Garfield and Friends TV Show Facts
Get the goods on the 80s cartoon, Garfield and Friends. Weve got facts, trivia, quotes and much more on this CBS cartoon.
Back in 1978, the world was introduced to an orange and black, fat cat named Garfield. He wasn't cute and cuddly, but he did win people over with his funny jokes and crazy antics. Get the 411 on the cartoon that Garfield starred in from 1988 to 1996.
Garfield and Friends - Main Characters
- Garfield - Garfield is a fat, spoiled cat who is owned by Jon Arbuckle. Garfield thinks that the world revolves around his every desire and makes sure everyone knows it. His favorite pastimes are sleeping and being mean to Odie. He's also a huge fan of lasagna and eats it every chance he gets.
- Odie - Odie is Jon Arbuckle's loveable puppy. All Odie wants is to be friends with Garfield, but he just doesn't understand that Garfield isn't interested. Odie just keeps coming back for more abuse every time.
- Jon Arbuckle - Jon is Odie and Garfield's owner. He loves both of them but Garfield tends to push Jon's buttons whenever he can. Jon loves taking Garfield to the vet, whom he has a big a crush on.
- Nermal - Nermal is the neighborhood kitty cat that also wants to be friends with Garfield. Of course, Garfield, being the self-centered cat that he is, wants nothing to do with Nermal.
Garfield and Friends - Fun Facts
- Throughout it's eight year run, Garfield and Friends had three different theme songs.
- The bathroom scale is always making fun of Garfield's weight and insults him whenever it can.
- Garfield was born in Mamma Leoni's kitchen.
- Garfield has a girlfriend named Arlene.
- Garfield's least favorite day of the week is Monday.
- Garfield and Friends is based on the comic strip created by Jim Davis in 1978.
Garfield and Friends - Quotes
"All I do is eat and sleep. Eat and sleep. Eat and sleep. There must be more to a cat's life than that. But I hope not." - Garfield.
"You can scratch my chair, you can insult my mother, you can beat up my dog and you can play with my rubber mouse... but you don't eat my food and you don't sleep in my bed!" - Garfield.
Garfield and Friends - DVDs Volume One to Four
Now you can own all the Garfield and Friends episodes on DVD! Volumes One through Three are already in stores and Volume Four hits video store shelves on August 30, 2005! Catch all the laughs with Garfield, Odie, Jon and the rest of the gang. The DVDs don't include any extras, but the episodes alone are worth the money.
Garfield and Friends DVD Rating:
- The Muppet Show TV Show Facts
- What's New Scooby-Doo TV Show Facts
- Cartoons That Never Go Out of Style