and capture the heart of a beautiful Minimoyan princess.

Miniature Mayhem

Arthur and the Minimoys is a fantasy-adventure with tons of cool creatures, plenty of evil and several obstacles, which force young Arthur to come of age and become a leader. While making his way through the enchanting world of the Minimoys, Arthur battles warriors, uncovers an ancient treasure and falls in love - all in three days!


The Bottom Line

Arthur and the Minimoys is an exciting adventure through a mysterious underground land, filled with monsterous creatures, beautiful princesses and large evil insects. The ending will leave you eagerly waiting the next book in the series, Arthur and the Forbidden City. A movie based on both books will be hitting theaters some time in 2006.


Arthur and the Minimoys Rating: 5


Related Stories:

  • Arthur and the Forbidden City Book Review
  • Gossamer Book Review
  • The City of Ember Book Review
  • Septimus Heap: Magyk Book Review
  • More Book Reviews!
  • 0 Comments

    Related Stories

    F1117829470484

    Have You Ever Travelled To Another World?

    • Yes - several times.
    • No - I'm happy staying on planet Earth.
    • No - but I'd like to some day.
    • There's no such thing as other worlds.

    General In The Forums

    jordand08
    jordand08 posted in Say Anything:
    Please stay on topic, if you have any more concerns you can comment either myself or kirsten. 
    reply about 2 hours
    jordand08
    jordand08 posted in Say Anything:
    "AlphaT" wrote: "jordand08" wrote: "AlphaT" wrote:Oh wow, a genuine trigger warning. Did the memes teach you nothing? First off, an actual warning. Take no action based on what you've read here without first consulting a mental health professional. Now, I have a lot of experience in mental illness. I have ADHD(Pre-DSMV), an anxiety disorder, and I've tested significant for bipolar (Pre-DSMV). My best advise is to find a therapist that you personally connect with. It's not about being comfortable, because a good therapist will challenge your thoughts, but you need to be able to accept those challenges. And to do that, you'll need a therapist that you mesh with. Aside from that, good medication can go a long way to helping you live with your mental issues. However, this isn't true for everyone, and it should be handled by a medical professional.  I'm sorry I found your comment rude. This post is not just about mental illnesses, and mental health is a universal thing that requires you to take care of yourself because you can't always see professionals because their isn't always easy access to them. Which is all clearly stated in the post. If you say something again on this post that's rude it will be reported I'm not sure what you mean by "rude". I mean, you found what I said to be rude, but you gave no reason why. If I don't know how to accommodate for your standards of rudeness, I feel like I'm doomed to repeat my trespass.  So, how exactly was I being rude? Your very first sentence. Yes its suppose  to be saracastic, but not everything has to be answered with as a joke, because some people take offense to it.
    reply about 2 hours
    AlphaT
    AlphaT posted in Say Anything:
    "jordand08" wrote:"AlphaT" wrote:Oh wow, a genuine trigger warning. Did the memes teach you nothing? First off, an actual warning. Take no action based on what you've read here without first consulting a mental health professional. Now, I have a lot of experience in mental illness. I have ADHD(Pre-DSMV), an anxiety disorder, and I've tested significant for bipolar (Pre-DSMV). My best advise is to find a therapist that you personally connect with. It's not about being comfortable, because a good therapist will challenge your thoughts, but you need to be able to accept those challenges. And to do that, you'll need a therapist that you mesh with. Aside from that, good medication can go a long way to helping you live with your mental issues. However, this isn't true for everyone, and it should be handled by a medical professional.  I'm sorry I found your comment rude. This post is not just about mental illnesses, and mental health is a universal thing that requires you to take care of yourself because you can't always see professionals because their isn't always easy access to them. Which is all clearly stated in the post. If you say something again on this post that's rude it will be reported I'm not sure what you mean by "rude". I mean, you found what I said to be rude, but you gave no reason why. If I don't know how to accommodate for your standards of rudeness, I feel like I'm doomed to repeat my trespass.  So, how exactly was I being rude? 
    reply about 2 hours
    Kirsteeeeen
    thanks for posting this Kristen. I think that it is a tough subject to talk about with other people and honestly I think it's good to talk about it in a moderate amount. Now that more pepole are being diagnosed with learning differences or some sort of other mental health disorder, I think that talking about it and informing people will only make it easier for people to feel less awkward or the odd man out. That's how I found about that I am not the only person in the room who has ADD. I'm more willing to come out and talk to people and discribe what I have to go through on a daily basis to raise awareness. School will always be hard for me so I look at my strengths to help push me forward in life.  Thank you for sharing! First of all I'd like to say I admire your bravery and I hope that things continue to improve. :) I agree, talking about it in a moderate amount is useful, as is reminding ourselves that mental health starts anybody, and that coping strategies and learning to love yourself are important no matter what, inside AND outside of a situation that would require therapy. It's also definitely helpful to know you're not the only one. And that there are so many successful people who have battled the same battles and still came out on top. Again, thank you. :)
    reply about 3 hours
    jordand08
    jordand08 posted in Say Anything:
    Oh wow, a genuine trigger warning. Did the memes teach you nothing?  First off, an actual warning. Take no action based on what you've read here without first consulting a mental health professional.  Now, I have a lot of experience in mental illness. I have ADHD(Pre-DSMV), an anxiety disorder, and I've tested significant for bipolar (Pre-DSMV).  My best advise is to find a therapist that you personally connect with. It's not about being comfortable, because a good therapist will challenge your thoughts, but you need to be able to accept those challenges. And to do that, you'll need a therapist that you mesh with.  Aside from that, good medication can go a long way to helping you live with your mental issues. However, this isn't true for everyone, and it should be handled by a medical professional.  I'm sorry I found your comment rude. This post is not just about mental illnesses, and mental health is a universal thing that requires you to take care of yourself because you can't always see professionals because their isn't always easy access to them. Which is all clearly stated in the post. If you say something again on this post that's rude it will be reported
    reply about 3 hours