Shows to Watch This Summer
All your fave shows have come to their season's end and you're stuck watching a bunch of M.A.S.H re-runs with the 'rents. Don't worry - there are a ton of great new (and old) shows coming to a small screen near you. Find out which ones are worth spending your vacation time watching!
Summer TV Schedule - Reality TV
- I Want to be a Hilton - Fourteen contestants are pitted against one another to catch the eye of social elitist, Kathy Hilton. Contestants on the show will have to compete in a number of challenges including art and culture, fashion and etiquette. The winner will walk away with a $200,000 trust fund. Catch this show on NBC starting on June 21, 2005.
- Beauty and the Geek - The plan behind Beauty and the Geek is to create one, ultimate super-couple. Super geeky guys are paired with drop-dead gorgeous fashionistas and they are each supposed to pass on some of their talents to their partner (whether it's rocket science or dance skills). The pair that passes the most tests will win $250,000! This show is another Ashton Kutcher creation, so you can expect it to be full of laughs. Tune into the WB every Wednesday at 8pm.
- The Scholar - They are some of the smartest high school seniors in the country and they are about to compete for the chance to win a four-year scholarship to the school of their choice. Each contestant has a near perfect grade-point average and has an impressive resume of volunteer experiences. For those of you who are striving to get into the school of your dreams, this is a show you should tune into! Catch it on ABC every Monday at 8pm.
- Dancing with the Stars - Already one of the top-rated shows of the summer, Dancing with the stars pairs pseudo-celebrities with professional ballroom dancers and sees who's the best. Watch peeps like Joey McIntyre (former member of New Kids on the Block), Evander Hollyfield and supermodel Rachel Hunter (who played the role of Stacey's Mom in Fountains of Wayne's music video). Tune into this riveting reality TV series on ABC every Wednesday at 8pm.
- So You Think You Can Dance? - Every station seems to be competing for your attention on Wednesday nights. So You Think You Can Dance makes its debut on Fox on Wednesday June 20th at 8pm. Think Dance 360 with an American Idol flavor. Contestants will compete against one another week after week to see who's really got dancing talent.
Summer TV Schedule - Old Favorites
- Veronica Mars - If you missed out on this prime-time drama the first time around, UPN is giving you another chance to catch season one of Veronica Mars from the very beginning. Starting on June 14, 2005, you can tune in every Tuesday this summer and follow Veronica on some on her toughest private-eye cases - after she's finished with her homework of course!
- Summerland - Summerland took a bit of hiatus, but Jesse Mac is back for a summer of fun. Catch the rest of this season's episodes starting on June 13, 2005. Unfortunately the word on the street is that Summerland has been dropped from the WB line-up and won't be returning this fall. So soak up as much Summerland sun as you can this summer!
Summer TV Schedule - Awards Shows
- MTV 2005 Movie Awards - The 2005 MTV Movie Awards have come and gone, but if you missed them the first time, you can bet that MTV will be replaying them throughout the summer. From Napoleon Dynamite to Rachel McAdam's, you definitely gotta check them out!
- 2005 Teen Choice Awards - Vote for your fave celebs, movies, music and more and then tune into Fox on August 16, 2005 and see if your choices win the coveted Teen Choice surf board. Head on over to Teen People to cast your ballot now! www.teenpeople.com
- 2005 MTV Movie Awards Fashion Police
- Summerland TV Show Fun Facts
- Jesse McCartney Interview
- More Great TV Shows to Check Out!